Your Plan for the O-line

theJ

1 minute ago, johndeere1707 said:

Cedric if you are reading this... YOU SUCK

Sorry that the Bengals drafted you and put you in this position.

Remember guys, Cedric Ogbeuhi was a top 5 talent that year pre injury even though he never did well at tackle in college. Measureables trump production i guess

and to think we could have had Landon Collins or my personal favorite at the time Shaq Thompson instead of him...oh and kept Whit to hold down the left side 

4 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

and to think we could have had Landon Collins or my personal favorite at the time Shaq Thompson instead of him...oh and kept Whit to hold down the left side 

Eh i think whit was gone either way.  Remember the Bengals offered him a deal, but he took the deal with the Rams because they offered more years and more money.

Just now, theJ said:

Eh i think whit was gone either way.  Remember the Bengals offered him a deal, but he took the deal with the Rams because they offered more years and more money.

Yes, but part of that was because they were delusional and thought Ced could do the job. If he wasnt around, they would be forced to offer more.....so I would think

While Ced has been bad he was at least some kind of a plan. Considered the best Tackle when he came out when they knew they might be losing Whit soon (because he's not worth the money I guess. How's that working out.) Total bust so far but at least a half hearted plan...

Bodine on the other hand, a fourth round pick was the plan for starting center going on three or four years now with not even a prayer for a backup plan. Best thing that could've happened for the center position was if he got hurt, as horrible as that is.

Too little too late to do anything during the season. The Bengals have never been one of those teams who all of a sudden decide to sign a veteran or two during the season to end up starting. Infact, yesterday it appears Andre Smith didn't even play a single snap, which shows you this team has no guts to make a change. This is group is a sinking ship, they made there bed and now they have to sleep in it for the rest of the year.

Next year, they need to draft two new OT's and a C with there top 3 picks. Boling should stay of course, and I think Westerman deserves a shot at RG, if they end up ever letting him play. I would much rather they end up signing a good player to start at LT or C, but we all that will never happen, and instead they will sign a cheap starter who's mediocre at best.

Right now if they don't draft an OT in the 1st round, then I'm gonna be pissed.

Don't know how it took me this long to find this thread, but here goes.

For the long term, they need to throw all their top draft capitol at o linemen.  Grab a tackle in the first, a center at the top of the second, and try to maneuver for another top RT.

For LT, I hope we pull it together enough to land a guy outside there top 10 like McGlinthey (Notre dame) and Mason Cole, the center from Michigan in the second.  If Orlando Brown slid a bit, I'd consider trading the rest of the draft, and I mean that, to grab him in the mid to late first.  I'd try not to use the second rounder, but that would include two third rounders (Zeitler comp), a fourth,  two fifths (Whitworth), two sixths (Benewikere trade) and a seventh.  Assuming McCarron gets the RFA second round tender, I pray he gets signed.  That's more than enough ammo to make a move for three new starters.  if Westerman and Redmond aren't the answers, I'd grab a guard in there as well if possible.

As for this year, John Deere beat me to it here, but I posted it over on Cincy Jungle, to mixed responses.  I'd bench Oggy Ben doggie.  Then bench Bodine.  And move pieces around.

At LT, I'm putting Boling.  I trust him to stay healthier and actually play harder than Andre Smith.  I won't be fooled again with him.  At the newly vacated LG spot I put Westerman.  It's time to see the kid play.  At center, it's TJ Johnson.  I'd leave Hopkins where he is, but with the injury, I'd slide either Redmond there or decide how to deploy the Fisher/Smith combo at RG/RT.  Either way, we are screwed with Fish and T!ts on that side, so make a decision and roll with it.

Watching Elflein tonight is just another reminder that our coaching staff has a huge blind spot for this atrocity of an o line. The Vikes traded up in the 2nd to get Cook and then traded up in the third to get Elflein. While DE and RB were big needs for us Bodine's replacement was a must this last draft.

Archived