How do we fix the QB in 2020

WindyCity

40 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

I forgot about the Ditka years where we had sustained success with clown car of quarterbacks, or how about the playoff appearances by Lovie with two average at best quarterbacks.  Yes quarterback is important for success but a solid overall team is just as important.  You guys can overreact but this team has a solid defense, and a few adjustments on the offense and this team might be in the playoffs again.  Not to mention this team as bad as they have played are one game under .500.

That is understating it a little.

20 hours ago, WindyCity said:

What many people thought was irrelevant he was awful and a waste of 18 million dollars.

A smoke screen is meant to obscure what you are doing. It obscured nothing Pace still panicked and traded up.

If teams had assume they were not going QB because of Glennon and he had sat at 3 and picked his QB that is an effective smokescreen.

I am well aware that he drafted Trubisky. It is the single most devastating move since Jerry passed on Aaron Rodgers to take Ced Benson

You'd rather have had Aaron Rodgers than Cedric Benson (who the Bears didn't even need)? Silly you!

The thing with the trade up was that Pace was locked into Trubisky, so when he got wind folks were trading up, he flinched. 

Why on earth he was so completely sold on Trubisky over Watson and Mahommes is the mystery here. 

As far as aggressively addressing the position, I applaud that. But...he blew it with Glennon, and may have with Trubisky. I will contend that isn't good. 

13 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

You'd rather have had Aaron Rodgers than Cedric Benson (who the Bears didn't even need)? Silly you!

The thing with the trade up was that Pace was locked into Trubisky, so when he got wind folks were trading up, he flinched. 

Why on earth he was so completely sold on Trubisky over Watson and Mahommes is the mystery here. 

As far as aggressively addressing the position, I applaud that. But...he blew it with Glennon, and may have with Trubisky. I will contend that isn't good. 

Glennon was a waste of money, that sucks but is survivable.

Missing on Trubisky is devastating. "Isn't good" is an understatement.

33 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Glennon was a waste of money, that sucks but is survivable.

Missing on Trubisky is devastating. "Isn't good" is an understatement.

I'm still not convinced Trubisky is worthless--but freely admit the Bears may not ever be the team to determine that.

However, let's put all that aside. Serious question here; do you think Pace is a worse problem than Nagy? 

6 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm still not convinced Trubisky is worthless--but freely admit the Bears may not ever be the team to determine that.

However, let's put all that aside. Serious question here; do you think Pace is a worse problem than Nagy? 

Yes. What is Nagy supposed to do with a pumpkin at QB?

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yes. What is Nagy supposed to do with a pumpkin at QB?

It's a more substantial question than that. You sure Nagy has done all to ensure Trubisky succeeds? That his offensive schemes are flawless, we can lay this all at the QBs feet? 

There is plenty of evidence that outside of (maybe) double doinking on Mitch, Pace has managed to assemble a really good team. Do we ignore that? 

17 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Yes. The QB playing poorly drags everything down. Play calls, OL, WRs, run game, it sucks the life out of all of it.

I do not think Nagy is blameless as he has been way too slow to adapt.

Pace blew the pick at QB. That is the genisis of all of this. If Mahomes was the QB all of this would be different.

Just now, WindyCity said:

Yes. The QB playing poorly drags everything down. Play calls, OL, WRs, run game, it sucks the life out of all of it.

I do not think Nagy is blameless as he has been way too slow to adapt.

Pace blew the pick at QB. That is the genisis of all of this. If Mahomes was the QB all of this would be different.

Do you think Nagy should stay, and Pace should go? 

8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Yes

11 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It's a more substantial question than that. You sure Nagy has done all to ensure Trubisky succeeds? That his offensive schemes are flawless, we can lay this all at the QBs feet? 

There is plenty of evidence that outside of (maybe) double doinking on Mitch, Pace has managed to assemble a really good team. Do we ignore that? 

Are we sure? No. How could we be?

But Trubisky was decent last year and has been pathetic this year. That isn't coaching. The coach expanded his playbook and it's evident that the QB either can't learn it or he can but it doesn't process after the coin flip.

No one minded Nagy last year. As a matter of fact we loved him. Now the QB can't set his feet or find open receivers and it's the coach's fault? He could tell him until he's blue in the face to do those things but he can't do it for him.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

No one minded Nagy last year. As a matter of fact we loved him. Now the QB can't set his feet or find open receivers and it's the coach's fault? He could tell him until he's blue in the face to do those things but he can't do it for him.

You think Nagy is without blame in all of this? 

47 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

100%

Pace missing on Trubiksy, with the other options available, has set this franchise back years.

He has destroyed whatever credibility he had in terms of the QB position. 

If the next phase of this is about trying again to get the QB spot right, I see no reason he is needed.

I’m not sure Nagy is without blame, but he’s definitely adapted and simplified this offense. People are asking for things like I formation and 35 runs per game and those things just don’t really happen in today’s NFL.

It’s easier than ever to throw the ball in the modern game. Rookies are having immediate success. Teams are attempting more passing plays than ever. Yet Bears fans want to blame the coach for passing too much and not shielding a terrible QB from his own ineptitude.