New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Comments like this kind of hurt your credibility...

Have you ever heard of the Black Sox?

Yes. Patriots used technology to have seven years worth of tape and won three Super Bowls with a huge assist to Spygate. I’m not gonna give all the credit to Spygate for their Super Bowls, but you’d be asinine to say it didn’t contribute. 

• Like 1

Just now, Norm said:

I'm not saying he benefits more or most. But he has the most accolades from any player during the dynasty. It's not some wild crazy thing that he won't come up most. That doesn't mean anyone in here doing that thinks a million others didn't benefit, if this is all real. We can have it both ways. Feels like you're trying to hard to make a nuanced argument when I think everyone agrees it is, it's just natural for Brady to come up most often, with BB.

But to punish Brady exclusively (as a player) sort of implies he is either complicit in the accused scandal or is the outright/biggest benefactor. If you’re not saying he is, then I don’t see why other players wouldn’t see consequences as well (not you, just in general). 

I’m not commenting on the issue itself, just the idea that a Brady punishment is warranted based on the facts that we know. You’d have to punish other players or none of them, if done fairly. Deflate gate makes sense because as much as a sham as I thought that was, he was at least personally implicated in it.

22 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Pats fans are doing quite the spin job on sites galore right now

They're not doing a great job either.

Only 8 minutes... You got caught, that's why.

They didn't work for us. ...Yeah, cheating by proxy after being caught is a good idea.

We had permission.... From the other team, and I doubt that implied either team's sideline.

They're horrible, why do it?   Exactly. Makes it look like you do this to all 31, no matter how lowly.

I'm sure there's more but that's what I've garnered so far. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

But to punish Brady exclusively (as a player) sort of implies he is either complicit in the accused scandal or is the outright/biggest benefactor. If you’re not saying he is, then I don’t see why other players wouldn’t see consequences as well (not you, just in general). 

I’m not commenting on the issue itself, just the idea that a Brady punishment is warranted based on the facts that we know. You’d have to punish other players or none of them, if done fairly. Deflate gate makes sense because as much as a sham as I thought that was, he was at least personally implicated in it.

That's a really fair point. I wasn't aware you meant specifically him being punished. I thought you just meant in the grand scheme of his legacy, that was my fault.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yes. Patriots used technology to have seven years worth of tape and won three Super Bowls with a huge assist to Spygate. I’m not gonna give all the credit to Spygate for their Super Bowls, but you’d be asinine to say it didn’t contribute. 

Dear lord. 

Im going to gloss over the “7 years worth of tape” comment because I’m not diving into that rabbit hole. 

But you’re equating something to give a team a major advantage to literally throwing championships for money. That’s not even close.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

That's a really fair point. I wasn't aware you meant specifically him being punished. I thought you just meant in the grand scheme of his legacy, that was my fault.

All good. 

Hopefully after Kraft and Belichick get public ally burned at the stake by the media/other fans, Brady doesn’t have to be waxed & feathered as well.

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Dear lord. 

Im going to gloss over the “7 years worth of tape” comment because I’m not diving into that rabbit hole. 

But you’re equating something to give a team a major advantage to literally throwing championships for money. That’s not even close.

The single incident is worse, yes, no dispute. But the Patriots was a 7 year long thing that used modern technology to literally cheat and gain a huge competitive advantage. If you include length, and the amount of championships it assisted, it was definitely the biggest cheating scandal of all time. The Black Sox was the biggest criminally illegal scandal of all time. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Dear lord. 

Im going to gloss over the “7 years worth of tape” comment because I’m not diving into that rabbit hole. 

Wait, are you trying to deny this? This comes from 90 sources including former Pat coaches, players, and front office personnel. This was all made public in 2015 by ESPN. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

They're not doing a great job either.

Only 8 minutes... You got caught, that's why.

They didn't work for us. ...Yeah, cheating by proxy after being caught is a good idea.

We had permission.... From the other team, and I doubt that implied either team's sideline.

They're horrible, why do it?   Exactly. Makes it look like you do this to all 31, me matter how lowly.

I'm sure there's more but that's what I've garnered so far.

Well, when your team,gets caught cheating and has a lengthy history of getting caught cheating... 

You know, desperate times, desperate measures. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The single incident is worse, yes, no dispute. But the Patriots was a 7 year long thing that used modern technology to literally cheat and gain a huge competitive advantage. If you include length, and the amount of championships it assisted, it was definitely the biggest cheating scandal of all time. The Black Sox was the biggest criminally illegal scandal of all time. 

And that’s going off an assumption, not a fact. The 7 years thing is an assumption that I will gladly do a 180 on with some sort of proof. I might as well assume the Sox have been throwing games for years too.

Even then there is hardly anything more scandalous than throwing games for money, sorry. 

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

And that’s going off an assumption, not a fact. The 7 years thing is an assumption that I will gladly do a 180 on with some sort of proof. I might as well assume the Sox have been throwing games for years too.

Even then there is hardly anything more scandalous than throwing games for money, sorry. 

ESPN interviewed 90 different sources including Pats Former Coaches, Front Office, Players, and other Neutral Parties around the league. All 90 just had the exact same story....? All 90 lied and said it was going on 7 years? Did all 90 of them just have a meeting beforehand “F our old boss”? Come on man, be realistic here. 

They also were caught filming in 2006 against Green Bay. That is a 100% fact. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

Just now, BayRaider said:

ESPN interviewed 90 different sources including Pats Former Coaches, Front Office, Players, and other Neutral Parties around the league. All 90 just had the exact same story....? All 90 said it was going on 7 years? Did all 90 of them just have a meeting beforehand “F our old boss”? Come on man, be realistic here. 

They also were caught filming in 2006 against Green Bay. That is a 100% fact. 

He’s a pats fan in Denial, like talking to a brick wall.

• Like 2

I don’t get why Pats fans don’t just lean into being the villains instead of playing the victim all the time. It’s neither fun for you guys nor endearing to anyone else.

You’re the wrestling heels. You distract the refs and pull out the steel chairs. That’s a lot more fun. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 2