Alex Smith will be our starter for 2020.

mar29020

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Peyton Manning led the NFL in interceptions as a rookie. Not saying Dwayne Haskins is going to be great but I am saying that rookie QBs make mistakes - especially when they’re raw, inexperienced and haven’t been given the reps they need to develop In practice by their coaches  - but we need to have patience with Haskins as he develops. The moreHaskins plays, the better he should get. He needs to play.

haskins has looked completely inept and horrible. At least peyton took it on himself to learn the plays. Haskins cant even line up the offense properly

• Like 1

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Peyton Manning led the NFL in interceptions as a rookie. Not saying Dwayne Haskins is going to be great but I am saying that rookie QBs make mistakes - especially when they’re raw, inexperienced and haven’t been given the reps they need to develop In practice by their coaches  - but we need to have patience with Haskins as he develops. The moreHaskins plays, the better he should get. He needs to play.

we keep blaming coached but its clear Gruden wouldnt even give him a shot until he learns the playbook. 

If I were coach...

I would put white bed sheets with cutout holes for eyes on all defensive players. (Ghosts...)

Then have about 15 defensive players on the field running around all over the place.

Force Haskins to hit tight windows. 

And every int he threw, I would make him do 20 pushups. (Like movie major league with Willie Mayes Hayes)

This would help him shed some fat, build his arms...

If your creative enough with people, you can help them learn.

😁

Edited by aceinthehouse
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Jamarcus Russell imho

Hey at least he didnt throw a pick

Manning threw a lot of ints but at least threw some tds 

Manning also started 40 games in college. And is basically inarguably one of the 5 best QBs who has ever lived.

I’m not sure it’s a fair comparison. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I guess we expect a lot from Haskins being a 1st rd Pick and having a stat line of 50 tds/8 int. I want to see him put in the work to improve. To me his non verbals and body language on the side line don’t thrill me. Just hope is a team guy and not a me guy. 

He's young he could outgrow that.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

He's young he could outgrow that.  

Agree. 

The guy has basically never failed before. Three championships, state player of the year, and huge stats at Bullis. 50 TDs, B1G title, Rose Bowl MVP, and a trip to NYC for the Heisman presentation in his only year as a college starter. 1st round NFL pick despite only playing one season at OSU. 

He’s failing now. A lot. I’m okay with him being upset about that. If he was cool with it, I’d honestly be more concerned. I want him to be frustrated and angry about failing — that’s what will drive him to learn more and keep improving. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, e16bball said:

Agree. 

The guy has basically never failed before. Three championships, state player of the year, and huge stats at Bullis. 50 TDs, B1G title, Rose Bowl MVP, and a trip to NYC for the Heisman presentation in his only year as a college starter. 1st round NFL pick despite only playing one season at OSU. 

He’s failing now. A lot. I’m okay with him being upset about that. If he was cool with it, I’d honestly be more concerned. I want him to be frustrated and angry about failing — that’s what will drive him to learn more and keep improving. 

Biggest piece of humble pie you can get is playing for the Redskins :P

• Like 1

I am not going to discredit a guy drafted by this team which has no talent for scouting talent. Haskins was a Allen and Snyder pick to keep fan interest. I do not, however, think that crap show in Ashburn is going to start Alex Smith at 35 on 1 good leg just cause they owe him money, but I have seen worse situations, especially considering he will have a dead cap of 32M in 2020 if he were released. 

I would like to see what Haskins does after this year, working with a QB coach and OC to be ready in 2020. If Callahan is the HC, its possible, if Alex is healthy, that Smith starts. If its someone else, I see Haskins. 

8 minutes ago, mike23md said:

I am not going to discredit a guy drafted by this team which has no talent for scouting talent. Haskins was a Allen and Snyder pick to keep fan interest. I do not, however, think that crap show in Ashburn is going to start Alex Smith at 35 on 1 good leg just cause they owe him money, but I have seen worse situations, especially considering he will have a dead cap of 32M in 2020 if he were released. 

I would like to see what Haskins does after this year, working with a QB coach and OC to be ready in 2020. If Callahan is the HC, its possible, if Alex is healthy, that Smith starts. If its someone else, I see Haskins. 

Alex Smith is never playing football again. 

• Like 2