Week 9 GDT: Green Bay Packers (7-1) at Los Angeles Chargers (3-5)

Cakeshoppe

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This team shouldn't be getting punched in the face by Detroit and Kansas City without 5 of it's 6 best players. 

This is the NFL man, any team not named Miami, New York or Cincinnati is capable of delivering a punch to the mouth. I think you have an unrealistic view on ease of victory in the NFL.

That same KC team just beat Minny with only Jones back of those 5.

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Jaire is one of the best press man corners in the NFL being told to play zone, 10 yards off the WR.

Those are my thoughts.

True. But top man guys can usually play zone well, too. But good zone guys can't always play man well.

Having over a full day to process this disappointing loss I've done an 180 on whom to blame. I have to put the loss totally on the offense and coach Lafleur. The defense with all its deficiencies still held the Chargers to 12 points after being on the field the entire 1st half. The offense only had 3 possessions in one half of football which is unacceptable 

The defense did a respectable job going up against a new coordinator not knowing any of his tendencies. The Chargers didn't get in the endzone until the Packer defense was gassed. They scored one on a blocked punt that set them up on a short field.  And one after a penalty that set the Chargers at the one. The only legitimate TD they gave up was the one that Alexander got burned on. This defense played good enough early for the Packers to win after being put in tough positions time after time, the offense didn't uphold their end. You can't expect any good defense to be on the field that long and still play at a high level. Even Chicago's great defense is falling victim to that.

I'm thinking maybe Devante had something to do with this poor performance. When he's on the field seems like Rodgers has tunnel vision. He just focuses on force feeding Devante instead of going with what made them successful when Adams was out and that was spreading the ball around. Anyone find it ironic that the offense is back to being poor with Adam's back?

Definitely a full team loss. No one played well, no one coached well. Bin it, put the spicy back in the playbook.

I dont think we're a good enough squad to play vanilla anything against anyone. Hopefully this proved that and we go full tilt the rest of the way, especially after the bye. Especially especially for the Redskins, I cant sit through another loss in Lambeau.

Edited by HighCalebR

3 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Having over a full day to process this disappointing loss I've done an 180 on whom to blame. I have to put the loss totally on the offense and coach Lafleur. The defense with all its deficiencies still held the Chargers to 12 points after being on the field the entire 1st half. The offense only had 3 possessions in one half of football which is unacceptable 

The defense did a respectable job going up against a new coordinator not knowing any of his tendencies. The Chargers didn't get in the endzone until the Packer defense was gassed. They scored one on a blocked punt that set them up on a short field.  And one after a penalty that set the Chargers at the one. The only legitimate TD they gave up was the one that Alexander got burned on. This defense played good enough early for the Packers to win after being put in tough positions time after time, the offense didn't uphold their end. You can't expect any good defense to be on the field that long and still play at a high level. Even Chicago's great defense is falling victim to that.

I'm thinking maybe Devante had something to do with this poor performance. When he's on the field seems like Rodgers has tunnel vision. He just focuses on force feeding Devante instead of going with what made them successful when Adams was out and that was spreading the ball around. Anyone find it ironic that the offense is back to being poor with Adam's back?

Didn't know Devante played OL? 

The fact that are OT's are still trying to get a hand on Bosa and Ingram, and couldn't block them even a little bit played a much bigger role in what took place then any other factor with the possible exception of the false start penalties putting the Packers out of position for down and distance.

Blaming Rodgers for tunnel vision is done by someone who already had the answer before they started looking for the problem.

BTW- Giving the defense a pass for their performance is truly ridiculous.   They could have put the Chargers in 3 and out and then their would have been more opportunities for the offense to right the ship.   The defense was every bit as bad as the offense on Sunday.    The ST were as bad as the other two groups as well.    There were really no solid group performances in that game.    It's like the players were still at the nightclub instead of at the soccer stadium ready to play a game.

Best to burn the tape and start fresh.  Hopefully that game was a lesson for the team.   What they put on tape Sunday was a complete failure across the board.

• Like 2