This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Trust me, I wish I had at least one. Old lady says no

I’d rather be an incel than be with someone who wouldn’t let me get a dog.  I will never go a day for the rest of my life without having a dog.  Here’s what you do:

Go down and get yourself a dog.  When she comes back, you say, “We have a dog now.”

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I’d rather be an incel than be with someone who wouldn’t let me get a dog.  I will never go a day for the rest of my life without having a dog.  Here’s what you do:

Go down and get yourself a dog.  When she comes back, you say, “We have a dog now.”

Yeah I have thought about this. We just bought a house last year and she's so worried it'll tear it down or something. I'm like we don't need a giant dog or anything. She likes dogs, just worried about that stuff

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah I have thought about this. We just bought a house last year and she's so worried it'll tear it down or something. I'm like we don't need a giant dog or anything. She likes dogs, just worried about that stuff

I just got a puppy last June.  She’s chewed up her fair share of stuff.  But it’s like... Who gives a ****?  Yeah she peed in the house and pooped in the house while I was training her, but she hasn’t done it for like 5 months now.  Just get a kennel and kennel train her until she’s potty trained.  Just do it.  There’s a dog at a shelter that needs you right now.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Norm said:

Trust me, I wish I had at least one. Old lady says no

If a pet fits your lifestyles (note its plural) and is manageable/workable given your home and property - sell her on it.
Research a breed and sell her on it.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

If a pet fits your lifestyles (note its plural) and is manageable/workable given your home and property - sell her on it.
Research a breed and sell her on it.

I get home from work at 5:15 and she goes in at 3pm. I keep trying to sell her on that. It'll almost never be home by itself unless we're out doing something. No go, yet.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I get home from work at 5:15 and she goes in at 3pm. I keep trying to sell her on that. It'll almost never be home by itself unless we're out doing something. No go, yet.

Research a breed - even if you'd decide on a rescue dog - make an informed decision.

20 minutes ago, Norm said:

Those are actually ideal hours for getting a puppy, or a more mature dog from the pound.  Let me know when and if you do and I'll PM you some sweet tips that helped us get through the first few weeks/month rather painlessly. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Norm said:

Lolol

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Good god Norm ... 1st the bar thing and now a doggie thing?  Grow a frickin pair!!  Just do it.

It's wrong - for the animal - to be brought into a situation where 50% of those its living with who's entrusted with its care are against its presence. Thats just not smart on a whole range of reasons  -  but mostly for the animal.

Other considerations such as size, sex (puppies?) maintenance (hair? shedding?) inside versus outside, budget....all factor into a decision such as this.  

Stupid people are those that just "go get the pet" then wind up putting the animal on the street (or turning it in to the local ASCPA) once its realized it doesnt conform to their lifestyle or needs.

I encountered just such a person last year......
I'd captured and domesticated four feral cat kittens and over course of weeks turned them into terrific "pets to be" - the first one was given away to a woman who professed to love the animal and wanted it badly. Turns out - she shouldnt have wanted the animal at all (IMO) and within two week had put the kitten on the street.

A pet is a long term decision and an informed decision protects the animals interests.