Make-A-Movie Draft Discussion Thread - Writeups due 12/9

rackcs

Here were some ideas I was thinking of before going with a Mr. Freeze movie:

Coraline sequel - Darren Aronofsky takes over directing duties, but Henry Selick stays to produce and animate. Rest of the cast returns. Coraline is now a teenager and isntead of being a kid-friendly horror movie, it would be a REALLY dark  psychological thriller where Coraline slowly goes insane due to being haunted by events from the first movie (she completely freaks out at the sight of buttons and mice/rats), puberty and family problems. I'd also set it up where it it seems possible that she never left the Other World in the first place.

The Catcher in the Rye -  David Fincher directs, Chandler Riggs stars as Holden Caulfield. Every angsty teenager rejoices.

Scarecrow from Batman - Todd Phillips still directs, not sure who I'd pick to be Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elky said:

Here were some ideas I was thinking of before going with a Mr. Freeze movie:

The Catcher in the Rye -  David Fincher directs, Chandler Riggs stars as Holden Caulfield. Every angsty teenager rejoices.

Obviously this is for fun so it wouldn't matter, but I believe this adaptation is untouchable in real life correct?

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Obviously this is for fun so it wouldn't matter, but I believe this adaptation is untouchable in real life correct?

Mainly because of J.D. Salinger's estate. The man HATED the idea of adaptations of any of his works.

• Like 2

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I meant more of what @Elky was getting at. I thought I had read that somewhere sometime. 

I thought you meant just the adaptation of such a classic was sure to draw a lot of criticism regardless.....

i was unaware that it was literally untouchable. 

1 minute ago, Dome said:

I thought you meant just the adaptation of such a classic was sure to draw a lot of criticism regardless.....

i was unaware that it was literally untouchable. 

Backlash is probably another reason why no one would want to bother; I don't think Riggs would want to spend the rest of his life being known as the guy who failed at playing Holden Caulfield.

Scratch everything I said about the plot.  I forgot about my own idea for a The Thing equel.  It is going to be a choose your own plot for the ACTORS.  The actors will have certain decisions to make throughout the movie.  Their decisions effect their fate.  There will be multiple possible movies, and they will all be filmed and have alternate versions.  There will be a version where Hardy dies early, also one where he could make it to the end.  

The official title is:

Things

• Like 1

Just now, Daniel said:

Another good pick.  I thought about Fassbender for a role or two in mine, but he's not really right for any of them.  Great actor though.

I thought he was the perfect guy to portray someone who is so serious its hysterical. Plus, I wanted a second movie on his resume where you dont see his face. 

2 hours ago, Dome said:

you got dicaprio... i'm sure you'll think of something. 

Yeah, I could scrap my movie plan and come up with something good...

Or just make my original one and see how it turns out.  Personally, I really like my initial move idea.  Not sure how you all will receive it though.  

I think Leo has the Krazy in him to pull off the character he will be playing. The rest of the cast (who the hell knows lol). 

19 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Yeah, I could scrap my movie plan and come up with something good...

Or just make my original one and see how it turns out.  Personally, I really like my initial move idea.  Not sure how you all will receive it though.  

I think Leo has the Krazy in him to pull off the character he will be playing. The rest of the cast (who the hell knows lol). 

teasing a krazy horse bennett biopic? that'd be film of the century 

• Like 1