WEEK 12 GDT: BROWNS VS DOLPHINS (A WINNING STREAK?!?!!??)

zelbell

WHO WINS  

24 members have voted

1. 1. WHO WINS

• HORNBYBROWN
    • EZ MONEY
    • BROWNS
    • DOLPHINS
    • AMERICA
    • FREAKY DEEKY

41 minutes ago, DawgX said:

If we lose to Miami, I think I'll officially join the "Fire Freddie" bandwagon.

Despite being without our best player and another important player in Ogunjobi, we have no excuse to lose this game, especially at home.

With the way we started the year this is pretty much where I’m at the rest of the way.  Freddie has very little wiggle room.

Win out and I’ll be impressed.  Easy second half of the schedule or not, that would be something.

Lose to the Ravens and I can live with that.  It’s hard to sweep a team, especially one as good as they are.

Lose two and that’s pretty much my limit.

Lose 3 and it’s time to start looking at who else may be available.

• Like 1

If we finish 8-8 or better, I'm firmly in the "Hey, I'm intrigued, we have a better record than last year, and Mayfield looked good down the stretch after an awful start. Don't blow it up, Freddie was a first year coach" camp.

If we lay an egg against Cinci in either of two opportunities, Arizona, or Miami, and lose to either Pittsburgh (not an easy game) or Baltimore, would anyone really be unhappy? We'd get a sweep against one of those two teams and a split with the other. That's a solid season and certainly the best we've seen in YEARS.

JMHO

With David Njoku returning, there isn't a team in the NFL with a better collection of offensive skill players even considering Njoku's inconsistency.

Nick Chubb

Kareem Hunt

Odell Beckham Jr.

Jarvis Landry

David Njoku

Truthfully, we absolutely should and need to win 7 straight total and should be dominant in wins against Bengals x2, Dolphins, Steelers, and Cardinals.  And honestly we have the skill players and good enough QB to where we shouldn't even lose to the Ravens even if it's an outscoring duel where our defense struggles.

Just now, Mind Character said:

With David Njoku returning, there isn't a team in the NFL with a better collection of offensive skill players even considering Njoku's inconsistency.

Nick Chubb

Kareem Hunt

Odell Beckham Jr.

Jarvis Landry

David Njoku

Truthfully, we absolutely should and need to win 7 straight total and should be dominant in wins against Bengals x2, Dolphins, Steelers, and Cardinals.  And honestly we have the skill players and good enough QB to where we shouldn't even lose to the Ravens even if it's an outscoring duel where our defense struggles.

I think you’re underestimating both the Ravens as well as how hard it is to sweep divisional opponents.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m assuming he’s ready for the game?

Still a week away. He's been designated for return, but there's the next step of actually activating the player. We'll see him Steelers game.

Designated players most often come back the Wednesday prior so they can get some reps then the team can evaluate how they've responded to their return physically/mentally. Subsequently, they then have a full week of practice the following week to get ready for actual game and contact.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think you’re underestimating both the Ravens as well as how hard it is to sweep divisional opponents.

Two separate points in there (there's a lot of truth to what you say):

1.) A near divisional sweep or total divisional sweep is not the same as a near divisional sweep or total divisional sweep. It's only as difficult as that year's context of divisional team quality makes it. Sweeping the Steelers is not hard to do given their offense and our roster. Sweeping the Bengals is not hard to do given their entire team. Sweeping the Ravens given their team and our roster is hard to do.

2.) Sweeping against a division with 3 other quality teams is different than sweeping a division with 2 quality teams and 1 over-matched team ... is different from sweeping a division with 1 other quality team and 2 over-matched teams. Differentiating between "sweep quality" context that's missed in the sweep statistics; however, as a general rule sweeps impress us as sports fans because generally speaking it's hard to do for the reason that it's rare to be in a division with many bad/overmatched teams.

3.)  The Patriots are one team where it has happened often as in the AFC East that have had the benefit of playing against overmatched franchises and teams to the tune of Buffalo, Jets, and Dolphins with rookie QB, coach, and bad QB on repeat.

4.) I've watched every Ravens game. They are a good and tough team with dynamic play-makers. But they have so many hidden holes and deficiencies. My point about us beating them is more about going down the starters man to man and giving us the talent advantage. Now, we all know coaching makes a difference and position synergy makes a difference but when I say "we should beat the ravens given our talent" I'm not saying it should be easy.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Nick Chubb

Kareem Hunt

Odell Beckham Jr.

Jarvis Landry

David Njoku

Im expecting to losee to the steelers in a screw job.

• Like 1