Week #11 GDT Steelers at Browns Backyard Brawl Pt. 1

Steeler Hitman

17 minutes ago, August4th said:

don't feel so bad about our lose after seeing some of these scores right now

Panthers getting smoked by the falcons, Vikings down double digits to Denver and Texans looking sorry against the Ravens

a win could have helped us a bit anyways in the playoff picture, but it never went that way.  I see Balt and NE at the top seeds, unless major injuries occur. 

Baltimore pretty much has a lock on the division with us losing to Cleveland. So that scenario is out.

Itll be the 2nd year in a row our failure to win games cost us a shot at the division. Honestly for people who think it wouldve been much different with Ben, did you see the results of last season? Our offense has gotten worse each game since Fichtner became the OC.

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Baltimore pretty much has a lock on the division with us losing to Cleveland. So that scenario is out.

Itll be the 2nd year in a row our failure to win games cost us a shot at the division. Honestly for people who think it wouldve been much different with Ben, did you see the results of last season? Our offense has gotten worse each game since Fichtner became the OC.

that's the point, seeing past the ben smokescreen is important, because they didn't make the playoffs last year with him AB , healthy Connor and Munchak!  I just saw Pouncey has a 45 PFF rating, that has to be the worst in the league!  It's telling about a player if they change that much in less than a season after a positional coach leaves.

Fichner is sabotaging this team, simple as that, and the OL isn't far behind. For a veteran unit with 3 probowlers  that was top tier last year (and for a few years) , I can't believe how they have regressed right from the beginning of this season actually.  I never expected it to be this steep of a drop-off,  I mean cliff kellerman are you watching:D . I don't recall disliking an assistant as much as fichner right now, he is the worst for me anyways.  Haslet was annoying, but fichner is in a league of his own

11 hours ago, 3rivers said:

that's the point, seeing past the ben smokescreen is important, because they didn't make the playoffs last year with him AB , healthy Connor and Munchak!  I just saw Pouncey has a 45 PFF rating, that has to be the worst in the league!  It's telling about a player if they change that much in less than a season after a positional coach leaves.

Fichner is sabotaging this team, simple as that, and the OL isn't far behind. For a veteran unit with 3 probowlers  that was top tier last year (and for a few years) , I can't believe how they have regressed right from the beginning of this season actually.  I never expected it to be this steep of a drop-off,  I mean cliff kellerman are you watching:D . I don't recall disliking an assistant as much as fichner right now, he is the worst for me anyways.  Haslet was annoying, but fichner is in a league of his own

Since the Steelers don’t ever like to make changes and typically hangs on to awful (assistant) coaches for far too long, do you think the Steelers will actually make a move at OC at the conclusion of the season? I certainly hope they make a move, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they retain Fichtner for another season.

38 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think fichtner and Ben are tied together

Randy will be gone when ben retires

I agree with this. Randy wasnt hired because he was some sort of offensive guru or even next in line -- he was hired because Ben didnt want another Haley who would tell him what to do. 

My hopes are that, looking from the outside in this year, Ben would see the struggles with concept, personnel, and gameplanning/flow, and say ya know what....Randy isnt it and be open to having someone come help him out. Maybe someone like Mike McCarthy appeals to Ben? Who knows. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wwhickok said:

If Ben was healthy, with this defense, the team is 7-3 or 8-2...no question about it in my mind.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Regulators87 said:

Since the Steelers don’t ever like to make changes and typically hangs on to awful (assistant) coaches for far too long, do you think the Steelers will actually make a move at OC at the conclusion of the season? I certainly hope they make a move, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they retain Fichtner for another season.

ben handpicked fichner, so as long as ben is here, that's the final word with colbert running the team. Until otherwise , just expect that fichner will be here no matter what we all think. Steelers have patience with coaches, never ones to fire people asap like some teams. 

btw, I noticed you are new, welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy this, and btw, how did you find the forum?

7 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I agree with this. Randy wasnt hired because he was some sort of offensive guru or even next in line -- he was hired because Ben didnt want another Haley who would tell him what to do. 

100% agree.  ben says who coaches him, interesting

4 hours ago, Lambert44 said:

Who knows, if we had a back up similar to Fitzpatrick,Bridgewater or Tannehill we would be 7 - 3 or 6 -4....

Duck should get a chance, the team was so much better with him at QB  but Connor was healthy then as well.  The play calling seemed better in that game for some reason.  Maybe Duck is as good or better than these aforementioned QB's, but Bridgewater had a great season 

On 11/18/2019 at 6:44 PM, 3rivers said:

btw, I noticed you are new, welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy this, and btw, how did you find the forum?

I have followed this forum since 2009, but just finally decided to join a few months ago. I’d enjoyed the insight for the drafts that was provided, and I also like to get a pulse on the thinking of management, coaches, and players. 

On 2019-11-18 at 12:41 PM, AlanFanecaFan said:

If Ben was healthy, with this defense, the team is 7-3 or 8-2...no question about it in my mind.

have you watched Ben play in september over the last 5 seasons?

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Would anybody know how I could see a replay of the opening kickoff? Didn't Ola light somebody up and cause a fumble? I missed the first 15 real minutes of the game and the highlight video doesn't show it.

the game might eventually be on youtube, wait a few weeks