Week 2 GDT - Green Bay Packers vs. Atlanta Falcons

CWood21

12 minutes ago, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

Not counting division games which are always a coin toss,

I'm not sure what kind of coin you are tossing

http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/packers/victorious-fury-of-packers-coach-mike-mccarthy-unsurpassed-in-division-b99619845z1-352802231.html/

The victorious fury of Hurricane Mike has been unsurpassed in the 48-year history of divisional play encompassing the NFC North (2002-'15), the NFC Central (1970-'81, 1983-'01) and the Central Division of the NFL's Western Conference (1967-'69).

"Iron" Mike Ditka of Chicago and the "Ice Man," Minnesota's Bud Grant, are enshrined in Canton. Still, neither dominated the division like one Michael John McCarthy.

Counting regular-season and playoff games against division opponents, McCarthy has a record of 49-17-1 for a winning percentage of .742

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I'm not sure what kind of coin you are tossing

http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/packers/victorious-fury-of-packers-coach-mike-mccarthy-unsurpassed-in-division-b99619845z1-352802231.html/

The victorious fury of Hurricane Mike has been unsurpassed in the 48-year history of divisional play encompassing the NFC North (2002-'15), the NFC Central (1970-'81, 1983-'01) and the Central Division of the NFL's Western Conference (1967-'69).

"Iron" Mike Ditka of Chicago and the "Ice Man," Minnesota's Bud Grant, are enshrined in Canton. Still, neither dominated the division like one Michael John McCarthy.

Counting regular-season and playoff games against division opponents, McCarthy has a record of 49-17-1 for a winning percentage of .742

I'm certainly not hoping that narrative will change. ;)

Did anybody watch the Bears/Falcons game?  Going into the game I would have figured Atlanta would dominate, but the score suggested otherwise.  Was curious if a lot of points were left off the board, if Atlanta just played bad, or what.  I do think Chicago is better than expected but no way are they playoff contenders yet or anything.  Also, with this nitro package, is the downside being a little light for running plays?  I remember the NASCAR package a year or so back being talked about and it got abused by offensive coordinators and was curious if the nitro might follow the same pattern or if it'll be a part of our defense for the whole year. 

2 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

Did anybody watch the Bears/Falcons game?  Going into the game I would have figured Atlanta would dominate, but the score suggested otherwise.  Was curious if a lot of points were left off the board, if Atlanta just played bad, or what.  I do think Chicago is better than expected but no way are they playoff contenders yet or anything.  Also, with this nitro package, is the downside being a little light for running plays?  I remember the NASCAR package a year or so back being talked about and it got abused by offensive coordinators and was curious if the nitro might follow the same pattern or if it'll be a part of our defense for the whole year. 

I didn't watch the whole game but there were points left off the board.  Chicago receivers dropped three TD passes in the last three plays that would have given them the win.

Scouts comment via McGinn:

“Gabriel is an undersized slot receiver but has extreme speed. He beats you on speed and quickness. He’s one of those little guys that can just run away from you. You can run hitches and reverses with him, anything just to get the ball in his hands. He can make you miss and run away from you.”

Would the Packers play D. Randall in the slot given Rollins limited speed vs Gabriel's extreme speed ?

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Scouts comment via McGinn:

“Gabriel is an undersized slot receiver but has extreme speed. He beats you on speed and quickness. He’s one of those little guys that can just run away from you. You can run hitches and reverses with him, anything just to get the ball in his hands. He can make you miss and run away from you.”

Would the Packers play D. Randall in the slot given Rollins limited speed vs Gabriel's extreme speed ?

I'd think this is where you would want King. He's fast. Gabriel isn't blowing you away with crazy routes. King should be able to handle it. 

7 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

I'd think this is where you would want King. He's fast. Gabriel isn't blowing you away with crazy routes. King should be able to handle it. 

Has King even practiced in the slot. Thought he was a boundary corner only, too tall to stay with the quick slot guys.

12 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Taylor is pretty quick. I don't tink King is a good matchup for him though idk who's the best option after Randall really.

Archived