How do we fix the QB in 2020

WindyCity

11 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

The Bengals look so bad i haven't even watched but maybe 10 minutes of them this season,  and that wasn't because I was interested in them. Lol. Is Dalton declining or is his recent fall more due to laughable talent around him? 

He certainly isn't the player he was 5 years ago but Green hasn't played at all this year & it's apparent he wasn't a fit for Taylor's offense. I don't know how he translates here but the system at TCU was a lot of shotgun/RPO stuff IIRC

On 11/15/2019 at 8:54 PM, WindyCity said:

Time is a flat circle.

34 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If the Bears move on from him in the spring, my assumption is the rumors would be true & the McCaskey's will have a lot of belief in him and are essentially giving him another 3 years. He would have walked into their office and admitted fault for the pick.

At that point I'd offer a 4 or 5 for Dalton & let Nagy take his guy in round 2 or 4.

That might be acceptable to me. One thing I love about Pace, and Gutekunst in Green Bay, is that they're aren't afraid to aggressively go out and seek changes to what they perceive as their team's problems. More GMs should be like that, and probably will be in the future. 

19 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

The Bengals look so bad i haven't even watched but maybe 10 minutes of them this season,  and that wasn't because I was interested in them. Lol. Is Dalton declining or is his recent fall more due to laughable talent around him? 

He's still pretty much what he used to be, as far as I've seen. The team is just falling off, in transition, etc. 

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Maybe Tagovaiola will fall to the 2nd round

That injury throws everything out of whack. Burrow looks like the 1st overall now and Hurts likely goes in the 1st. Would you trade up to secure Tagovaiola? 

Nagy and Tagy. It may fall apart but it's catchy.  

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We the fans are talking ourselves into ANDY DALTON.

Because this clown franchise can’t pick a stud QB when 2 of them are staring them in the face.

I'm convinced they would have found a way to ruin either of those 2 QBs had they been the pick over Tru.

• Like 1

We fix QB by trading up and drafting another one.

You don't statistically get franchise level QBs outside of the first round, and you aren't winning a damn thing without one.

Our entire FA class will have to be OL and a TE.

Yes this will cost us a ton, and is a desperation move, but this team needs a guy under center who can actually run the damn offense.

The team's window right now is 2 years from now. 2020 is already punted, because of the massive holes on the OLine and QB, and limited capital to move up and fix those problems. Next season is already punted as far as I'm concerned, and our overall window is already closing before we need to blow the whole damn thing up.

My concern is really coming up on what happens at QB next year.

- Tru isn't meshing with the system, and should no longer be part of 2020 plans and beyond. He will be on the roster because the Bears will have $9 mil dead cap if he moves on, unless there is some way to trade him and a 4th for a 5th and they take on his signing bonus, if that is even possible.

- Tua likely would stay at Bama to heal as it sounds like he may redshirt anyway. If he makes it to the late 1st because he declares I would make the move, just as I said I wanted to for Jaylen Smith. But I think he stays, so now all the QBs bump up. Who is available in the 2nd now? Burrow, Herbert were never going to make it out of the 1st even with a healthy Tua. So now who else jumps up? Eason has the arm teams all want, maybe TB moves on from Winston. Or Hurts gets to jump up now too. So who is left? Love isn't someone who will be worth a damn any time soon, Fromm is the most ready mentally but his ceiling is lower IMO. Montez has tools but shouldn't sniff our first pick either. Just not an inspiring group, but there are numerous teams that will need a young QB with Winston, Newton, and Mariota all likely to hit FA.

- With Tru being the expensive reserve, the Bears see that the defense is going to take a step back due to losses in FA. So do they show desperation by snatching up one of the aforementioned guys? Winston is basically what Cutler was portrayed by the media. Newton is a bigger Trubisky, he never has been accurate and now is brittle. Mariota is a guy who should be a reserve, not a starter. Sinking any real money into any of them seems like putting a noose around Pace and Nagy's necks and telling them to watch. Maybe Mariota or Cam will take a 1 year deal to jump their value but still that isn't much of an upgrade at all. Bridgewater is going to get paid but to me he is a system QB only. Manning could be the best QB3 in the NFL potentially. Rivers won't want to leave the east coast.

- Brees and Brady are going nowhere. Not even worth going into more detail.

- Maybe WAS does something and drafts a QB then trades Haskins - like AZ did to Rosen. But will that be an upgrade either?

- Foles has worked with Nagy's system but they aren't eating his cap. Same for Alex Smith (assuming he is healthy anyway in 2020). The Jags may be willing to trade Minshew and go with someone else as the QB2, but I don't want to see him under center for the Bears, especially not for what they likely would want for him.

All in all, the Tua injury really screws the Bears.