Week 9 GDT: Green Bay Packers (7-1) at Los Angeles Chargers (3-5)

Cakeshoppe

54 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

For those complaining about/criticizing Rodgers for focusing too much on Davante I can certainly tell you that certainly looked to be the case from the stands yesterday. 

That's been the case since the beginning of time.  Rodgers has always targeted his favorites.  Doesn't matter if it's Davante Adams or Jordy Nelson, he's always thrown to his guys. Did Allen Lazard magically become the second best WR on the team?   Why did he get more targets than Geronimo Allison, MVS, and Jake Kumerow combined?

Pointless to over-analyze this game, IMO.  Sounds like they lacked proper preparation.  It probably didn't help that a cadre of players went out and got lit on Saturday night, woke up with hangovers on Sunday, and proceeded to lay a turd on the field.  This speaks directly to leadership and character, and if I were MLF, I'll pull the cool-aid from the shelves and make them drink tap water for a while.  

Just now, MaryTsraining3s said:

Maybe it was decided on for superstitious reasons which I am all for, but are there no longer separate Post Game threads being made?

We were winning, so people forgot how to make threads to ***** and moan about everything. 

The universe allows postgame threads.  They're fine. 

• Like 1

We got our butt kicked, if it carries over into next week, I'll be concerned. Every good  team seems to "feels" itself too much and thinks by getting off the bus they get a win. Wake up call straightens you out.

The SB Packers in 2010 lost to a really bad Bucs team, the SB Packers in 96 lost to the Colts who were the worst team in the league. The Jets beat the Cowboys this year and they came back and crushed the Eagles. The Ravens have won 4 straight after the Browns smoked them.

Regroup, get the vets to get everyone back on the same page. Be loose, have fun, refocus and kick Carolina's *** at home and enjoy the bye at 8-2.

I will say LA has 0 HFA as far as fan support, but their greatest advantage may be that other teams have to try and stay focused while spending 2 days in SoCal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We only play one guy at the second level.

Tony Brown ran a 4.35 40

Darnell Savage ran a 4.36 40

Jaire Alexander ran a 4.38 40

Kevin King ran a 4.43 40

How much speed can you possibly want in the back end?

Those aren't linebackers. The rush defense is 25th, it looks soft, zero interior pressures, the tackling is horrible, and they are getting torched via the pass regardless. The 1 linebacker thing isn't working. You made a separate thread illustrating this

Edited by cannondale

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We got our butt kicked, if it carries over into next week, I'll be concerned. Every good  team seems to "feels" itself too much and thinks by getting off the bus they get a win. Wake up call straightens you out.

The SB Packers in 2010 lost to a really bad Bucs team, the SB Packers in 96 lost to the Colts who were the worst team in the league. The Jets beat the Cowboys this year and they came back and crushed the Eagles. The Ravens have won 4 straight after the Browns smoked them.

Regroup, get the vets to get everyone back on the same page. Be loose, have fun, refocus and kick Carolina's *** at home and enjoy the bye at 8-2.

I will say LA has 0 HFA as far as fan support, but their greatest advantage may be that other teams have to try and stay focused while spending 2 days in SoCal.

My expectations are reasonable, but for this team, the difference between possibly playing a Saints team in Lambeau vs  Superdome could be a game like yesterday. That translates into a chance in hell vs no chance in hell. I'm not holding my breath, just saying.

Edited by cannondale

37 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We were winning, so people forgot how to make threads to ***** and moan about everything. 

The universe allows postgame threads.  They're fine. 

it's actually refreshingly quiet here.  A strange semblance of maturity has settled in here, like we've all agreed to just put it behind us and look at the next one more closely.