Post game; what did you like.

Kiwibrown

Thebdown has been discussed a lot of people played well and its worth mentioning. 

1. Baker played well with what he had  

2. Chubb is looking amazing, aside from the fumbles.

3. Ward looks like he is back 

4. Greedy only got beat by good throws. 

6. Myles and vernon looked like a strong combo. 

7. Mcray is a load in the run game.

8. Schob and mack were solid.

9. wilks is more than pulling his weight.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The negativity is nigh.

Id say it’s past that point. 

If things continue against Denver, etc as they’ve been, there will be further reason for uproar. As of now, I’m trying to remind myself that we’ve won our only AFCN game and have run into a gauntlet of teams. But we must see improvement from this point in all areas. Particularly the offense starting at QB and overall discipline/penalties. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Id say it’s past that point. 

If things continue against Denver, etc as they’ve been, there will be further reason for uproar. As of now, I’m trying to remind myself that we’ve won our only AFCN game and have run into a gauntlet of teams. But we must see improvement from this point in all areas. Particularly the offense starting at QB and overall discipline/penalties. 

If we were competitive and losing against those teams that are as good or better than us (like the Rams for example. Frustrating but yet not surprising as it was competitive), then I'd be more optimistic and realistic. That said, we turned the ball over on 3 consecutive snaps and Baker LOOKS LIKE GARBAGE. He's the worst starting QB in the NFL this year (STATISTICAL FACT) and the lack of discipline that this team has in penalties (especially on the OL), dropped passes, and turnovers is reprehensible. 

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we were competitive and losing against those teams that are as good or better than us (like the Rams for example. Frustrating but yet not surprising as it was competitive), then I'd be more optimistic and realistic. That said, we turned the ball over on 3 consecutive snaps and Baker LOOKS LIKE GARBAGE. He's the worst starting QB in the NFL this year (STATISTICAL FACT) and the lack of discipline that this team has in penalties (especially on the OL), dropped passes, and turnovers is reprehensible. 

He’s not been worse than Trubisky and looks like Darnold if you guy by the eye test. 

25 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

He’s not been worse than Trubisky and looks like Darnold if you guy by the eye test. 

You spent way too long thinking about that. 

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So crazy to see how people have flipped out after a loss to a team that pretty much everyone had penned on the schedule as a loss since it came out.

Like, literally nobody thought we were gonna win, we didn’t, and now folks are in an uproar.  What changed?

For me it's a complete culmination and has nothing to do about the Patriots. Sitting at 2-5 with a QB who has regressed in every facet of the game, completing 57.6% of his passes, a 1 to 2 TD to INT ratio putting him on pace for 14 TD and 27 INT, a 67.8 passer rating,  241 YPG, and has NOT thrown multiple TD passes in any game this season.

Those are DeShone Kizer type performances/numbers. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KizeDe00.htm

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You spent way too long thinking about that. 

For me it's a complete culmination and has nothing to do about the Patriots. Sitting at 2-5 with a QB who has regressed in every facet of the game, completing 57.6% of his passes, a 1 to 2 TD to INT ratio putting him on pace for 14 TD and 27 INT, a 67.8 passer rating,  241 YPG, and has NOT thrown multiple TD passes in any game this season.

Those are DeShone Kizer type performances/numbers. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KizeDe00.htm

He’s still just a 2nd year QB. This isn’t an uncommon place to be in. His 2018 draft comrades have performed similar or worse. As far as Baker goes, I’ll start really wondering what we have if this is his year 3 performance and there isn’t real offseason progress. 

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

He’s still just a 2nd year QB.

So? He's regressed. That's serious cause for concern.

This isn’t an uncommon place to be in.

I respectfully disagree. It's 2019 and QB play is easier/more advantageous than ever with all the rules put into place to help offenses. Throw in the fact that he was the #1 overall pick in the draft, and here we are.

His 2018 draft comrades have performed similar or worse.

Very true. That said, if we took DeShaun Watson like I wanted in 2017, the point is moot anyway.

As far as Baker goes, I’ll start really wondering what we have if this is his year 3 performance and there isn’t real offseason progress. 

For sure. I haven't given up on him yet, but I'm going to be critical. He's regressed and looks TERRIBLE. It's not like he's gone from "really good to mediocre and promising with flaws". He's gone from "really good to one of the worst QB's in the NFL". I'm giving him, Freddy, and Dorsey another 25 games to figure it out. That's 2 seasons and 2 offseasons for Freddie, 3 seasons/3 offseasons for Baker, and 4 of each for Dorsey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So crazy to see how people have flipped out after a loss to a team that pretty much everyone had penned on the schedule as a loss since it came out.

Like, literally nobody thought we were gonna win, we didn’t, and now folks are in an uproar.  What changed?

Do you know where you are?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

So? He's regressed. That's serious cause for concern.

I respectfully disagree. It's 2019 and QB play is easier/more advantageous than ever with all the rules put into place to help offenses. Throw in the fact that he was the #1 overall pick in the draft, and here we are.

Very true. That said, if we took DeShaun Watson like I wanted in 2017, the point is moot anyway.

For sure. I haven't given up on him yet, but I'm going to be critical. He's regressed and looks TERRIBLE. It's not like he's gone from "really good to mediocre and promising with flaws". He's gone from "really good to one of the worst QB's in the NFL". I'm giving him, Freddy, and Dorsey another 25 games to figure it out. That's 2 seasons and 2 offseasons for Freddie, 3 seasons/3 offseasons for Baker, and 4 of each for Dorsey.

.....all I'm going to say is that the man got married over the summer.  

It changes you.  Whether we want to admit it or not, it changes you.  

Generally for the better, but there may also be other considerations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You're singing a different tune than a few weeks ago man. What happened? 

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s over.

And this. You have to have hope, y'all are SOOO good. Mayfield is a prodigy though. He was the king of M&T when you crowned him a few short weeks ago. It's sad to see you in such a way, brownies. You know, after all that mess you were talking in the Ravens forum. Trolling and what not. Hope you feel better soon.