Jump to content
Bobby816

Week 13: NY Jets vs Cincy Bengals

Recommended Posts

I was fairly certain we were going to lose this game. Between them being home, coming off a bye, and (a rejuvenated?) Dalton being inserted into the lineup were all part of the trap game recipe. Good teams are able to overcome these games, bad teams are not. You can point to coaching all you want, but bottom line is the players did not step up. You can say "we didn't run enough" or "we didn't run outside", but (1) Le'Veon is not an outside runner; and (2) there's not much he can do when the defenders are in the backfield within a second off the snap... The defense didn't show up, but they weren't the reason for the loss... Drops, penalties, and offensive line play did us in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I was fairly certain we were going to lose this game. Between them being home, coming off a bye, and (a rejuvenated?) Dalton being inserted into the lineup were all part of the trap game recipe. Good teams are able to overcome these games, bad teams are not. You can point to coaching all you want, but bottom line is the players did not step up. You can say "we didn't run enough" or "we didn't run outside", but (1) Le'Veon is not an outside runner; and (2) there's not much he can do when the defenders are in the backfield within a second off the snap... The defense didn't show up, but they weren't the reason for the loss... Drops, penalties, and offensive line play did us in. 

 

 

Do you agreed with this take? I couldn't really identify if it was true or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

 

 

Do you agreed with this take? I couldn't really identify if it was true or not. 

Hard to say. There were several drops (mainly Robby) that could have made a big difference in the game. Overall I think the finger cant be pointed in 1 direction. Everything in this game was a negative. There isn't 1 positive from this game on the field or coaching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Hard to say. There were several drops (mainly Robby) that could have made a big difference in the game. Overall I think the finger cant be pointed in 1 direction. Everything in this game was a negative. There isn't 1 positive from this game on the field or coaching.

I mostly agree but man this team has enough injuries this year to last the next 5 years. I haven't seen a team this injured maybe ever. We have back ups or worse playing at nearly every position. 

Edited by mattmanz91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I mostly agree but man this team has enough injuries this year to last the next 5 years. I haven't seen a team this injured maybe ever. We have back ups or worse playing at nearly every position. 

Lets be real though. Who if healthy is helping this team a ton. Our defense has been relatively pretty solid, so having Mosley and Williamson healthy would help, but not make a HUGE impact. On offense who have we lost that's a huge improvement? Herndon. Guy was getting hyped way to easy already. And the OL as a whole whether starters or backups was awful anyway. Enunwa like Herndon gets hyped way to easy as well.

 

This team has a talent issue and that's glaring. Its not injuries. We need talent. And mainly on offense. We need darn near a whole new WR group and a whole new OL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mattmanz91 said:

 

 

Do you agreed with this take? I couldn't really identify if it was true or not. 

I've long suspected Gase of being a great offensive mind albeit incredibly stubborn and it shows in his lack of in game adjustments. I brought it up in the Miami forum a while back and they all agreed. Hard to prove the accuracy of that last statement without really understanding Gases playbook.

Edited by NJC33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

I've long suspected Gase of being a great offensive mind albeit incredibly stubborn and it shows in his lack of in game adjustments. I brought it up in the Miami forum a while back and they all agreed. Hard to prove the accuracy of that last statement without really understanding Gases playbook.

His stubbornness is something I really hope he can overcome, at least a little bit ( I know optimistic). Some of best coaches in the league adjust their systems and hire assistant coaches to scheme around their players strengths. John Harbaugh is an excellent example of this. If Gase can do that he could potentially wind up being a pretty good coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mattmanz91 said:

His stubbornness is something I really hope he can overcome, at least a little bit ( I know optimistic). Some of best coaches in the league adjust their systems and hire assistant coaches to scheme around their players strengths. John Harbaugh is an excellent example of this. If Gase can do that he could potentially wind up being a pretty good coach.

Two issues: 1) Guys like Harbaugh are true CEO type Head-coaches, they are willing to delegate responsibilities to coordinators while they oversee the entire operation. Gase isn’t that guy and it’s unlikely he lets anyone influence his offensive schemes. 2) It’s supposedly a trait that drove Miami fans crazy and it doesn’t seem like he’s doing anything differently. 
 

We’ve seen what Gases offense can look like when it’s firing on all cylinders, and we’ve seen what it looks like when it’s  not - It’s not a recipe for sustainable success. The whole talent excuse goes out the window when we get blown out by teams like Miami/Cincy. 

Edit: Obviously I hope I’m wrong, and I understand why he’s being brought back, but it’s hard to take an objective look at his body of work to this point and feel optimistic. 

Edited by NJC33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JetsandI said:

nyjaward.gif

The Salvation Army is by far the best charitable organization, no people making $ 300,000 dollar a year in this organization. I make it a point to make cash donation twice a year, plus donate clothes a few times a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 9:32 AM, mattmanz91 said:

 

 

Do you agreed with this take? I couldn't really identify if it was true or not. 

I don't. Connor Rogers is part of the Joe Caparoso crowd of people who are somewhat entitled, they think they're smarter than everyone else, and will trash the team any chance they get. They both have been anti-Gase from the start, and they will jump at any chance they get to take out the pitchforks and criticize him. 

Gase's play-calling last week was no different than the weeks prior. The only thing I will blame him for is pace. We simply couldn't block, couldn't catch, kept getting inopportune penalties, and Sam wasn't Superman outside of the pocket the way he was against Oakland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are pointing fingers at anyone, it has to be at Greg Williams. I know he's working with practice squad players, but maybe you quit dropping Hewitt into coverage after the second time he's burned for a TD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

If we are pointing fingers at anyone, it has to be at Greg Williams. I know he's working with practice squad players, but maybe you quit dropping Hewitt into coverage after the second time he's burned for a TD.

And replace Hewitt with who?  We are not exactly deep at LB.  Right now any LB playing on this team is a liability in coverage.  I would probably rather see more 2 LB and 5 DB especially on passing downs.  Sadly, our best DB may not be playing this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

The Salvation Army is by far the best charitable organization, no people making $ 300,000 dollar a year in this organization. I make it a point to make cash donation twice a year, plus donate clothes a few times a year.

This award was edited by me.  I was just referring to Jets donating important win to the freaking winless team. Hence, their winning this award.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

I don't. Connor Rogers is part of the Joe Caparoso crowd of people who are somewhat entitled, they think they're smarter than everyone else, and will trash the team any chance they get. They both have been anti-Gase from the start, and they will jump at any chance they get to take out the pitchforks and criticize him. 

Gase's play-calling last week was no different than the weeks prior. The only thing I will blame him for is pace. We simply couldn't block, couldn't catch, kept getting inopportune penalties, and Sam wasn't Superman outside of the pocket the way he was against Oakland. 

Make an announcement when you get the job at NY-NJ sites or ESPN.B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×