Week 13 Games

Leader

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Not true regarding Oliver and Gary. If he turns out to be a good 2-way TE (blocking and receiving) it was a good pick. Hindsight will always be 20/20 and you can't look at it that way. The idea behind the draft is to get solid football players and not bust in round 1 or 2 as much as possible. Almost 1 year in you are putting caveats on whether it's a good pick or not. Please don't come back and tell me George Kittle was a 5th round pick. Maxx Crosby was a forth round pick. Teams find talent at every position later in the draft, including QB, although not as frequent! 

Trying to compare a guy in the beginning of his career v. a guy at the end is silly. You actually know that. 

Anyway to you and all my fellow Packer fans, have a Very Happy Thanksgiving! Wishing you a little humility in your posting! It's a positive trait actually! 

You’re not understanding my point.  First round picks are supposed to be integral pieces to your team with the idea of building a Super Bowl team.  Niners have 4 first round picks on the DL and their DL is dominant.  That team is winning games with a backup QB this year.  They’re competing for a long time.  Now what happens if you have all your talent at TE, IOL, ILB, WR...?  

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You’re not understanding my point.  First round picks are supposed to be integral pieces to your team with the idea of building a Super Bowl team.  Niners have 4 first round picks on the DL and their DL is dominant.  That team is winning games with a backup QB this year.  They’re competing for a long time.  Now what happens if you have all your talent at TE, IOL, ILB, WR...?  

False premise! You are taking one team and trying to make them THE example. They've hit on a lot of other picks and a few free agents. Their QB was a top of the second round pick, so please don't give me the 'back up QB stuff'! It's a point to try and back up your position, but it is not true. 

Also, we're talking about the Lions who miss on more picks than almost anybody in the NFL. So you can't really talk about them and 'good organization' in the same sentence. Having said that Hockensen is not a bad pick at this point in the proceedings. He may be a HOFer and never get to a Super Bowl because he's stuck in Detroit. See Gonzalez, Tony until he left KC but still no ring. Was he a bad selection too? 

Anyway have a great Thanksgiving! Got things to do with family! My favorite holiday hope you all enjoy! 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Although it's time to hope the Bears start winning a couple games to hurt their already tiny draft capital, it's really best if the Lions win today.  The Lions currently have the 7th overall draft pick.  Can't risk letting them get ANOTHER top ten TE.  lololololololol.  Remember when everyone was calling me out about Hockensen's first game?  He's got 26 catches on the season.  Disclaimer: He'll probably turn out good to great, but I don't know why it's so hard to understand that yes, tight ends still have a very steep learning curve. 

Anyhoo, also hoping for a Bills win to see if Jerry fires Jason.

And hoping for a Falcons upset over the Saints. 

I'd be thankful for all that. 

I really liked Hockensen and Fant from Iowa so I was hoping we could have drafted either one.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Although it's time to hope the Bears start winning a couple games to hurt their already tiny draft capital, it's really best if the Lions win today.  The Lions currently have the 7th overall draft pick.  Can't risk letting them get ANOTHER top ten TE.  lololololololol.  Remember when everyone was calling me out about Hockensen's first game?  He's got 26 catches on the season.  Disclaimer: He'll probably turn out good to great, but I don't know why it's so hard to understand that yes, tight ends still have a very steep learning curve. 

Anyhoo, also hoping for a Bills win to see if Jerry fires Jason.

And hoping for a Falcons upset over the Saints. 

I'd be thankful for all that. 

I hope they lose out simply for the embarrassment of giving up a top 5-10 pick. 

• Like 1