GDT Week 10: Packers vs. Panthers (Martinez on an Island Edition)

AlexGreen#20

41 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Lewan is likely an All-Pro this year.

Meanwhile Gary got shutout by the Sam Tevi

Good to see the Twitter guys have already developed an inferiority complex about Gary.

? I'm not seeing it. Rather, it looks like a single comment by a guy with an informed opinion.

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

According to Titans fans, Lewan along with their entire OL has been mediocre and the weakness of their team this season.

If I wasn't pushing the message, most packer fans would be saying that Bulaga is washed. Most fan opinions of the offensive line is worthless. The Titans offense sucks for a bunch of reasons none of which are Lewan.

• Like 1

from Ben Fennell via The Athletic

Goodson’s time to shine ?

With the run-heavy Panthers coming to Green Bay this week, I’m envisioning Pettine relying on a heavier front seven group to stop Christian McCaffrey.

I expect Goodson to play more vs. the Panthers. He is a downhill run plugger that plays with a physical presence at the point of attack and is aggressive in chasing ball carriers sideline to sideline. Goodson doesn’t offer much upside in coverage being nearly 250 pounds.

https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uploads/2019/11/05212516/6-GB-GOODSON_1-1.mp4

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

from Ben Fennell via The Athletic

Goodson’s time to shine ?

With Anthony Lynn criticizing his running game earlier this week, I’m envisioning Pettine relying on a heavier front seven group to stop Melvin Gordon and Austin Ekeler.

I expect Goodson to play well vs. the Chargers. He is a downhill run plugger that plays with a physical presence at the point of attack and is aggressive in chasing ball carriers sideline to sideline. Goodson doesn’t offer much upside in coverage being nearly 250 pounds.

https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uploads/2019/11/05212516/6-GB-GOODSON_1-1.mp4

This is what was basically thought last week.

...I expect it to continue this week...

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If I wasn't pushing the message, most packer fans would be saying that Bulaga is washed. Most fan opinions of the offensive line is worthless. The Titans offense sucks for a bunch of reasons none of which are Lewan.

I think even most “respectable” media takes on OL are based more on body of work than current play, aside from the teams in that journalist’s local area of coverage. All-pro voting often seems to lag behind performance by a year or so for OL play. I think most media types just aren’t able to watch enough film to be able to focus on more than a single game’s worth of snaps while focusing on each of the 150 starting OL in the league

• Like 1

from Field Yates tweeter:

Most sacks amongst teammates this season:

1. Za’Darius Smith & Preston Smith: 16.5
2. Chandler Jones & Terrell Suggs: 14.5
3. Danielle Hunter & Everson Griffen: 14 4.
4. Myles Garrett & Larry Ogunjobi: 14
T-5. Shaq Barrett & Carl Nassib: 13.5
T-5. TJ Watt & Bud Dupree: 13.5