Madden 20 Franchise - PATCH FIXED IT - WE'RE BACK!

MKnight82

17 hours ago, Danger said:

How's Witman been doing ever since you traded him?

Witman is 34 years old, down to an 83 OVR now.  He's never gained dev trait, he's still Star dev.  

Career stats: 47,218 passing yards, 70% completion, 369 TDs, 121 INTs, 8.2 YPA

4,740 rushing yards, 46 TDs, 4.6 YPC

FREE AGENCY

DT Derek Tripp (91) - 1 year deal, $10.5 mil salary, $9.5 mil SB, $20 mil Y1 cap hit - $20 mil Total Contract

- This is a lot of money.  But I have $60 mil in cap space and no one else to spend it on.  This was 107 FA point, and several teams bid 99 points on him, so its not like I way overbid.  If he doesn't retire after this year I expect he will get cheaper as his OVR drops, so its better to go with the 1 year deal (which is what he asked for).  

Also as a rule I never sign impact players like this in free agency, but this was a special case.  I want to make sure he's put in a situation he can get a lot of snaps to continue beefing up his HOF resume.  

• Like 1

2033 NFL DRAFT

I currently have pick 17 in the first round, three 2nds, including #33 overall which is awesome, and two 3rds.  

Top Prospects Available
# on Board Projection Position Name Height Weight Age Scout 1 Scout 2 Scout 3 40 Vert Broad 3cone Shuttle Bench
1 Mid 1st FS Forrest Beckum 5'11" 207 23 A- PUR B+ HP B AWR 2nd 8th 4th 12th 12th 3rd
2 Mid 1st MLB Milton Ross 6'3" 248 22 A- TAK A- PUR B+ HP 3rd 14th 18th 3rd 3rd 7th
3 Mid 1st RE Nathon Parsons 6'3" 266 22 A- HP B+ TAK B AWR 7th 2nd 2nd 8th 10th 1st
4 Early 1st DT Steven Alexander 6'4" 312 21 A- BS B+ PUR B+ PREC 14th 2nd 7th 4th 10th 1st
5 Mid 1st MLB Lenad Crocker 6'3" 247 22 A- HP A- PUR B+ TAK 9th 1st 1st 4th 4th 1st
6 Early 1st RE Greg Springs 6'0" 256 21 A- HP A- FM B+ PREC 13th 1st 1st 3rd 3rd 2nd
7 Early 1st QB Maxwell McCoy 5'11" 219 21 A+ TP A TAS A- BRK S 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 4th
9 Mid 1st WR Doug Davidson 6'0" 202 22 B+ CTH B+ MR B+ RLS 7th 5th 11th 2nd 5th 13th
10 Late 1st WR Will Thomas 6'0" 176 21 B MR B SPEC B CTH 2nd 4th 6th 12th 15th 40th
11 Mid 1st CB Parker Kendall 5'11" 194 21 B+ PRS B MC B- AWR 6th 2nd 28th 2nd 7th 4th
12 Mid 1st WR Calvin Keyes 6'2" 204 21 B+ SR B+ CTH B+ MR 13th 1st 2nd 11th 12th 5th
13 Early 1st LT Russell Gessner 6'8" 321 21 A- IB A- LB B+ PB 1st 28th 19th 5th 10th 1st
17 Late 1st RE Moses Barton 6'4" 296 22 B+ TAK B PM B+ PUR 28th 16th 14th 9th 5th 3rd
19 Early 1st LT Kirby Johnson 6'7" 330 22 A- IB A- RB B+ RPWR 17th 25th 9th 2nd 4th 2nd
20 Early 1st SS Dominique Frazier 6'3" 207 21 A HP B+ PUR B PREC 1st 1st 1st 4th 3rd 2nd
24 Early 1st RT Jahlil Ramsey 6'7" 323 23 A RB A- RPWR A- PPWR 4th 39th 12th 11th 12th 8th
25 Mid 1st DT Kirkland Potter 6'1" 294 22 B+ TAK B+ FM B+ BS 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 4th
28 Mid 1st SS Kent Forney 6'2" 205 22 A- HP B+ TAK B PUR 14th 2nd 2nd 2nd 2nd 1st
42 Late 1st LOLB Thaddeus Waters 6'0" 245 21 B+ BS B+ TAK B+ AWR 20th 4th 2nd 3rd 1st 2nd
57 Early 1st CB Donte Langford 5'10" 206 21 B AWR B ZC B PREC 18th 12th 18th 1st 1st 1st

Weird draft class, very deep but not a lot of elite talent.  A lot of the players aren't 21 years old too which sucks.  

Let's start at the top.  FS Beckum had an average combine and is already 23 years old.  I'm not sure I would take him at 17 much less at #1 overall.  He did win the Heisman as a defensive player so he has an added chance to be Superstar though.  Continuing with secondary players, CB Kendall is a pretty good looking prospect.  His top 3 attributes are excellent, he's 21, and he had a pretty good combine (he ran 4.41).  SS Frazier had a dominant combine, is 21, and with a 4.42 could play either Safety or CB.  I don't like that he doesn't have either Zone or Man coverage in his top 3 attributes though.  SS Forney is slow, he ran a 4.63, but dominant in all other drills.  If he ends up with like 88 speed he could be ok, but if he's something like 85 speed he might be unplayable.  I'm not sure he's worth a 1st round pick with that risk.  He's 22 years old.  Then there's CB Langford, who's almost listed as a 3rd round pick, but is an early 1st round talent.  He ran a 4.47 and was 1st in 3 cone, shuttle and bench.  He's probably a great target at 33 overall.  

MLB Milton Ross looks like a really good prospect.  He ran a 4.65 and was pretty good all around at the combine.  He's 22 and his top 3 attributes look great.  Good size too.  MLB Crocker is solid too, a little slower (4.70) but similar size and same age.  He hits harder and did more on the bench, definitely a thumper.  Way down in the 2nd is Thaddeus Waters, who's listed as a late first, 21 years old, great combine and solid 3 attributes.  Not sure if he'll fall to the 2nd but he could be a target for me there.

RE Nathan Parsons is a Power Rusher who ran a 4.73, which isn't the best for a 3-4 OLB conversion.  His 3 cone and shuttle weren't ideal either.  Otherwise his combine was great.  He's probably a better fit as a 4-3 DE.  He's 22.  RE Springs is another possible edge rusher, except he ran a 4.79.  His 3 cone and shuttle looks better though so he might make a better conversion to OLB, his combine was excellent overall.  He's also 21 years old and his top 3 skills are excellent.  

DT Steven Alexander is a stud NT prospect.  One of the few Early 1st talents in this class, he's 21 and did 40 freaking reps on the bench.  He should be elite.  RE Moses Barton would play DE in my scheme, he's slow but did well on the bench and has solid 3 attributes.  22 years old though.  Then there's DT Potter, who absolutely killed the combine.  He's a speed rusher, would be moved to DE in my scheme, but he's also 22.  I could make endless Mr. Potter jokes with him too.  

And then there's QB Maxwell McCoy, who's the only draftable QB in the class.  He kind of looks like a stud and kid of doesn't.  He's only 5'11", which isn't a killer in today's world, and the fact that he's a scramble helps that.  He ran a 4.62 at the combine and has A+ throw power.  He's also only 21 years old.  My issue is that Break Sack is listed as his 3rd skill instead of another accuracy skill.  He's one of the only Early 1st round talents in this class though.  Honestly I'd be willing to trade up for McCoy if he drops out of the top 3 picks.  

At WR, Doug Davidson had a solid combine running a 4.43, and has decent size.  He's listed as a deep threat ans is 22 years old.  WR Will Thomas is 21, and ran a little faster at 4.39.  Davidson's 3 cone and shuttle were better though.  Also Thomas is listed as a Late 1st talent.  Finally, Calvin Keyes is also 21, ran a 4.46 and is bigger than either of them at 6'2".  His 3 cone and shuttle were more on par with Thomas' though.  

There are also several solid offensive lineman in this class.  LT Russell Gessner will likely go in the top 10 picks, he's 21 years old and did an incredible 41 bench reps at the combine.  He also has elite size.  He looks like a franchise LT.  Kirby Johnson also has great size, did 38 bench reps, but is 22 years old.  He's also listed as an early 1st round talent though.  Then there's RT Ramsay, who's unfortunately 23 years old, but has the best 3 attributes of any of them.  He only did 33 reps at the combine though.  He's definitely the inferior of the 3.  

Ok, so the plan is to see if QB McCoy falls to the 4th pick.  If he does, we're moving up.  Otherwise, I think I might move up to the 10 range for someone like WR Davidson or one of the LTs if they are still available.  I might move into the back end of the 1st round and hold to to 33 as well.  Landing 3 of the guys on my board would be ideal.  

FS Forest Beckum (73) goes #1 overall to the Bills, that's great I didn't even want him.  MLB Milton (74) is #2 to the Raiders, these are some weak OVRs for the top players in a class.  DT Steven Alexander (78) is the 3rd pick to the Raiders, he looks like a great pick.  

Time to consider trading up.  

*TRADE*

WAS Redskins Receive

#17 overall

#49 overall (2)

RT K Sampson (75)

ARI Cardinals Receive 

#4 overall

The Redskins pick up a 2nd round pick and a new starting RT, which is listed as their top need.  

With the 4th pick in the NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

QB Maxwell McCoy, Texas

Scrambler (76), Strong Arm (74), Field General (74), Improviser (73)

g1Lrv3p.jpg

- Hidden Dev!  He's well rounded, looks like a complete stud.  92 throw power, 85 speed, 86 acceleration.  He's going to be a monster.  

I'm going to sim to the 20s and see if I can move back into the 1st if some guys fall.  

Wow, so I simmed to 20, and the cupboard is bare.  Only guys left are WR Will Thomas (who I don't think is worth trading up for), SS Kent Forney (who isn't really a need and ran a 4.63), and LOLB Thaddeus Waters and CB Donte Langford who I think both have a good chance of lasting till 33.  I think I'm just going to stay put and keep all of my picks, I like the 2nd and 3rd rounds in this class and don't want to give up all of my later picks.  

I simmed to 33.  Thomas and Forney are gone, and Water just went with the 32nd pick right in front of me.  

There are several good players available here at 33.  CB Donte Langford is definitely the BPA and will be my pick, but my next pick isn't until 46 and I want to determine whether a trade up is warranted.  First there's a 21 year old Run Stopper DT listed as a Late 2nd rounder, but I don't think he'll drop that far.  He had a decent combine.  Then there's a nice 22 year old edge rusher, had a fantastic combine, listed as an Early 2nd round talent.  There's also a LT listed as a Late 1st round talent, he did 37 reps at the combine, he's 23 years old though.  Finally, there's a 23 year old WR than ran a 4.38, fastest at the combine, listed as a late 2nd rounder.  I'm not sure the DT is dominant enough to trade up for, and I think one of these guys will last to 46 so I don't know a trade up is warranted.  I will sim a few picks after this one to see if they start flying off the board then make a decision.  

With the 33rd pick in the NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

CB Donte Langford, BYU

Slot (76), Zone (75), Man to Man (73)

PqKaWWo.jpg

- Hidden Dev!  Hell Yes!  I didn't want another Normal dev CB, this is a homerun!  His coverage skills need work, but he's a good athlete.  He could end up being an elite slot guy.  

Alright lets sim a few picks and see if those other guys go off the board.  The DT goes off the board at pick 37 to the Colts.  He was only a 68 OVR so I think I was justified not moving up for him.  I really like this edge rusher though and I think I'm going to make a move for him.  

*TRADE*

BAL Ravens Receive

#46 overall (2)

WR A Roberson (73)

ARI Cardinals Receive

#38 overall (2)

The Ravens drop 8 spots and pick up a WR.  Roberson is a Star dev but isn't getting snaps from me, which he needs if he's going to develop.  WR was listed as the Ravens top need (they have 1 WR on the roster, a 77 OVR).  

With the 38th pick in the NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

LOLB Jamon Jarrett, Arizona

Speed Rusher (70), Run Stopper (74), Power Rusher (61), Pass Coverage (57)

pA9B0gU.jpg

- Hidden Dev AGAIN!!! Wooooo.   He has great size, definitely raw though.  22 years old.  Not as well rounded as I had hoped, I though as a OLB he might be more well rounded than a DE convert.  He isn't.  He'll be part of my pass rushing rotation.  If he ends up a Superstar he might take over as the starter at one of the OLB spots.  

Ok, time to sim to the 3rd round.  I have 73 and 81 overall.  

I kind of have to take a WR here.  Its a huge need.  

With the 73rd pick in the NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

WR Lyle Leno, UCLA

Deep Threat (67), Slot (62), Route Runner (58), Physical (57)

UWQeUJX.jpg

- And the streak is over, normal dev.  He's solid though.  Good athleticism, needs to work on his Route Running.  22 years old.  Good depth.

With the 81st pick in the NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

MLB Andrew Grimes, Tennessee

Pass Coverage (68), Field General (67), Run Stopper (65)

DTDy5OV.jpg

- Normal dev, not a bad player though.  Pass coverage means he fits my scheme, and he's a high end athlete for a linebacker.  Good depth.  

4th round time.  I have picks 113 and 117.  

With the 113th pick in the NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

DT Isaac Dorsett, Washington

Run Stopper (70), Power Rusher (67), Speed Rusher (63)

t31D0ms.jpg

- Normal dev but I like this pick in the 4th.  He's a good long term NT prospect.  22 years old, great strength.  

With the 117th pick in the NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

WR Richie Carrington, Houston

Deep Threat (65), Slot (61), Route Runner (57), Physical (54)

t4ffuPf.jpg

- Normal dev.  Needed more WR depth, not a bad pick this late.  Good size and athleticism.  Raw but 21 years old.  

5th round time.  

With the 145th pick in the NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

FS Taylor Beekman, Southern Illinois

Run Support (70), Hybrid (69), Zone (69)

7CnIS1M.jpg

- Hidden Dev!  Wow, killer pick in the 5th.  He could end up taking over the starting FS spot.  Great athleticism.  22 years old.  

I don't have anyone left on my board.  

6th round pick - traded to Seahawks for future 5th

7th round pick - traded to Broncos for future 6th

Great draft with 4 hidden dev players.  I got my QB, which was probably my biggest need.  I wanted to get a high end WR but that didn't happen, otherwise great draft.  

Edited by MKnight82

POST 2033 DRAFT RECAP

These are the top 10 player in the class:

#1 - RT Jahlil Ramsey - Drafted 17 by the Redskins - 79 OVR - Star Dev (Wow, they made out great in that trade with me) 

#2 - DT Steven Alexander - Drafted 3 by the Raiders - 78 OVR - Star Dev

#3 - LT Kirby Johnson - Drafted 14 by the Panthers - 78 OVR - Normal Dev

#4 - TE Elijah Whitley - Drafted 5 by the Colts - 77 OVR - Star Dev

#5 - RE Greg Springs - Drafted 8 by the Dolphins - 77 OVR - SS X Factor (wow!)

#6 - LT Russell Gessner - Drafted 9 by the Patriots - 77 OVR - Star Dev

#7 - QB Maxwell McCoy - Drafted 4 by the Cardinals - 76 OVR - ?????

#8 - CB Parker Kendall - Drafted 13 by the Steelers  - 76 OVR - SS X Factor (not a good sign for me, I don't think i've seen more than 2 SS X in one draft)

#9 - SS Dominique Frazier - Drafted 15 by the Rams - 76 OVR - Star Dev

#10 - CB Donte Langford - Drafted 33 by the Cardinals - 76 OVR - ?????

Pretty solid top 10, only 1 normal dev and 2 X factors.  Others of note:

FS Forrest Beckum - 75 OVR - Star dev

MLB Milton Ross - 74 OVR - Superstar

WR Doug Davidson - 75 OVR - Normal dev

DE Moses Barton - 72 OVR - Superstar

DT Kirkland Potter - 75 OVR - Star dev

WR Will Thomas - 71 OVR - Star dev

SS Kent Forney - 74 OVR - Normal dev (and 86 speed)

LB Thaddeus Waters - 72 OVR - Star dev

Cardinals - Year 15 Roster
Offense Skill Players
QB OVR Age HB OVR Age FB OVR Age WR OVR Age TE OVR Age
M McCoy 76 21 J Silver 86 24 D Valentine 80 26 B Bullard 83 23 C Price 84 24
B Hewitt 76 27 M Howard 83 28       C Graves 75 25 D Carroll 72 24
R Thomson 68 27 T Flynn 62 21       K Santos 72 22 A McKinley 68 23
                  L Leno 67 22 P Samuels 68 24
                  S Burse 66 24      
                  R Carrington 65 21      

Offensive Lineman
LT OVR Age LG OVR Age C OVR Age RG OVR Age RT OVR Age
B Linsley 86 25 L Ryans 81 25 K Carroll 76 25 M Worthington III 78 25 E Dye 79 22
      J Berlin 75 23 C Thruston 74 24 N Traynor 75 26 B Walter 73 24
      S Smart 74 24             C June 63 25

Defensive Players
LE OVR Age DT OVR Age RE OVR Age LOLB OVR Age ROLB OVR Age
H Herman 83 24 D Tripp 91 34 A Walton 81 29 A Orchard 78 23 A Slate 80 24
N Sheppard 71 23 R Tucker 75 28 J Baas 72 24 T Mobley 73 25 C Boothe 74 26
      P Clarke 75 27 D Chester 64 23       J Jarrett 70 22
      N Matlock 74 26                  
      I Dorsett 70 22                  
      J Taylor 65 23                  

Defensive Players      
MLB OVR Age CB OVR Age FS OVR Age SS OVR Age      
Q Caver 84 22 Q Banks 89 25 X Acosta 81 26 J Mills 85 25      
M Turner 75 26 J Pettis 82 27 T Beekman 70 22 D Stewart 75 24      
C Torrence 71 23 L Eubanks 80 22       D Bramble 64 25      
A Grimes 68 22 A Bush 79 27                  
B McDowell 64 23 D Langford 76 21                  
      J Branch 74 26                  
      T Conrad 69 23                  

Special Teams                  
K OVR Age P OVR Age                  
A Blizzard 82 28 J Villarreal 83 25                  

Rookie QB McCoy is a big addition on offense, he should really open up the offense.  I may change my playbook to one with Read Option plays.  

The rest of the skill position players generally stay the same, I do have some new depth at WR.  That position is definitely a weakness.

The Oline is the same from last year. 

On defense, the big addition is future HOFer Derek Tripp inside.  

Rookie CB Langford will be my new starting Slot CB.

All other defensive starters will remain the same.  

CUTS - FINAL 53 ROSTER - YEAR 15

I have to cut 12 players, if they have PS eligibility left they will head there, unless they suck.  I might even make a trade or two.

WR Steve Burse (67) - PS - he only has 87 speed, I drafted better Wrs.  

RT Christian June (63) - PS - He has star dev but too raw for 53.

RE Darren Chester (64) - CUT - out of PS eligibility.

DT Jahzir Taylor (65) - CUT - out of PS eligibility. 

DT Jermaine Hewitt (63) - PS - former draft pick, solid run defender.

MLB Billy McDowell (65) - CUT - out of PS eligibility

CB W Doolittle (67) - CUT - out of PS eligibility

SS Dennis Bramble (64) - CUT - out of PS eligibility

*TRADE*

BUF Bills Receive

QB B Hewitt (77)

ARI Cardinals Receive  

Bills 3rd Round Pick

The Bills starting QB is a 67 OVR Dwayne Haskins.  I actually take a massive $17 mil cap hit for trading Hewitt but I'm still pretty good on cap space.  

*TRADE*

TEN Titans Receive

DT R Tucker (75)

ARI Cardinals Receive

4th Round Pick

He's a good backup, I'm just stacked at DT. 

*TRADE*

NO Saints Receive

CB J Branch (74)

ARI Cardinals Receive

6th Round Pick

He was too valuable to just cut.  

*TRADE*

NY Jets Receive

CB J Pettis (82)

ARI Cardinals Receive

2nd round pick

Pettis is only 27 years old, he's a legit starting CB, I've just drafted a bunch of younger CBs and they've taken his playing time.  The Jets top CB on the roster is a 77 OVR.  This fills a huge need for them.  

Sorry for all of the trades, I had some tough cuts to make and a lot of them were too valuable to dump for nothing.  

McCoy looks really good. His combine had me interested. Really well rounded for a rookie QB, hopefully he’s at least a Superstar dev. MLB Ross is probably who I would have wanted outside of QB being a big need. I’m assuming you would have had to trade up for him too though.

That’s awesome that Silas became a Xfactor. He probably owes his success to you, idk if he would have gotten the chance to get on the field early if you didn’t decide against giving Witman a contract.

On 1/5/2020 at 1:46 AM, Neumatic said:

When’s the last time Lamar Jackson didn’t win MVP? xD

I watched this YouTuber play nba 2k and he downloaded 2002 rosters and then used realistic draft classes to see an alternate look on what the nba could’ve been and in it Tim Duncan was Defensive player of the year like 17 times in a row lol

• Like 1