New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

ESPN interviewed 90 different sources including Pats Former Coaches, Front Office, Players, and other Neutral Parties around the league. All 90 just had the exact same story....? All 90 lied and said it was going on 7 years? Did all 90 of them just have a meeting beforehand “F our old boss”? Come on man, be realistic here. 

They also were caught filming in 2006 against Green Bay. That is a 100% fact. 

Yeah, I’m going to accuse you of not actually reading that article and pandering to the headline. Is there a section that said “all 90 had the same story” or anything close to that? In fact, the article contradicts itself on more than one occasion. One source says the Pats benefitted from Adams’ decoding of stolen signals, another says Adams was horrible at it and never got the calls right. At least accurately depict what’s being said. 

Going off track, as I specifically said I didn’t want to dive down this rabbit hole. You’re delusional if throwing games for money is below taping signals (the Astros are being accused of the same thing, for that matter). Calling it the biggest scandal in sports history is a stretch. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Wait, I always thought Yin Yang was a Chief fan?

If he’s a Pat fan then yes, no point here. 

Yes, right. Shall I dismiss your opinions and just assume you’re salty over the tuck-rule? I feel I’ve been pretty reasonable ITT, but I suppose it’s just easier to throw out any opinion that opposes your own. 

@Yin-Yang Yes the Astros are being accused of the same thing and have a real commissioner that is going to ban Hinch for one full season on first offense 100% guaranteed. 

As for the Tuck Rule, not at all. Brady even admitted a month or two ago during the Patriot departure headlines that it was 100% a fumble and already full tucked backed in, therefore the tuck rule doesn’t apply. (Video clear as day). Truth always comes out later, just like Kenny Stabler admitted 20 years later the holy roller was intentional. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

@Yin-Yang Yes the Astros are being accused of the same thing and have a real commissioner that is going to ban Hinch for one full season on first offense 100% guaranteed. 

So you’re saying it’s the biggest scandal in sports history, yet another team is in the process of doing it. Makes sense. ;)

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

As for the Tuck Rule, not at all. Brady even admitted a month or two ago during the Patriot departure headlines that it was 100% a fumble and already full tucked backed in, therefore the tuck rule doesn’t apply. (Video clear as day). Truth always comes out later, just like Kenny Stabler admitted 20 years later the holy roller was intentional. 

You missed the point. I’m not throwing out your opinion on the assumption that you’re biased, like you’re apparently doing. 

”Well Pats fans are biased here, let’s not listen to them. Raiders fans are probably salty too over the tuck rule, they’re out. Eagles fans, Panthers fans, Seahawks fans, Falcons fans, and Rams fans are salty, they’re out. Steelers too. Jets, Bills, Dolphins - safe to say biased. Chiefs got knocked out in the AFCCG last season, they should probably be dismissed. Saints fans are jealous because Brady vs Brees. Same with Packers. Lions, Browns, Cardinals, Jaguars, Bengals, Texans, jealous of the rings. Cowboys are are concerned they might not have the most championships for a franchise. Colts fans remember the Brady vs Manning days. Chargers remember 07...So only fans of the Bears, Titans, Broncos, Ravens, Skins, Buccaneers, and 49ers are allowed to comment on anything Patriots related.”

$50 says they'll be given a slap on the wrist again like they always are. Bob Kraft must sleep with Goodell's daughter or some ish to be caught cheating this much and still be given a slap on the wrist.

Wheras if this were the NCAA, they'd be out of the league by now and banned for the rest of the year in 2007.

1st of all I understand that Bill Bellichick denied knowledge of this, buteven if he really did know about it do we really think that he would openly admit it?

I'm sorry but given their past if it is found and it sounds like a has been that there was wrong doing serious consequences need to be taken against this organization you cannot keep having things like this pop up and not take it extremely seriously. Someone said before that you risk illegitimize in the last 10 years if you do something too serious well doesn't the same team getting caught at least 3 times cheating within the last 10 years sort of illegitimize the last 10 years of their success? Because you will find yourself wondering how many times they did it without getting caught. Maybe this is an over reaction but does this organization actually deserve better than these over reactions considering what they've been accused of and punished for in the past? I don't give a damn  What side of the fence you stand on with inflate gate The fact of the matter is something happened involving a member of the patriot organization  And they punish an individual they fell should have been aware of the situation I don't think that is where they should have stopped I feel like the officials that handled that football should have been fired I think a lot of things in that situation should have happened that did not happen and in this situation, It is about the integrity of the game.

You took the liberty of suspending a guy for the entire season or rather what was remaining of it for hitting up another player with a helmet because of the integrity of the game that is a pretty serious action. Cheating is also detrimental to the integrity of the game it requires an equally serious action.

46 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

At far is the tuck rule it was always gonna come out when Brady with near the end. Maybe I'm wrong but I think no matter how this season turns out for the patriots this could be Tom Bradys final season but I don't think that he is the only order quarterback that is going to walk away.

MLB is going to do the right thing and it is what Roger Goodell should do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

I love the “SB’s are not valid to me” Ok, cool. History Books still say 6, so do those Lombardi Trophys

Fine.  Just know that every time people debate who the best QB or coach of all-time is these cheating scandals will always be brought up to diminish Belichick and Brady.

Tom Brady and Bill Belichick legacies are forever damaged by these scandals.

49 minutes ago, VanS said:

Fine.  Just know that every time people debate who the best QB or coach of all-time is these cheating scandals will always be brought up to diminish Belichick and Brady.

You should make a thread about it...

2 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Could it be they tried it on the Bengals to see if it worked before they did it on more quality opponent and if they got caught they could use the “they are 1-12” excuse

I mentioned this as a trial method and then go from there.

Ironically, why did the NFL  :

1. allow the pats to film any team on their schedule this year as well as next year? 

2. did the NFL actually have a neutral party with them as all this recording  this all occurred?

3. did the NFL have a neutral party control the footage?

I would say it's time for goodell to get fired for even allowing this , start with that if there is something wrong with what happened. 

45 minutes ago, HolmesPriest said:

Good thing Bill and Roger are good friends and they can just kill the old footage

goodell should be gone anyways

47 minutes ago, HolmesPriest said:

for the 100th season they are putting Bill on their shows and showing who they decide who the best ever are. They should just give it all up. How rude it is to have these guys cheating AGAIN.

it is a mockery thats for sure.  Some of the players probably refused to go to the table and listen to BB and colinsworth. 

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

$50 says they'll be given a slap on the wrist again like they always are. Bob Kraft must sleep with Goodell's daughter or some ish to be caught cheating this much and still be given a slap on the wrist.

Wheras if this were the NCAA, they'd be out of the league by now and banned for the rest of the year in 2007.

the NFL might be the lowest of all the major sports leagues.  They command mega stadiums while the players from the past have no medical and are in bad shape because of the game.  The commissioner is the worst, that much we can all agree on.

1 hour ago, VanS said:

They might have won a few anyways, what's wrong with that?  Some people though, need more, or like the thrill of testing the rules. The part that really isn't fair is that the teams that lost during the cheating years all lost by a last second FG (not a convincing win) and they were possibly robbed. How they must feel about the pats when all that was leaked out?

1 hour ago, VanS said:

Except everyone I talk to mentions Tom and Bill as the greatest. 

@3rivers Goodell could care less about cheating, his main goal is to protect the brand. That’s all he cares about. If he knew this whole time Pats were cheating but the media didn’t know, he would of just looked the other way. But if this story starts getting a ton of media traction, expect a pretty big investigation. 

I agree Goodell has to go. He is only there to lace the owners pockets with money. They love him. 

The integrity of the sport must be kept at all times. Without integrity there is nothing. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1