Kwon Alexander out for season

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

Elijah Lee to the main roster? That's my guess for the corresponding move. 

This one will really hurt. 

Yep, that was what I was thinking last night. This is a bit of a killer. Not something that can't be overcome, but absolutely not something that mitigated. We lose something here. There is no scheming around it or anything like that. We simply get worse...I just don't know how big the net loss is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Golden opportunity for Greenlaw or Az Al-S to step up and shine. Come on, young fellas!

I'll be happy with either. Greenlaw had a real nose for the football throughout camp/preseason, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's not a big loss in the run game. I mean, that's obviously been the weakness of the defense, so it might even be a small improvement. 

But you can't replace the 2nd best coverage linebacker on the season (in terms of passer rating against). I'm not sure which of the two younger guys are more of a fit for that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Golden opportunity for Greenlaw or Az Al-S to step up and shine. Come on, young fellas!

Yep we all were doom and gloom with this unproven player Emmanuel Moseley having to step in for Spoon. Yet a month later we're now asking if Spoon will get his spot back. I have faith that our DC and vet player will get Greenlaw and others up to speed.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I have a feeling we are going to see Tartt more in the box.

yeah, could be. He does have the rough measurables and skills that Kwon has. 

Trying to find comfort in that we do have some in-house options that could be coached up to survive this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

and use Moore at SS?

If we're thinking along those lines, it's probably better to leave Tartt alone and put Harris as a default WILL, but I think it will just be what we saw last night when the injury happened. Greenlaw came in at WILL.

• Like 1