Week 13 GDT - Baltimore Ravens vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

yep. I think what happened was that after the Manny penalty, Shanny was calling it quits on the drive. Didn't count on Mostert having a huge gain two plays later. 

On the contrary, Mostert (and Samuel) has been our best offensive player today, could have been counting on him to provide a spark 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

But I thought he played it perfectly. Made sure we were only going down three at half at worst and then when Mostert got his big run, then he went for it but we just couldn't move the ball. Didn't have no problem at all with the way he handled that. 

Exactly. Worst case scenario, we give them the ball back, they drive down for 7. Get the ball back to start the 3rd Q, get another 7. 31-14, you're gona have a heck of a time coming back from that

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

But I thought he played it perfectly. Made sure we were only going down three at half at worst and then when Mostert got his big run, then he went for it but we just couldn't move the ball. Didn't have no problem at all with the way he handled that. 

I agree 100%. Shanny doing the smart thing and remaining calm 

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Yeah, thought that kick was grazed by a Baltimore defender. Wonder if Gould makes it if that doesn't get nicked. Ahhh well. 

Yeah they counted it as a block. Still we should have had a short kick. Anyways we still have another half to make the right plays to win. We need to play a clean half here.

Just now, 49ersfan said:

Exactly. Worst case scenario, we give them the ball back, they drive down for 7. Get the ball back to start the 3rd Q, get another 7. 31-14, you're gona have a heck of a time coming back from that

I mean look at the conditions and all the passes that have bene off the mark from both QBs. Why risk it being aggressive and giving a ballhawk secondary like the Ravens a chance at making a big play before halftime? I'm just not sure what people on here were expecting. We had ALL three timeouts left so clock was not going to be an issue if we did get a big play in the run game....Which we did. Just after that we couldn't get anything going. Even the Mostert play on 3rd down, that should have been a EASY first down yet the ball was bobbled by him and it forced us to settle for a 51 yard FG instead of a say 45-46 yard FG. I mean he probably misses either way, but that's all you could have asked for there.

The penalties though have been BRUTAL. Like just crazy ticky tack all one way. Not one questionable call went against the Ravens.

Oh well, time for the defense to get a stop here. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I just can't get on board with that. This game isn't as big as next week, but it's still a big game. Can't play scared. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoCalNiner said:

I just can't get on board with that. This game isn't as big as next week, but it's still a big game. Can't play scared. 

That's being smart not scared. If Jimmy G threw a INT there or we had a turnover, he would have got killed there. Like now this is just being unreasonable. Less than a minute ago in these conditions, you just take it to halftime if you have to. 

I guess maybe Shanny should have just called a four receiver go route! I would have been on board with that lol.