This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

12 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

But we generally capitalize positions: QB, RB, DE, ILB ect.

Oh I get that. It just looks silly to me.  It's a word. When people talked about 3 techniquies, they did 3T or 3 tech, not 3TECH

I have few stupid pet peeves, but I cannot stand this one. My browser on my PC has an extension that changes all caps EDGE into Edge lol

11 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Can we stop saying EDGE?  What is it?  It's not an abbreviation.  It's not an acronym, it's not initials, so why is it all capitalized?  I don't like it.  If we have to capitalize an actual word, can't we change it to END?  Or why don't we just start using E? 

And this whole STAR thing doesn't work for me either.  Let's just go NB. 

CB = Cornerback
NB = Nickle back
E = Defensive end, 3-4 OLB, pass rusher, etc.
DL = Defensive lineman
S = Safety (FS/SS if necessary)

F'real though. 

QB
RB
WR
TE
T
G
C
K
P
LS
CB
SS
FS
DE
DL
LB
OLB
EDGE

There's no reason one position should take four letters. 

Disagree on the Nickel Back change for the reason that "Nickel Back" refers to the 5th DB that comes in. Historically the "Nickel Back" was almost always the slot CB. It was so prevalent that those terms became interchangeable.

Damarious Randall is our Slot CB. He is not however, the "Nickel Back". In base looks, Randall plays on the edge rather than being on the bench. 

"Star" is an internal label given to the Slot DB in most schemes (And I believe the Packers internal scheme). Much in the way that "Knight" is typically the "non Mike" Inside Linebacker role. However, we don't call Josh Jones/Jake Ryan's position Knight. We just call it ILB.

+++

Until somebody comes up with a better term for Edge, I'm going to vote to keep it. 

I've heard PR "Perimeter Rusher" thrown out, but then PR has double usage with "Punt Returner".

Edited by AlexGreen#20

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Disagree on the Nickel Back change for the reason that "Nickel Back" refers to the 5th DB that comes in. Historically the "Nickel Back" was almost always the slot CB. It was so prevalent that those terms became interchangeable.

Damarious Randall is our Slot CB. He is not however, the "Nickel Back". In base looks, Randall plays on the edge rather than being on the bench. 

"Star" is an internal label given to the Slot DB in most schemes (And I believe the Packers internal scheme). Much in the way that "Knight" is typically the "non Mike" Inside Linebacker role. However, we don't call Josh Jones/Jake Ryan's position Knight. We just call it ILB.

Stop.  I know all that, and I know all that pretty much thanks to you.  I just don't like 4 letter words denoting football positions.  I don't like it.  I just don't like it. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Stop.  I know all that, and I know all that pretty much thanks to you.  I just don't like 4 letter words denoting football positions.  I don't like it.  I just don't like it. 

I'm in agreement with you. You caught me before my edit.

I've seen PR (Perimeter Rusher) used. Though I don't like that because PR is already used for Punt Returner.

If I was going to make a change, I would change it to ER "Edge Rusher"

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm in agreement with you. You caught me before my edit.

I've seen PR (Perimeter Rusher) used. Though I don't like that because PR is already used for Punt Returner.

If I was going to make a change, I would change it to ER "Edge Rusher"

Thoughts?

I'm 100% okay with ER. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

+++

Until somebody comes up with a better term for Edge, I'm going to vote to keep it. 

I've heard PR "Perimeter Rusher" thrown out, but then PR has double usage with "Punt Returner".

tenor.gif?itemid=4652589

Edited by NormSizedMidget

7 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Oh I get that. It just looks silly to me.  It's a word. When people talked about 3 techniquies, they did 3T or 3 tech, not 3TECH

I have few stupid pet peeves, but I cannot stand this one. My browser on my PC has an extension that changes all caps EDGE into Edge lol

EdGE

-----------------------------

Given our injury history I don't want to see ER used anywhere on this forum tbh

Edited by Cakeshoppe
  • Like 1