Week 13- News and Notes

WizardHawk

9 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

My argument was that we missed him in the Detroit game. Not that he can’t be criticized.

I’m sure I should have just let it go, but I’m a bit fatigued how almost nothing on this forum can seem to be discussed with any nuance.

Amari Cooper is an elite wide out. He has been worth giving up a first round pick for. You'd like to see the guy play a little bit harder though considering the contract he's going to want. I know he's already played through some injuries (see Jets game when he probably should have sat out) so he's trying at least. 

Jeff Heath isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be. He just shouldn't be your starting safety in the backfield. I'd gladly keep him around so long as it doesn't prevent the team from trying to upgrade the position. 

Jason Garrett has done some really good things since he became the head coach. He along with McClay and the Jones's (yes, even Jerry) have helped change the culture of the team. Remember when we never spent a first round pick on OL? I also can't remember a time when the team flat-out quit on him, there's been many games where they've looked completely out of it only to come back and win or at least make it a close game. 

That said...there's also been games where they were clearly the better team and lost because of the same mistakes over and over again. Due to poor coaching, conservative play calling, failure to adjust, etc. Garrett doesn't seem willing to make changes to the way he does things that could (not saying they would) possibly get this team over the hump. His message at times appears to be wearing thin with the players. We will never suck with Garrett as the head coach, but we also won't ever reach the pinnacle that this franchise is used to and this team is capable of. I give him all the credit for helping build this team back from the dark ages, but I also give him all the blame for wasting the teams with prime Romo, Witten, Bryant, Ware, etc. and I don't want to see him waste this current group of talented players that has been assembled. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Matt Ryan does not impress me. @Matts4313, is it me, or does he appear to decline literally by the game? He and Wentz seriously look worse and worse as each week goes by, win or loss.

I dont know. The game they played each other (like week 2) was literally the worst 2-QB performance I have ever seen in my life. They threw like 6 INTS. The DBs dropped, at a bare minimum, *ANOTHER* 5-7 INTs.

It was horrific. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont know. The game they played each other (like week 2) was literally the worst 2-QB performance I have ever seen in my life. They threw like 6 INTS. The DBs dropped, at a bare minimum, *ANOTHER* 5-7 INTs.

It was horrific. 

That was a painful game to watch. They were HORRIBLE.

And Matty Turnovers turned it over yet again just a moment ago, making it three this half.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

That was a painful game to watch. They were HORRIBLE.

And Matty Turnovers turned it over yet again just a moment ago, making it three this half.

Is it Ryan or is it Dirk Koetter's offense?  Jamies Winston regressed and was a TO machine as well under DK. 

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Appears Dallas is saddled to Maher forever. 

Keeping JG and Maher is equivalent to waving the white flag on 2019. It's fitting though. 

If you are in the GTFO crowd: This is literally the best case scenario. We will tank and get a better draft pick.

If you are not in the GTFO crowd: Keeping the status quo has some logic to it, but its not inspiring. 

59 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Appears Dallas is saddled to Maher forever. 

Keeping JG and Maher is equivalent to waving the white flag on 2019. It's fitting though. 

And yet, the Patriots have already found and signed a new kicker to replace Folk. This is what good teams do; always keep their eyes open in case they need something.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

And yet, the Patriots have already found and signed a new kicker to replace Folk. This is what good teams do; always keep their eyes open in case they need something.

We dont use analytics. They probably dont even know what Maher's FG accuracy is.

• Like 2