Week 9 GDT: Green Bay Packers (7-1) at Los Angeles Chargers (3-5)

Cakeshoppe

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Lazard probably has a TD here if we're not forcing this thing. 

This is catch and throw for Aaron, presnap is telling him it's Davante versus a backup LB. Don't think anything is forced. The issue is we didn't call this again when they showed man, with Aaron instructed this time to watch WR 2.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

This is catch and throw for Aaron, presnap is telling him it's Davante versus a backup LB. Don't think anything is forced. The issue is we didn't call this again when they showed man, with Aaron instructed this time to watch WR 2.

My issue with your read on it is I don't see Lazard even trying to block. It's not like he showed the block and then tried to take off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think the shot play was the right read there. 

That's something I can't comment one way or another on. I know you read some plays TD to checkdown but other plays if you read presnap win (which Davante 1-1 with a backup OLB is) you catch the snap and throw the presnap win.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Offense got real predictable with Davante back in this thing. 

I don't think you can take any predictive imdicators from the offense yesterday. The players and coach took a punch to the face and stayed down on the mat. The OL got us off schedule and Matt strayed from the game plan. I wouldn't even watch the film and correct it. Just bad everywhere but it's not our identity.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Offense got real predictable with Davante back in this thing. 

It was a real tough watch for sure.  Watched the 2nd half on replay right after it finished... Jones was drawing a safety a lot of the time in coverage on the outside.

Offense needs another wrinkle.  If they are gonna move a safety all the way outside to guard Jones, Jimmy Graham just has to make the middle of the field a dangerous spot to vacate.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

It was a real tough watch for sure.  Watched the 2nd half on replay right after it finished... Jones was drawing a safety a lot of the time in coverage on the outside.

Offense needs another wrinkle.  If they are gonna move a safety all the way outside to guard Jones, Jimmy Graham just has to make the middle of the field a dangerous spot to vacate.

Doesn't even need to be Graham, anybody playing that slot can make it happen. MVS or Adams can do it just as easily. 

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't think you can take any predictive imdicators from the offense yesterday. The players and coach took a punch to the face and stayed down on the mat. The OL got us off schedule and Matt strayed from the game plan. I wouldn't even watch the film and correct it. Just bad everywhere but it's not our identity.

Isn't that the sort of thing you expect a good coach and a franchise QB to be able to rally your guys and prevent?