The Myles Garrett incident

Webmaster

2 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Sure, it would have been the same here too. But the other three would have also been arrested. And he would get off.

I think it's easy, and would be easy, for Mason to react and press charges last night. Maybe he did and maybe he didnt. No idea. When emotions settle I doubt he'd walk that path. The league will deal with this. No one is out to ruin someone's life here. Deserving or not. Idk if that's why the police were in the locker room. Maybe they were just providing security or making sure everyone calmed down. Might never know.. I dont want to see Garrett's life ruined. But as a player, a standard obviously has to be set here.

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Consider this: A standard, 10 gallon bucket of Gatorade weights more than 80 pounds. Every game in the NFL, completely unsuspecting coaches are blindsided with 80 pounds right in the back of the head. 

ATTEMPTED MURDER.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 11

16 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

I honestly think, and this has been said across a few threads, that criminal charges probably wouldn't stick, given that in real-life circumstances it could easily be argued that he was defending himself. 

Not even close given that 

A. The choppiness that was going on before the swing happens all the time  in the NFL and players never get hurt during it and 

B. He instigated all of it.

Holy crap, the overreaction to this is awesome. Listen, he is going to get a suspension and a hefty one at that. Well earned. This nonsense about criminal charges, etc. it’s just talk and this will blow over whenever he eventually comes back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Is that Joey Porter in your profile picture? The same guy that was unanimously felt to be one of the most dirty players in the NFL for a long period of time?

I’m not endorsing what Garrett did, but it’s interesting you are taking such a moral high ground on this with him as your player of choice. 

Yeah definitely Devin Bush but fair question/comments. I'm not about to start defending Porter, believe that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Consider this: A standard, 10 gallon bucket of Gatorade weights more than 80 pounds. Every game in the NFL, completely unsuspecting coaches are blindsides with 80 pounds right in the back of the head. 

ATTEMPTED MURDER.

Come on man what kind of bogus logic is this!!!!

It doesn’t happen every game...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

This is a dumb tweet. 

A Great Dane weighs over 100 lbs 

A largemouth bass weighs over 5 lbs 

A pinup girl poster weighs 2 ounces 

A Toyota Corolla weighs over a ton!

WHERE DOES THE MADNESS STOP!!!   

2 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Not even close given that 

A. The choppiness that was going on before the swing happens all the time  in the NFL and players never get hurt during it and 

B. He instigated all of it.

Your law is derived fro ours, but I appreciate they are not the same. But over here there is no way someone gets prosecuted for any of that. Offsetting crimes.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

This is a dumb tweet. 

A Great Dane weighs over 100 lbs 

A largemouth bass weighs over 5 lbs 

A pinup girl poster weighs 2 ounces 

A Toyota Corolla weighs over a ton!

WHERE DOES THE MADNESS STOP!!!   

Myles Garrett had enough material in that helmet to make hundreds of plastic bullets.

He’s pretty much a terrorist at this point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Holy crap, the overreaction to this is awesome. Listen, he is going to get a suspension and a hefty one at that. Well earned. This nonsense about criminal charges, etc. it’s just talk and this will blow over whenever he eventually comes back.

It's my hope that when he comes back, he plays with less violence in terms of stuff like this.

We here guys referred to as a 'violent defender' in a good way and that's one thing. And then you have true violence..which we just cant have.

Someone brought this up early. I personally really like the UFC but we know going in what it is. I don't have any interest in seeing an MMA fight in Baseball, Basketball, Football, etc. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Come on man what kind of bogus logic is this!!!!

It doesn’t happen every game...

My bad.

If Myles was really interested in player safety, he should have stabbed him with a kitchen knife (0.5 pounds or so), which, according to my sabermetrics, would have been more than 12 times safer than hitting him with a 6 pound helmet.