Michael Thomas and the reception record

Elky

14 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

listen, im not arguing too much as ive already said 4 times now its a great season. I called it elite in another thread.

It does come with the smallest of asterisks with the way hes doing it. Calling it easier isnt the right word but its certainly less difficult than running the full route tree and running 20 yard outs etc, on a fairly regular basis. To a certain extent to catch he # of balls the thomas is or ab did for a couple years, or julio did for one, you have to run a lot of shorter routes, but this is just who thomas is period. at least with payton running the offense and brees at qb.

If it was that easy, Thomas wouldn't be the only one doing it. 

34 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

its why i specifically said easy wasnt the right word and settled on less difficult. which still may not be the best. 

and not everyone has a qb thats best suited for that type of wr and not everyone has thomas' skill set. so not, not every can do it, which was never even hinted at.

41 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Well not many other teams are force feeding their number 1 receiver. Ginn has 398 yards. Cook has 523. Kamara has 462.

Only one other player has more than 40 targets. Thomas has 1400 plus yards and almost 150 targets. 

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

Well not many other teams are force feeding their number 1 receiver. Ginn has 398 yards. Cook has 523. Kamara has 462.

Only one other player has more than 40 targets. Thomas has 1400 plus yards and almost 150 targets. 

Thomas has been far and away the best receiver on the Saints and, Kamara included, just about the only one worth throwing to for large parts of the season.

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

So what you're really saying is DC and Players are idiots for not taking away the 1 WR you need to stop on the Saints? Gotcha.

Not sure you're helping your case?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

its why i specifically said easy wasnt the right word and settled on less difficult. which still may not be the best. 

Then proceeded to put an asterisk by it.

The game has changed countless times since it started, every era plays with new rules and new advantages/disadvantages the older eras didn't have.  It's the way it's always gonna be, either all records get an asterisk or none.  

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Then proceeded to put an asterisk by it.

The game has changed countless times since it started, every era plays with new rules and new advantages/disadvantages the older eras didn't have.  It's the way it's always gonna be, either all records get an asterisk or none.  

yes, but the asterisk (and i believe i used the phrase "the smallest of asterisks") has nothing to do with era or rules.

5 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

yes, but the asterisk (and i believe i used the phrase "the smallest of asterisks") has nothing to do with era or rules.

Yes it has to do with the easier you don't really want to call easier, but you kinda do because you want an asterisk.

6 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yes it has to do with the easier you don't really want to call easier, but you kinda do because you want an asterisk.

which i explained why, and the only thing you could come up with was "if its so easy why doesnt everyone do it". the  yiu staryed talking about rules and era which was completley off topoc and im still unsure where it came from.

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

which i explained why, and the only thing you could come up with was "if its so easy why doesnt everyone do it". the  yiu staryed talking about rules and era which was completley off topoc and im still unsure where it came from.

You brought it up yourself in your first post, but admittedly I got your posts mixed up.

Thomas' style of play might lend itself to receptions, but that doesn't mean its easy or deserves an asterisk, which is essentially you saying it's easy without saying it's easy.

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I’m jealous that the Saints can force feed a receiver who’ll still catch 80% of his targets. He’s like a billionaire’s Marques Colston and people still have trouble perceiving someone like that as great.

This is just bs. Can you show me more than a few outliers who think Thomas is any worse than the 3rd best wr?

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

You brought it up yourself in your first post, but admittedly I got your posts mixed up.

Thomas' style of play might lend itself to receptions, but that doesn't mean its easy or deserves an asterisk, which is essentially you saying it's easy without saying it's easy.

I specifically went out of my way say it wasn’t easy. Why worry about little things like the truth though?