Josh Jacobs wins Offensive Rookie of the Month (Again)

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Dudes a stud.

100%. I was super high on the guy too but he's producing quicker than I thought he would. The ONLY thing he lacks is elite speed, but he can certainly get by for many many years without it due to his immense vision and break tackling ability. Hope he continues crushing it and wins OROY.

• Like 1

probably my favorite Raider right now, he handles his biz week and week out. Everything you look for in an elite back minus the breakaway speed. I love the way he finishes runs. Also, its so refreshing to watch a runner find holes and not ram himself into the backs of our OL.

• Like 2

I wanted to wait and try to take him later but I have to admit after what I have seen so far they could have taken him #4 and Ferrell with the 24th and I would be saying it is worth it.  RBs are not highly valued today but he is a stud.  Hope he keeps it up.  Crow is only a side dish on this one.  I am also happy that we finally have a RB that kind find a hole and is under 30 years old.

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Dudes a stud. I was a huge Jacobs supporter during the draft process. I was confident he was gonna be good. He’s been even better then I thought. 

Same and respect. A lot of people in here said he was a 2nd or 3rd round value. That he didn't have "special enough traits" to be a first round pick, etc. And 'Bama backs always bust. Are never as good in the pros, etc.

Jacobs contact balance and vision were elite traits at 'Bama. They've translated. I love Kamara and he was so similar and it's no surprise to see him mentioned atop the list of yard after contact with AK. 

Heres the crazy thing... he's not even scratched the surface. His hands are amazing and Gruden hasn't even leaned on him as a pass catcher yet...

• Like 4

21 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Same and respect. A lot of people in here said he was a 2nd or 3rd round value. That he didn't have "special enough traits" to be a first round pick, etc. And 'Bama backs always bust. Are never as good in the pros, etc.

Jacobs contact balance and vision were elite traits at 'Bama. They've translated. I love Kamara and he was so similar and it's no surprise to see him mentioned atop the list of yard after contact with AK. 

Heres the crazy thing... he's not even scratched the surface. His hands are amazing and Gruden hasn't even leaned on him as a pass catcher yet...

The pass catcher think grinds my gears on a personal note I keep betting Jacobs Catch/yard props thinking he will be featured 👎🏼

2 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

The pass catcher think grinds my gears on a personal note I keep betting Jacobs Catch/yard props thinking he will be featured 👎🏼

In the YouTube video I posted yesterday Gruden went out of his way to mention Jacobs has improved a lot as a pass-catcher. Maybe they'll start utilizing him a bit more as the season goes on. Dude should be getting 5 targets a game no doubt.

23 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

He might be able to notch OROY depending on Murray. Well, 2nd place at least. Everyone knows its Ben Simmons' award to lose.

I think Minshew is the dude right now, but lots of time for Jacobs to make a case, especially with our easier schedule down the road.