BDL 2019 Week 12 - Seoul Dragons @ Hawaii Nighmarchers

SirA1

Seoul Dragons @ Hawaii Nighmarchers  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Seoul Dragons
    • Hawaii Nighmarchers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/28/2019 at 05:01 AM

BDL 2019 Week 12

Match: Seoul Dragons @ Hawaii Nighmarchers

Away Owner: @TedLavie

Home Owner: @Pickle Rick / @The Orca

Vote for who you think will win this game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Seoul Dragons

QB Kyler Murray

RB Kenyan Drake

WR Tyrell Williams 

WR DeMarcus Robinson

WR Jamison Crowder

TE Travis Kelce

LT Ronnie Stanley

LG Rodger Saffold

C Austin Reiter

RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

RT Donald Penn

Bench RB Jordan Howard (Q)

Bench RB Wayne Gallman

Bench TE Gerald Everett

Bench WR Keke Coutee

Bench OL Ty Neskhe

Bench OL Mike Person

NT Eddie Goldman

3T Maliek Collins

4T Grady Jarrett

OLB Melvin ingram

MLB Damian Wilson

SLB Shaq Thompson

CB Levi Wallace 

CB Ronald Darby

CB K’Waun Williams

FS Marcus Williams

SS Terrell Edmunds

Bench Edge Derek Barnett

Bench Edge Taco Charlton

Bench Int Tim Settle

Bench Int Tyler Lancaster

Bench LB Thomas Davis

Bench CB Taron Johnson

Bench CB Sidney Jones

Bench S Jaquizi Tartt

Hawaii Nightmarchers

Offensive Starters:

QB - Russell Wilson

RB - Saquon Barkley

WR1 - Stefon Diggs

WR2 - Chris Godwin

WR3 - Auden Tate 

TE - Vance McDonald

LT - Cam Robinson

LG - Marshall Yanda 

C - Ryan Kelly

RG - Brandon Scherff 

RT - Bryan Bulaga 

Offensive Bench:

G - Pat Elflein

RB -Tarik Cohen 

RB - Alexander Mattison

WR1 off bench - Danny Amendola

WR2 off bench - Diontae Johnson 

Defensive Starters:

DE - Jadaveon Clowney

DT - DeForest Buckner

DT - JPP 

DE - Frank Clark

SOLB - Myles Jack

MLB - Roquon Smith 

MLB - Demario Davis

CB1 - Marshon Lattimore

CB2 - Mike Huges 

S - Anthony Harris

S - Eric Weddle 

Defensive Bench:

Slot CB - Bobby McCain

DE - Kyler Fackrell

DT - BJ Hill

DT - Chris Wormley

4-4 LB - Harold Landry

CB - Charvarious Ward

CB - Kendall Sheffield

LB - Duke Riley

Edited by SirA1

Seoul Dragons

Offense

This week we will try to target Hawaii weak spots.

The first one is their defensive line which is pretty light. We’ll attack relentlessly the Clark/JPP side with our ground game if JPP is lined up inside again. Jordan Howard (if healthy) is going to get a bunch of carries to just run this DL out of steam with his physical running. If he’s out, then Gallman and Drake will alternate. We will throw in some 6OL formations as well to beef up our front and get bigger holes our guys can blast into. 

The second is zones in the middle of the field. Hawaii like to let 3 LB in coverage at all times, even against nickel offenses. Our receiver corps isn’t the greatest, but we believe a NFL startable should be able to beat a LB in space. That’s why we’re adding DeMarcus Robinson in the lineup. He will line up outside, putting Crowder back in the slot, his most natural position, where he should see a lot of Myles Jack. We are going to work this matchup and target Crowder on the boundries of Jack’s zone with slants or outs routes. We will also use jet sweeps and bubble screens to get our WRs the ball and have the possibility to outspeed those LBs.

The third one is the deep zones. Hawaii likes to play cover zones and have corners and safeties lined up deep. With Lattimore banged up and Harris out we want to test that. We will try to have Tyrell lined up vs Hughes on jump ball, or have him run post routes to test whoever Hawaii will line up at FS. 

In addition, we will obviously try to give the ball to Kelce as much as we can. Whether it’s on zone flooding routes, corners routes to beat Hawaii cover, or straight up go / double moves routes to beat them deep, expect him to get around 15 targets all game long.

Defense

We will rely on the strengths of our defense to limit Hawaii great offense, namely our front 7 and Marcus Williams. 

We will alternate between cover 3 (65%) and cover 1 press man (35%) with, on every case, Marcus Williams on the role of the deep centerfielder as we believe he’s becoming the best FS in the NFL. His role will be to avoid getting beat deep.

Otherwise, in man, coverage responsibilities are the following:

Darby vs Diggs

Wallace vs Godwin

Williams vs Tate

Shaq vs McDonald

Edmunds vs Saquon

Wilson spying on Russ / playing zone middle

Our front seven first task will be to stop Saquon from getting hot. We will line up is a 4-3 under with Goldman responsible for both A gaps, Collins with the B gap on the weak side, Ingram the C gap on the weak side, Grady will be responsible for B and C gaps on the strong side and Shaq the D gap. Having both Goldman and Jarrett being able to take on double gap responsibilities will allow us to have Wilson and Edmunds keying on both Saquon and Russell and get some good stops. Plus, the weak side of the line is where our pass rush comes from, as both Collins and Ingram will be able to penetrate through Hawaii OL

Hawaii Nightmarchers

Motivation:  we are pretty decimated again with injuries and are hoping some vet healthy by game time or else its next man up. 

Offensive Base Formation: We love the shotgun pistol formation, 2 WR split to the weak side.  TE and the other WR on the strongside. This formation gives plenty of opportunity and space for Barkley to run and Godwin and Diggs to get open for big plays.

Pistolformation1a.png

Tempo: This week we will be running normal tempo offense.  We got weapons everywhere and pro bowl blockers to help the run and pass.  

Playcalling Distribution:

50% run

20% pass

20% playaction pass

10% RPO

Personnel Changes: no major changes 

Running: Our team is built to run and we will continue that this week.  We return to our base formation this week and will again use the Shotgun Pistol formation.  We expect to be in our base formation 50% of the time.  We will run variants with McDonald as a motion man or bring in Mattison to be the motion man and help to be a lead blocker for SB. Being in the pistol, our runs will be spread out to both sides of the ball, keeping the Seoul's defense off balance.  Our favorite play again this week will be Pull to Bust, which will be ran from the Shotgun Pistol formation and dominates against Seoul's D.  It requires the TE to motion from the weak side over to the strong side and be slotted back off the line of scrimmage.

Clemson_2011_Pistol_Like_Formation.jpg

As shown above, we expect Seoul to be playing predominantly a 4-man front which this play will wreck them big time.  It will also work against almost anything Seoul can throw at it.  This play is a simple run that should provide big time yardage.  The play is designed to go to the strongside as to give SB the most amount of room to make plays happen.  The whole setup starts with the back side, Yanda will cut the DT, allowing our pro bowl Center (Kelly) to pull to the right (strongside).  Scherff uses an inside move to get to the LB, while Buluga and MacDonald block down to the inside and force the DT and DE away from the edge of the line.  Scherff's goal is to get to the strongside LB and if not to seal off all other help from the inside.  Kelly rounds the edge of the line to mop up anything missed (strongside LB, DB or missed lineman).  Barkley will be off to the races over and over here.   

On inside plays we plan on motioning our TE (80% of the time) or Mattison down inside and allow him to become a defacto fullback and clean up anyone left in the holes allowing SB to burst through with vengeance on his mind.  We have large and angry men up front ready to open the holes for our horse to stroll on through to the endzone.  That said, we will not be running on the inside very much, just enough to keep the D off balance. 

Passing: Seoul won't be able to stop the run and the pass, this week is gonna be fun fellas.  Having one of the best QB's in the game to throw Diggs and Godwin (both top 15 wide receivers) is going to beat a lot of people or open things up even more for SB.   Stefon Diggs pairs nicely with Godwin who dominates running slants and crossing routes.  We will use a bunch of crossing routes and slants early on in the game which we will shift to double moves on the outside later on and look to catch Seoul's DB's cheating.  This is the bread and butter type of routes that Godwin was brought in to run.  Diggs has been huge at catching the deep ball and we expect a couple more of them this week.  If Seoul wants to double him it just leaves Godwin open to crush their spirits.  Being extremely balanced and with weapons galore, we will keep their D guessing so much that they won't be able to stop us.  If they try and load the box on early downs we will shift more to passing plays and playaction passes.  We also won't forget about Barkely here, getting him in screens and check downs will be the key to keeping the chains moving.  

Playaction and RPO's: we will be using these to catch Seoul crowding the box and cheating up to help stop Barkley.  Diggs and Godwin are ready to burn Seoul when they load up and jump in to stop Barkley.   We will also use our slot receiver to sprinkle in the RPO's as the linebackers start to cheat more and more to help try and stop Barkley. 

Defense Base Formation: 4-3 defense, switching to Nickel in passing downs and dependent upon ingame situations. We will also use more 4-4 sets on running downs and short yardage plays. 

pict-american-football-positions-diagram

Formation usage: 

4-3: 50%

Nickel: 25%

4-4: 25%

Defensive Base coverages:

Cover 3 - 33%

Quarters - 33%

Tampa 2 - 33%

Personnel Changes:  no major changes

Playstyle: We will be playing this game entirely in zone as we don't believe Seoul's WR's are good enough to get open in a quick amount of time (Our pass rushing is elite and coming for Roger's on passing downs) and the zone will stop big plays from the TE's.  Clowney, Clark, JPP and the LB's will have a field day with getting to Murray.  We will look to switch our coverage up a lot and try and fool him pre-snap and confuse him enough to allow our all-pro edge rusher or blitzing LB to get pressure on him and get the sack. 

As for the run game.  We will be sticking to our 4-3 D and using our 4-4 run stopping D to stuff them at the line with our strongest asset taking over the game.  Run blitzes early and often (favoring helping JPP on the inside) will help to combat anything they may get form the run.  Seoul will have no chance to beat us with the run and their passing game will struggle against our zone defense when Murray doesn't have time to sit in the pocket and throw because his receivers are not getting open. 

Murray will not have any running lanes, as our zone D will prevent any from opening. 

Tl;dr: Riding Barkley early but switching to our passing game to keep things balanced and Seoul guessing.  This week we will feature our outside run Pull to Bust (described above) and focus our runs to the outside.  Against a 4-man front this play will be huge.  Once they are in shock from Barkley and our WR's, we hit em with the playaction bombs to Diggs and Godwin and screens and check downs to Barkley.  Defense will be predominately 4-3 zone, Nickle zone D, or 4-4 (on early downs and running situations).  Running entirely zone this week to help our DB's and keep any advantage they might have from surfacing.  Also run blitzing to JPP side to help him out. 

Kau ʻoe ke kiʻekiʻe, akā hāʻule paʻā

Edited by SirA1

Clowney didn’t play. With a light line with JPP already starting at DT I think Seoul can out man this defense. I really like what I have seen from Kyler. I underestimated how good he would be and should have traded up for him instead of taking Haskins. Besides that I do like the effort from Hawaii but I think Seoul wins this. Also it looks like I’m looking at the same screen grabs every game plan...

Both teams have some OL issues, but Hawai'i has more serious DL issues.  Hawai'i has more explosive weapons, but I think Seoul has the personnel to grind this out in a dirty game.  The stoutness of the Seoul DL makes Hawai'i one dimensional and Kyler gets himself a win.  

10 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Both teams have some OL issues, but Hawai'i has more serious DL issues.  Hawai'i has more explosive weapons, but I think Seoul has the personnel to grind this out in a dirty game.  The stoutness of the Seoul DL makes Hawai'i one dimensional and Kyler gets himself a win.  

Eh. Harold Landry is their go to at DE after Clowney typically which would be fine. He is a pretty domonant Edge rusher. I still dont like JPP inside though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

With no depth though, Landry would be dead by the 4th quarter.

Fackrell is still there vehind that though. 3 man rotation. It would test the endurance of his edge rushers and he'd be losing some pass rush with Fackrell.

• Like 1

I don't see the edge rusher thing being an issue. With Landry stepping in, he plays between 80-90% of snaps with the Titans IRL anyway.

The bigger issue for me is Hawaii is again without Marshon Lattimore and Anthony Harris, as Lattimore was out again and Harris had a bye, meaning he takes on the previous weeks stats as inactive. 

On 11/27/2019 at 9:28 PM, SirA1 said:

Seoul. I appreciate the twins stepping in but they have pretty much submitted the same things 4-5 weeks in a row.

Would it better if we spent an hour or 2 to develop a kick *** game plan to just see us lose 15-0 bc everyone says...

No lattimore 

No clowney 

No saftey

No depth at CB

No Barkley, cant run

No DT

No one for Wilson to throw to, Barkley gets stuffed

Need I go on, bc there are so many more lol.