Adam Gase's Job Security?

Howler

4 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Jet's are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

On one hand, Gase is working with the worst OL in the league. You can draw up all the plays you want, but if your QB can't complete a 3-step drop without getting hit from both ends and your run blocking is non-existent, then all those play calls are worthless. Not to mention facing the two of the best defenses in the league and having to start Luke Falk for our most winnable games.

On the other, great coaches make do. We aren't just losing - we are being embarrassed. A better coach beats the Bills and the Jags. His resume is lacking too.

I honestly don't care either way. We still need another year to acquire missing pieces and see what we have, so he might as well stay on. A new HC isn't going to suddenly heal our players and improve our talent.

No. We waited too long with Todd Bowles. It was obvious half way through 2016 he was garbage.

We need to get him away from Sam. 

I'm just really happy the Packers didn't get him like I wanted.  I thought his issues were around Tannehill not being capable of reaching the next level, but now I feel bad for not believing in Tannehill.  He is a trainwreck, and I hope the Jets fire him.  So much potential on that Jets team. 

• Like 1

I fully believe Darnold is a franchise QB and he’s getting criticized for possibly having the worst overall coaching staff in football, terrible line, below average receivers/te, and terrible defense. He’s got a good RB in Bell but he’s also useless behind that line. 

Honestly feel for both Darnold and Bell. Mostly Darnold since he didn’t a choice in any of this. Bell wanted the most money possible. 

Seriously though. At this point, the Jets need to blow the front office up and start fresh. Go the 49ers route and get a HC / GM that pair well together, give them long term deals with no offset language for the job security, and let them do what they need to do to build the team. Trade the parts that they don't care to have a future with. Jettison the bloated contracts of people who aren't worth it to get out of the dead money in year one (Trumaine Johnson, Avery Williamson, Quincy Enunwa, etc. Even if the team looks like an expansion team next year, it's in such a better place moving forward. 

Him and Dan Quinn should be sharing a car and riding their sorry butts straight to the unemployment line is what should be going down.   Shanny and Ryan carried our team to a SB in 2016 and almost had it won.  But Quinn and his 25th or worst defense every year gets to keep his job while he throws everyone else he hires under the bus and stays on.

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

Seriously though. At this point, the Jets need to blow the front office up and start fresh. Go the 49ers route and get a HC / GM that pair well together, give them long term deals with no offset language for the job security, and let them do what they need to do to build the team. Trade the parts that they don't care to have a future with. Jettison the bloated contracts of people who aren't worth it to get out of the dead money in year one (Trumaine Johnson, Avery Williamson, Quincy Enunwa, etc. Even if the team looks like an expansion team next year, it's in such a better place moving forward. 

Lol we did blow the fo up. We have no one from the maccagnan regime which set this team back.

Joe Douglas has yet to even make a draft pick or have a offseason. Our scouting department is way different than the past as well. 

Adam Gase is just pathetic since Miami 

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

Lol we did blow the fo up. We have no one from the maccagnan regime which set this team back.

Joe Douglas has yet to even make a draft pick or have a offseason. Our scouting department is way different than the past as well. 

Adam Gase is just pathetic since Miami 

Sorry, I should have specified blow it up and have everything in sync lol. That was the most discombobulated blow up ever. If Douglas is the guy, you have to give him the reigns fully and let him put in people he trusts, wants, and gets along with. There also needs to be a clear dynamic at work.