Is this Brady’s final year in New England?

rocky_rams

10 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

My opinion hasn't changed - if we win the SB, he retires. If we don't, he comes back.

You can tell he's frustrated with how the O is going currently though, and whilst this has happened before, he's now older than the previous times....

Think he comes back regardless,  especially if he WINS. Just to prove the doubters wrong again. Only injury will make the decesion not to a possibility IMO. Just a matter of Price and how much more stock Kraft wants to invest in TB12 to get it done?

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 24.10.2019 at 5:05 AM, rocky_rams said:

Man that’s cold. I hope they let the GOAT leave on his own terms. 

I hope he doesn’t join Tennessee. If he does go to another team id like for it to be a team that’s a QB away from being a contender 

Belichick isn't wired that way so I don't really see it. He won't waste a single season while he is coaching. So if he doesn't think that Brady has anything left in the tank he will want to move on. 

• Like 1

I'm starting to buy in to the narrative the media is putting out that Brady thinks he could succeed in another organization at his age and he might go somewhere for a year or 2 and retire. I do think the both he and Belichick see that this is probably his last ride in NE.

• Like 1

Just now, ILoveTheVikings said:

Why on earth would he even want to leave the Patriots?

I fail to see any logic to that.

you mean for a new team?

BB might not value him high enough for his liking anymore. I don't see the Patriots offering him a huge contract (per year)

I still see him retiring after this year but I wouldn't be completely shocked if he takes a huge 1-2 year offer elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

I'm starting to buy in to the narrative the media is putting out that Brady thinks he could succeed in another organization at his age and he might go somewhere for a year or 2 and retire. I do think the both he and Belichick see that this is probably his last ride in NE.

I agree with this. I would put the odds at 60% retiring 30% new team 10% return to NE

either way it was pretty telling to me that the contract was constructed the way it is and Schefter came out and stated multiple times that Brady re-signing is the least likely option. I don't usually buy what the media writes or speculates but this has been my theory all along.

The offense has been dropping off for quiet some time and I think Belichick wants to try to win a championship with a cheaper QB and use the extra cap space for more pieces around the QB. He is the GOAT roster builder so I think he always wanted to do something like this at the end of his career. Like a kid in a candystore

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

you mean for a new team?

BB might not value him high enough for his liking anymore. I don't see the Patriots offering him a huge contract (per year)

I still see him retiring after this year but I wouldn't be completely shocked if he takes a huge 1-2 year offer elsewhere.

I just don't see Bill doing that to Tom. I know Bill doesn't really keep players past their prime but Tom is a different beast. Bill and Tom complimented each other so well that it resulted in 6 Superbowl wins. 

With Brady I'll assuming he'll be the starting QB for the Pats until he has a truly awful year and then retires, exactly like Peyton. This is assuming he doesn't retire before that.

Edited by ILoveTheVikings

1 minute ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

I just don't see Bill doing that to Tom. I know Bill doesn't really keep players past their prime but Tom is a different beast. Bill and Tom complimented each other so well that it resulted in 6 Superbowl wins. 

With Brady I'll assuming he'll be the starting QB for the Pats until he has a truly awful year and then retires, exactly like Peyton. This is assuming he doesn't retire before that.

we'll see. I don't think he wants to waste a season by handing out a huge contract to a player that won't perform during that season. Belichick always lives in the present so I don't see a scenario where he just hands out a contract based on what has been done.

If they still value him high and he wants to keep playing he will stay, but I see a high chance of the opposite happening.

9 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Obviously this means nothing and no one takes this show seriously but I find it interesting(not that he has any sources) that SAS throws out a random team that nobody talks about in the Titans. Also just happy the defense is being recognized considering no one outside of Tennessee does.

Vrabel. We speculated this in the off-season. IF there was a team.

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Vrabel. We speculated this in the off-season. IF there was a team.

And a bunch of old coaches and players he’s familiar with(Ryan(although a FA to be), Butler, Lewis(although should be a cut casualty), GM Robinson, Pees(obviously didn’t work with Brady but still). It’s obviously the perfect scenario for the Titans. Transitioning from Mariota to Brady for a season or two while still getting a QB this upcoming draft to sit a year or two. The Titans have things to fix obviously on the offensive side of the ball. WRs definitely have improved greatly with the additions of Humphries and Brown. There have been numerous analysts who have said Corey Davis is a star in a real offensive system with a QB who isn’t afraid to sling it.  They’d be losing Henry to FA but Brady doesn’t need a workhorse back. IF Brady is to leave NE and actually still wants to play, I honestly see no reason for Tennessee not the prime destination. Vrabel will pretty much let Brady handpick whoever he wants as OC(because I know he won’t want Arthur Smith).