Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Please elaborate. The rams roster is pretty bad outside of like 5-7 players. Stafford has injury issues. They won 5 games last year and did very little to improve the roster. They had to restructure Kupp to sign their rookie class. 

The rams are closer to picking #1 overall than they are to making the playoffs. Even vegas is telling you that by making those bets +300. 

The Rams had everything that could go wrong did go wrong last season and still was two blown late leads against the Seahawks and one blown late lead against the Bucs from winning 8 games. Yes the injury risk is there for Stafford but you can say that about every QB. Stafford is tough so he will play through injuries like he did in 2022 when the Rams won the Superbowl.

The Rams did improve at the most important unit which is the OL. Akers started to play well the last month or so of the season so if he can carry that over into this season with an healthy and improved OL and I really like the LaFleur OC hire the Rams offense will be back top 10 possibly top 5 in the NFL. Defense won’t be as good but I do think they will get better as the season goes along to be decent enough. It’s not like they have a rough gauntlet of QBs to face in the NFC. Plus at the end of the day I trust McVay. He had a rough year last season period that mentally had him checked out. He is in a better place and re-energized. A lot of people are counting out the Rams and the last time that happened they went to the divisional round in 2020. I just can’t see McVay having back to back losing seasons. Until that happens I’m going to side with at least (9-8) record which again $100 will get you $400 easy money.

On 6/16/2023 at 9:37 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Still have no clue how to bet AFC East and North plus NFC North and South winners. 

I don't see how the AFCE isn't the Bills to lose. Yes, the Jets are surging and snagged Rodgers but until they can prove something, have to think Bills as the proven commodity. Don't trust Tua to stay healthy for the Fins and the Pats are likely to finish last. 

I say this but have put no money in that division lol. Gonna make more futures as the season gets closer. Right now the only thing I have is a 5 division winner parlay with a small bet and really like the Raiders under 7.5 wins. 

On 6/16/2023 at 9:37 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Still have no clue how to bet AFC East and North plus NFC North and South winners. 

Last year I made out like a bandit taking AFCN Exact Order:
CIN->BAL->PIT->CLE +2500

This year feels more chalk. I like: 
CIN->BAL->CLE->PIT +650

CIN and BAL are still the top dogs, and I think Watson plays better this year with less distractions and a full offseason, securing the 3 spot.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I don't see how the AFCE isn't the Bills to lose. Yes, the Jets are surging and snagged Rodgers but until they can prove something, have to think Bills as the proven commodity. Don't trust Tua to stay healthy for the Fins and the Pats are likely to finish last. 

I say this but have put no money in that division lol. Gonna make more futures as the season gets closer. Right now the only thing I have is a 5 division winner parlay with a small bet and really like the Raiders under 7.5 wins. 

What are the 5 winners?

Yea i agree its the Bills to lose but them at +125 or close to +300 for each of Miami and NYJ is just wrong to me

9 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Last year I made out like a bandit taking AFCN Exact Order:
CIN->BAL->PIT->CLE +2500

This year feels more chalk. I like: 
CIN->BAL->CLE->PIT +650

CIN and BAL are still the top dogs, and I think Watson plays better this year with less distractions and a full offseason, securing the 3 spot.

Its so tough to bank on Pittsburgh being last

One longer shot I like - @JaguarCrazy2832 might appreciate this - is Doug Pederson to win COTY at +2000.

The AFCS is wide open, and if Trevor Lawrence ascends to who we think he can be, I see a world where the Jaguars can win 11 games and a playoff game or two (who knows). We saw what they were capable late last year when they almost knocked off the Chiefs. Also I just like Pederson and think he’s a good coach.

When I look at other favourable names on the list I don’t see many that jump out to me.

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

One longer shot I like - @JaguarCrazy2832 might appreciate this - is Doug Pederson to win COTY at +2000.

The AFCS is wide open, and if Trevor Lawrence ascends to who we think he can be, I see a world where the Jaguars can win 11 games and a playoff game or two (who knows). We saw what they were capable late last year when they almost knocked off the Chiefs. Also I just like Pederson and think he’s a good coach.

When I look at other favourable names on the list I don’t see many that jump out to me.

I put some coin on mike Tomlin to win at +3000 odds just a gut feeling. 

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

My concern would be they would have to do more than just 1-2 playoff wins bc of how much over expectation they finished last year. 11 wins is probably close to expectation given the division 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What are the 5 winners?

Yea i agree its the Bills to lose but them at +125 or close to +300 for each of Miami and NYJ is just wrong to me

Cincy, KC, SF, Detroit and Jax. Feels weird with the last two but it happened lol. Rodgers leaving the division was a big factor in that decision and the fact that they dominated the last half of the season. My cash out is half of what I put in so the odds might have increased. 

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Cincy, KC, SF, Detroit and Jax. Feels weird with the last two but it happened lol. Rodgers leaving the division was a big factor in that decision and the fact that they dominated the last half of the season. My cash out is half of what I put in so the odds might have increased. 

Interesting. I feel better about Jaguars division over the rest of the South than i do SF v Seattle and i am quite the pessimistic Jags fan.

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

10 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I tend to lean Buff/Bills, value on Atlanta is tempting so its hard to pull the trigger and Minny has legit value if you dont wanna buy Detroit 

I find it hard to not buy Detroit. They ended the season on an absolute terror and got way better in the off-season. The Vikings losing Cook is a hit to them and it's still Cousins and the Vikings lol. They are certainly the biggest threat to the Lions though IMO. Don't see much coming from GB and Bears in terms of getting the division