GDT Week 10: Packers vs. Panthers (Martinez on an Island Edition)

AlexGreen#20

Who: Packers and Panthers

Image result for packers logo vs Image result for panthers logo

What: NFL Game

Image result for nfl logo

When: Sunday (11/10) at 3:30 CST

Image result for packers schedule

Where: Lambeau Field

Image result for lambeau field

Why: We're all just cashing checks

+++

We're at home, so theoretically we should win this. 

The game is probably going to come down to whether or not we can stop McCaffrey from putting up 200 yards. If Pettine isn't willing to put more bodies in the box, we're going to get rolled. 

• Like 2

Ben Fennell:  Packers need to stop the run. They need to play heavier.

Against the Chargers...the light front 7 got chewed up.

1 ILB: 27 carries, 146 yards (5.41 average)
2 ILB: 11 carries, 13 yards (1.18 average)

This week, we'll see more BJ Goodson.

• Jason Wilde: Those are some jarring numbers. So how do they defend McCaffrey? He has 165 carries for 881 yards and 10 TDs, but he also has 42 catches for 363 yards and three more TDs. Pick your poison?
Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

lasv9joexazrjibgh5sc.jpg

It will be the Packers’ only home game over a 48-day period from Oct. 21- Dec. 7. The last time the Packers had only one game at Lambeau Field over a stretch of 48-plus days was in 2010, which was also one home contest over a 48-day period (Nov. 8-Dec. 25).

Four of the last five matchups between the two teams have been decided by eight points or less

The Packers are 9-6 overall against Carolina, with wins in six of the last 10 (including playoffs)
Green Bay is 4-2 at home against the Panthers (including playoffs) including a win in the last matchup at Lambeau in 2014.
The Packers have scored 30-plus points in five of the six home games against the Panthers.

QB Aaron Rodgers has started five games against the Panthers in his career and has averaged 304.0 passing yards per game with 15 passing touchdowns, five interceptions and a passer rating of 102.5. He has thrown three-plus passing TDs in four of the five contests

Green Bay has started the season with at least seven wins in its first nine games for the first time since starting 9-0 in 2011
The Packers are 4-1 at home this season and are one of four NFL teams (New England, Minnesota and New Orleans - 4-0) to have four home wins this season

uhxcrmg1bowav09r7rad

McCaffrey should have a dedicated spy all game long, I don't know if I've ever seen a player that was as many tiers above the next best player on his offense. Like Moore is a nice WR, he'd be a #2 here, but he shouldn't scare anyone. Savage should be in the box with his lone responsibility being McCaffrey. Like you'd spy Mike Vick or Lamar or prime Cam, his job is to do nothing but cover McCaffrey.

But Pettine will probably leave that up to Amos and Martinez as we give up 27 points.

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

McCaffrey should have a dedicated spy all game long, I don't know if I've ever seen a player that was as many tiers above the next best player on his offense. Like Moore is a nice WR, he'd be a #2 here, but he shouldn't scare anyone. Savage should be in the box with his lone responsibility being McCaffrey. Like you'd spy Mike Vick or Lamar or prime Cam, his job is to do nothing but cover McCaffrey.

But Pettine will probably leave that up to Amos and Martinez as we give up 27 points.

I think you are underselling Moore.  sure he would be a #2 here, but you are also talking about being the #2 WR to a top 5ish WR.  Moore put up a really strong rookie season with Cam Newton "throwing" to him.  

That CAR offense with CMC, Moore, Samuel, Olsen is on par with weapons compared to what GB has in Adams, Jones, MVS/Graham/Williams/Allison/Lazard.  Each teams top 2 are probably a wash, but there 3rd and 4th is superior to GB.   The difference is certainly Rodgers vs Kyle Allen

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

McCaffrey should have a dedicated spy all game long, I don't know if I've ever seen a player that was as many tiers above the next best player on his offense. Like Moore is a nice WR, he'd be a #2 here, but he shouldn't scare anyone. Savage should be in the box with his lone responsibility being McCaffrey. Like you'd spy Mike Vick or Lamar or prime Cam, his job is to do nothing but cover McCaffrey. But Pettine will probably leave that up to Amos and Martinez as we give up 27 points.

Scary thought: I was thinking the exact same thing and the exact same guy - only wondered if Savage would be stout enough in the tackling department.

Speed - yes. Tackling???  McCaffrey may look (and be) a small guy -- but I bet he has real good "yards after contact" stats.

ESPN:   The Carolina defense has yielded 25.5 points per game.

Although the Panthers rank among the league leaders in sacks and forced turnovers, they still are 21st in points surrendered per game. That could be costly facing some of the league's top offenses -- Seattle, New Orleans twice, Green Bay -- down the stretch. Sunday's 30-20 win against the Titans easily could have been a one-score game at the end were it not for three missed field goals, so the defense needs to find a way to finish off teams.

I don't think it should be Goodson with Martinez at ILB. It should be Burks. Burks should also run with McCaffrey out of the backfield with safety help over the top. He's their weapon. You do a Bellicheck and you take him out of the game. It's really that simple. 

I'd like to see a lot more base defense with 3-4 personnel too. Put King and Alexander on an island for the most part and let them try and beat us over the top. I don't think they can.