Teams with different starting QB in 2020?

DoleINGout

On 11/21/2019 at 2:05 PM, Daniel said:

If I had to put money on what happens in Tennessee: they re-sign Tannehill to a two or three year contract after this season (depending on how strongly he finishes) and draft a rookie this season.  Fromm would be a good fit for the offense they seem to want, but Tua is a real possibility now too.  They'll sit behind Tanny until they believe they're ready to start.

Also depending on how strongly he finishes, they may not spend their first round pick on a QB, and instead grab someone in the second, so there's not as much pressure to turn them into a starter.  However, just based on how JRob does things, and how teams looking for QBs typically do things, I'd bet they wait til next year or trade down in the first rather than wait til the second or later.

To me, Tannehill is a mediocre QB, not a franchise guy, and the Titans believe they can win with mediocre QB play.  With this defense, they're right, but the jury is still out on how much they can win without better play from a QB.

2017 Vikings is the absolute height of this formula. While Tannehill has been a pleasent surprise its still not good enough.

• 3 weeks later...

So just for fun, lets say Tom Brady or the Patriots decide to move on from each other after this season, where does Tom Brady sign (Assuming he wants to keep playing)?

Chargers: They have talent, they always have a ton of injuries each season it seems like, but they are in Brady’s home state.

Titans: Lead by a former Patriots player and coach, small market for sure, but I think they have some underrated talent on both sides of the ball.

Bears: They appear to have a very good team besides QB, Brady bringing back a Super Bowl to Chicago would be huge.

Vikings: Would it even be possible with Kirk still under contract? They for sure have talent all over

Cowboys: I like Dak, but would the Cowboys let him walk if they could sign Brady for a year or two?

Denver: Lock has looked good in his 2 starts, plus the talent and depth on this team isn’t what it was when Peyton came to town

Colts: Good roster, but I think that would be a big surprise

Dolphins: Don’t see it

Lions: Don’t see it

Carolina: Don’t see it

Jaguars: Don’t see it

Browns: Don’t see it

12 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

So just for fun, lets say Tom Brady or the Patriots decide to move on from each other after this season, where does Tom Brady sign (Assuming he wants to keep playing)?

Chargers: They have talent, they always have a ton of injuries each season it seems like, but they are in Brady’s home state.

Titans: Lead by a former Patriots player and coach, small market for sure, but I think they have some underrated talent on both sides of the ball.

Bears: They appear to have a very good team besides QB, Brady bringing back a Super Bowl to Chicago would be huge.

Vikings: Would it even be possible with Kirk still under contract? They for sure have talent all over

Cowboys: I like Dak, but would the Cowboys let him walk if they could sign Brady for a year or two?

Denver: Lock has looked good in his 2 starts, plus the talent and depth on this team isn’t what it was when Peyton came to town

Colts: Good roster, but I think that would be a big surprise

Dolphins: Don’t see it

Lions: Don’t see it

Carolina: Don’t see it

Jaguars: Don’t see it

Browns: Don’t see it

I think a large part of this answer depends on why they move on from each other.  Is it because Brady wants to win without Belichick? Is it because Belichick thinks Brady is done and there are better options?  Does he want to be closer to a particular part of the country (i.e. Michigan or Cali)?

If it's the last of those, then it probably doesn't matter what the talent level is that much.  Brady could bring a lot of talent with him, and having him means you don't spend a draft pick on a QB, and instead take instant impact players.

If it's the first, then we are probably looking just at stacked teams, and especially teams within easier divisions.  Cowboys jump out, because with Dak gone they have the money and they'll need a new staff that Brady will like.  None of the Eagles, Giants, or Skins look like threats.  Titans may prefer Tannehill if he gets them to the playoffs, and even if they don't, there's still the Colts and Texans to deal with.  Similar reasoning for the Colts.  Bears or Vikings have each other and Green Bay, Chargers and Broncos have the Chiefs.

Lastly, if it's the middle, then you have to think other teams will be a little worried to sign Brady to anything significant if Belichick doesn't want him.  They've had a close relationship for a long time, and everyone knows he's an evil genius.  Then it'd be a desperate team.  Again, I think Cowboys.

On 11/18/2019 at 12:19 AM, DoleINGout said:

The lowest scoring teams are: Redskins (125), Dolphins (139), Bengals (147), Jets (164), Bears (169), Broncos (172), and Jaguars (189).

Everyone of the other twenty-five NFL teams have scored over 200 points so far through eleven games.

Do all of these teams have new starting QB's next year? If so, who?

Jags are possible although I suspect they'll give Minshew a shot.

Lock is the guy in Denver....for now  Jets will stick with Darnold but I don't think he is really the guy and Nears will stick with Trubisky, for now.

Having said that, here are my list of teams that could have a new starting QB in 2020 .

Cincinnati- I mean this is virtually a given.

Chargers, - Imo , Rivers retires 

Tampa Bay - Jameis sucks

Dolphins -- Duh.

NYG - I think Eli retires and I don't think Jones is the guy

Panthers - Newton is done in Carolina and Allen sucks.

Raiders -  It would cost almost nothing to cut him. 

Redskins - not a single good QB on their roster

Titans - I think this is a possibility unless you're convinced Tannehil is the guy.

New England Patriots - While I dont expect it, a Tom Brady retirement is very possible.

On 11/21/2019 at 3:40 PM, CP3MVP said:

Unless the teams HC wants to get fired 

Cam is done in Carolina

I'd put money on Kyle Allen being the QB there more likely than Cam being the QB there. 

It depends where they're drafting and if a QB they like falls to them. Entirely possible that they take Tua, and just start Kyle Allen next year while Tua heals up and learns the playbook and what not.

Right now ranking teams looking at QBs.

1. Bengals
4, 22, 23. Dolphins
16. Bucs
For sure

10. Chargers
12. Panthers
(NO 1st) Bears
15. Colts
29. Saints
30. Patriots
Maybe

I expect 4 QBs to go in the first round of this years draft. For better or worse. Herbert, Tua (assuming he comes out) and Burrow are all 1st round locks. Hurts, Eason, Love (and yes even) Fromm, are possibilities. Though I think Herbert and Fromm are both overrated. 

1. Burrow
2. Tua
3. Herbert
4. Eason
5. Love
6. Hurts 
7. Costello, Stanley and Fromm are all sort of just meh together IMO.