Prequel to World War III Mafia: Night 5 (Send Yerr PMs!)

SwAg

Just now, Dome said:

So am I.

This game was slower than a short bus with a flat tire. 

I tried to make you all learn to play outside deadlines.  Instead of showing initiative, you just didn’t play.  You barely posted on D1 or D2.

5 minutes ago, Dome said:

I'm not sure if this is directed at me, but playing the PM game is usually "what time did you get the timestamp" or "what specific word did the host use to say your alignment was" or "what's the 7th letter in on your wincon?"

.... not "I don't have a town wincon, hope I'm not alone."

I have no way of knowing if that's just going to end up in my death. I took a bit of a leap of faith too. 

If someone has a role that might lead them to claim early (like maybe a friendly PGO with a survivor wincon) and their claim could mess up mafia, the host should probably given mafia a fake role PM so they don't slip up. 

The rules say you may paraphrase your role and abilities, the fact that I was a survivor and also town could come out, per the rules.

I felt my best play was to get ahead of having an odd wincon and trying to draw mafia heat.

in a normal scenario I would agree with you, but for this game and the way it was set up.....it 100% was a pm game.  

you were 100% cleared as town and mwil and forge were 100% caught by it.  it all stemmed from the fact that it was a unique wincon to town and could have more or less been used as a mass claim at that point.  

I do not believe you had ill intentions, but the way the game was setup, BY THE HOST, it allowed for some questionable results.   

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

in a normal scenario I would agree with you, but for this game and the way it was set up.....it 100% was a pm game.  

you were 100% cleared as town and mwil and forge were 100% caught by it.  it all stemmed from the fact that it was a unique wincon to town and could have more or less been used as a mass claim at that point.  

I do not believe you had ill intentions, but the way the game was setup, BY THE HOST, it allowed for some questionable results.   

In no way shape or form did it oust forge 100%. 

I mean, maybe Mafia should stop trying to score Town points when they don’t know the situation they’re walking into.

They could have side stepped it with a vague post about game integrity... or like waited for someone else to talk and read their reaction.  The eagerness to prove they’re Town undid them just as much if not more.  You can win PM games and be erroneously cleared.  MWil and Forge just suck.

2 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Right but then you said that it damned the mafia because they didn’t get involved. 

I wasn’t mafia. 

I didn’t get involved. 

I came out just fine. 

you were not in the active portion of the game if I remember correctly so you not engaging on that topic would be a null tell.

anyone active and not engaging would have been caught (forge) and active and engaging would have been caught (mwil) 

5 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Forge is the best one here because he called Dome the retard gimmick poster early on

Then I spent the next 3 days explaining why he and is two teammates were scum before killing one of them because forge forgot to tell him not to visit me.

I took your team captain behind the bleachers.

Edited by Dome
No offense, forge. Just aimed at swag, sorry for the collateral.

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

you were not in the active portion of the game if I remember correctly so you not engaging on that topic would be a null tell.

anyone active and not engaging would have been caught (forge) and active and engaging would have been caught (mwil) 

So what about all of the others that did not engage? 

3 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Or are you suggesting that if I had been mafia it would have outed me if I played it the same way? 

I am suggesting that if you were mafia and active at that time and had refused to engage you would have been outed similar to forge.  

if you were mafia and active but wanted to engage you would have been outed similar to mwil 

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Then I spent the next 3 days explaining why he and is two teammates were scum before killing one of them because forge forgot to tell him not to visit me.

I took your team captain behind the bleachers.

Malf wasn't in chat with us. We weren't aware that he was scum. That's why we didn't tell him 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I mean, maybe Mafia should stop trying to score Town points when they don’t know the situation they’re walking into.

They could have side stepped it with a vague post about game integrity... or like waited for someone else to talk and read their reaction.  The eagerness to prove they’re Town undid them just as much if not more.  You can win PM games and be erroneously cleared.  MWil and Forge just suck.

Not experienced enough to recognize it, is how I would term it. This is just mean to be mean

3 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

In no way shape or form did it oust forge 100%. 

disagree. 

why do you think I was on forge d1 and d2 

he was active and posting the whole time it was being discussed and ignored it.  then some hours later he hopped into the thread and mentioned the wincon as if to be blend in to town (almost as if he had just been given the wincon)

5 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

How could I possibly have known how the game was set up?

I only had my PM. 

Like I said, I could've just as easily been walking into the noose. 

You were one of the first people to like that post when I made it, btw.

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I am suggesting that if you were mafia and active at that time and had refused to engage you would have been outed similar to forge.  

if you were mafia and active but wanted to engage you would have been outed similar to mwil 

If my lynch had come down to that, with no other problems, I'm reasonably sure that I would have gotten away from it. I think I would have won that. Past precedent is just on my side there. I didn't get involved in pm gate in marvel (town), and I also didn't get involved in the timestamp issue in the other game (also town).