Ask yourself this one question, If Tom Brady had Jason Garrett as a HC, would he still be the GOAT???

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

I honestly don't understand why people are criticising Garrett for kicking that FG. It was a 7 point game, if they go for it and don't get it the Pats have all the momentum, and even if you get lucky with a fumble or pick TD, it's a tie game and you're handing the ball back to Brady with about 3 minutes to go.

Kicking the the FG achieves two things - firstly it rewards your offense for a good drive, keeping moral up. Second, it puts pressure on the Pats to at least do something on offense. A 7 point lead the Patriots know they're have a margin for error, a 4 point lead means they're a mistake away away from being behind.

Let's not forget, the plan worked. The Cowboys got the ball back with plenty of time, and were driving for the winning TD. If Cooper had caught that 4th down pass we might be talking about the Cowboys pulling the upset.

The problem wasn’t ever going to be getting the ball back, it was can you march down the field 60+ yards against this defense a second time 

They hadn’t really moved the ball all day

Chances or getting two yards on one play > chances of getting 60+ yards against the Pats defense on the next drive 

Tbh I think Garret just said I don’t want to go to OT against Brady and this defense in Gillette.  Which I get but he gave up an opportunity to stay in the game 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mission27 said:

The problem wasn’t ever going to be getting the ball back, it was can you march down the field 60+ yards against this defense a second time 

Chances or getting two yards on one play > chances of getting 60+ yards against the Pats defense on the next drive 

Tbh I think Garret just said I don’t want to go to OT against Brady and this defense in Gillette.  Which I get but he gave up an opportunity to stay in the game 

I would agree with that if it was 4th and goal from the 1 or something. But it there was no guanrantee they get the TD converting that 4th down, they have had to kick a FG anyway.

At the end of the day, they were always going to have to score twice to win the game, and so JG took a chance to score.

13 hours ago, childofpudding said:

If Donald Trump was born a poor Aborigine in the Australian outback, would he have become President of the United States of America?!? ANSWER ME THAT

No.  You have to be a natural born citizen to be elected president.  Are you trying to say that The Clapper or Tom Brady were brought up as a poor Aboritine in the Australian outback?  xD

Edited by Uncle Buck

Hard to say. Aaron Rodgers had Mike McCarthy for most of his career and is still respected as one of the greats, and I think the same would be true for Brady even if he'd been saddled with The Clapper. Brady would still carry off a Super Bowl or two in spite of the coaching, and Garrett would be one of the least-respected head coaches to ever win a ring. Kind of like how Brad Childress would have been remembered if the '09 Vikings went all the way; a guy who didn't inspire anybody or contribute anything special, but was just in the right place at the right time.

3 hours ago, Elky said:

I'm not entirely sure what Peyton/Indy has to do with anything, but the narrative that Peyton consistently had to work with poor defenses in Indy and Brady always had a good defense is actually a myth. Let's do some fact checking:

2002: Indy 8th NE 23rd

2003: Indy 11th NE 7th

2004: Indy 29th NE 9th

2005: Indy 11th NE 26th

2006: Indy 21st NE 6th - NOTE: Indy's defense was THE reason they won Super Bowl XLI!

2007: Indy 3rd NE 4th

2008: Indy 22nd NE 23rd

2009: Indy 18th NE 11th

2010: Indy 20th NE 25th

Indy's defense outranked us 4/9 times, so it's basically a 50/50 split. Brady has played with some pretty awful defenses too. I would recommend doing some research BEFORE you make a claim.

The Pat's are known for the defenses that led them to their SB victories. I figured any Pat's fan would know that considering BB is known as a defensive master mind that perfected his bend but dont break defense. 

Richard Seymour, Ty Law, Asante Samuel, Vince Wilfork, Teddy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, I can roll off dozens of names off the top of my head that the Pat's defense has produced with successful results. Because that is the biggest factor that their known for, not their offenses. Besides Brady, Gronk, Moss, and maybe Edelman, most of their other names are pretty forgettable.

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

Pretty much this. I mean if you dont have confidence in your offense to go for it inside the 20 then how are you gonna have it for them to go over 60?

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

The Pat's are known for the defenses that led them to their SB victories. I figured any Pat's fan would know that considering BB is known as a defensive master mind that perfected his bend but dont break defense. 

Richard Seymour, Ty Law, Asante Samuel, Vince Wilfork, Teddy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, I can roll off dozens of names off the top of my head that the Pat's defense has produced with successful results. Because that is the biggest factor that their known for, not their offenses. Besides Brady, Gronk, Moss, and maybe Edelman, most of their other names are pretty forgettable.

Yes, we had great defenses during our 1st 3 Super Bowls. However, from 05-13ish we went through a defensive dark ages where crappy quarterbacks would look like Joe Montana and easily convert 3rd and longs.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elky said:

Yes, we had great defenses during our 1st three Super Bowls. However, from 05-13ish we went through a defensive dark ages where crappy quarterbacks would look like Joe Montana and easily convert 3rd and longs.

8 years with defenses that were if anything good to great. I cant think of a time where the Pat's had a poor defense in the BB era unless they were riddled with injuries. 

Maybe you can correct me on that. 

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

8 years with defenses that were if anything good to great. I cant think of a time where the Pat's had a poor defense in the BB era unless they were riddled with injuries. 

Maybe you can correct me on that. 

The 2011 squad was the worst defense to ever reach the Super Bowl. We generated a lot of turnovers, yes, but good God almighty my grandmother's corpse could have thrown on us that season.