Week 9 GDT - Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Going to be really interested to see how we handle the Cards 4 receiver running game. They run out of 4 receiver sets more than anyone in the NFL and it's not particularly close. I also wonder if that means that we will see Johnson on the field more, of if we kick Ward down to the slot on some 4 sets and put Moore into the game at his spot and essentially run a 3 cb / 3 safety dime package type set. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clarkfn2284 said:

This will sound weird, but I am obsessed with his hands. He doesn't do anything special in terms of moves. He just consistently uses his hands to keep hands off of him while moving forward.

Honestly his hands and how he uses his body is what makes him special. He isn't the fastest nor the quickest nor the strongest but technically he is just so sound. He knows how to bait the guy in front of him to do what he wants him to do and then uses that momentum or stop of momentum to get past. 

Also the moves he uses work perfectly off off eachother. Where he can go both inside and outside and he sets up one with the other.

Edited by Justone2
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Forge said:

Going to be really interested to see how we handle the Cards 4 receiver running game. They run out of 4 receiver sets more than anyone in the NFL and it's not particularly close. I also wonder if that means that we will see Johnson on the field more, of if we kick Ward down to the slot on some 4 sets and put Moore into the game at his spot and essentially run a 3 cb / 3 safety dime package type set. 

Beat writers seem to think this means more Tarvarius Moore, and that seems like the most obvious/appealing option. 

18 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Goodwin the healthy scratch this week. Does not bode well for his long-term standing with the team.

Could be just a lack of practice. He basically hasn't practiced in 2 weeks since we didn't have a real one this week. 

He and Pettis should be in a dog fight for the final receiver spot next season. 

Been one of the more avid Goodwin fans, but I don't really think he would have a long-term standing anyway. Looking at his contract, I don't know that they can justify taking those 5.1 and 6.4 cap hits in this offense. I'm sure they will rather give that money to Manny Sanders, if to a WR. 

As for just this year, I sure hope he can be ready to go next week. Pending the development of others, he is still our 2nd best WR, and that speed can still be a big help. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Could be just a lack of practice. He basically hasn't practiced in 2 weeks since we didn't have a real one this week. 

He and Pettis should be in a dog fight for the receiver spot next season. 

Good point. I didn't consider that. I guess Seattle will be a better test - especially when four of the inactive guys may no longer be inactive. And that will require four of tonight's active guys to join him.  

Trying to keep this thread bumped over last week's gameday thread. Here's a nice clip of DJ Jones plays. 

A lot of us (myself included) gave Lynch and Shanahan a lot of crap when all they did was build an incredible roster in three years. It's amazing how many strong and effective roleplayers they've managed to find all over the roster. 

1 minute ago, Aussie9er said:

Lets go Niners.

All set for this game. Already called in sick (work should know better than to roster me on game day ), had a surf this morning, eating my breakfast burrito. To complete this great day all I need is a big 49ers win.

sounds like the california way but not in california

2 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

Lets go Niners.

All set for this game. Already called in sick (work should know better than to roster me on game day ), had a surf this morning, eating my breakfast burrito. To complete this great day all I need is a big 49ers win.

I really want to move to Australia. 

I spent two weeks in Sydney this year and absolutely loved it.