The Myles Garrett incident

Webmaster

Precedents already been set for helmet stomp with Albert Haynsworth.  I think Pouncy get 5 games. 

Rudolph, whatever.... fine him if you have too

Now Garrett, that craps unprecedented, unwarranted, and disgusting. league needs to be extremely heavy handed.  Thinking Indefinite suspension coming (ultimately out till around this time next year).

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

Yep. I think fining Decastro in this situation sends a bad message to the league. He reacted exactly how you would want a player to react in that situation. Tried his best to corral the situation with a simple take down and pin.

Idk maybe this is a reach but when I saw that I felt like maybe he was trying to protect Garrett from what he knew was about to happen 

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I havent gotten to this point in this thread but I agree.

I suggested a 22 game suspension which would be the rest of this season and all of next season.

At what point can criminal charges be pursued. I haven’t followed this thread but it would seem if Garrett is using a helmet to assault someone, he should be in bigger trouble than just a suspension.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So you think this was an action Garrett thought about and realized his coach would be cool with it, but that if another dude was coaching he wouldn’t?  

Lol ok.

I’m not sure why people feel the need to blame some other dude for the actions of a grown man.

Is that what I said? I said the whole team is undisciplined. Not making this just an isolated issue. Obviously Garrett has his own issues. 

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I wanna say, which someone basically already did. I highly respect the Browns fans that came in here and left their Jerseys "in their car" and were honest about this situation. I appreciate that as a sports fan

Look, any Browns fan who can’t see what Garrett did is wrong is an idiot or homer, but some of the takes on the other side are just as bad.

Banning for life, this year and next year, etc.

Haynesworth cleated a guy in the face without a helmet and was given 5.  I believe that’s the longest suspension for something similar to this.  There’s your precedent.  The rest of the year is a 20% increase over that.

I’m all for being unbiased, but that coin has 2 sides.

1 minute ago, 101Raider said:

Precedents already been set for helmet stomp with Albert Haynsworth.  I think Pouncy get 5 games. 

Rudolph, whatever.... fine him if you have too

Now Garrett, that craps unprecedented, unwarranted, and disgusting. league needs to be extremely heavy handed.  Thinking Indefinite suspension coming (ultimately out till around this time next year).

I've been kind of surprised at how many media outlets have been calling for him to be done completely 

Just now, vikingsrule said:

At what point can criminal charges be pursued. I haven’t followed this thread but it would seem if Garrett is using a helmet to assault someone, he shouldn’t in bigger trouble than just a suspension.

I honestly think, and this has been said across a few threads, that criminal charges probably wouldn't stick, given that in real-life circumstances it could easily be argued that he was defending himself. 

• Like 1

Just now, vikingsrule said:

At what point can criminal charges be pursued. I haven’t followed this thread but it would seem if Garrett is using a helmet to assault someone, he shouldn’t in bigger trouble than just a suspension.

Idk y, but reportedly the Cleveland Police were in the Browns locker room last night. 

Criminal charges based on what happened could be pressed by Rudolph if he chose to go that route. Its Aggravated Assault.

The only way Garrett could lessen his suspension here would be to try and spin the narrative that Mason called him a racial term. And that is what escalated the helmet swing. Then the social justice warriors would rush to defend Garrett and his suspension wouldn’t be as long. Now this would be immoral but so was last night. 

Just now, Counselor said:

The only way Garrett could lessen his suspension here would be to try and spin the narrative that Mason called him a racial term. And that is what escalated the helmet swing. Then the social justice warriors would rush to defend Garrett and his suspension wouldn’t be as long. Now this would be immoral but so was last night. 

Who made this guy a mod?

• Like 4