Meme Mafia - Town - (minus Mwil) wins

Matts4313

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

The first post was was a few minutes after I first noticed. I was going over the OP to look at players I hadn’t seen yet. I couldn’t remember if I saw him or not so I went to his post history. He was viewing the thread. 

then I posted about how there was a few people hiding, each subsequent post is a continuation from that with him still in the thread. 

then when he gave his list, it was completely manufactured. He chose those names because they were naturally tied to an excuse. 

How long was he viewing the thread?   10 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour?

There were a good number of other players "hiding" as you are stating here.  you tagged almost 50% of the players, yet did not post any of the others that were hiding?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

You will often rip on Orca or Pickle for not voting each other on Day 1,

No, I rip them for backing each other even when they’re obviously scum. See: Orca as scum 2 games ago and Pickle defending him.

how is your stance with touch any different?

I don’t vote him/Malf/SwAg/Dome day 1 as they’re IMO the best players, so rolling the dice on losing them as Town that early isn’t worth the risk IMO.

11 minutes ago, Dome said:

I'm not sold it has to be a town move. If you're scum you want to play that card early IMO, I know that i wouldn't have played that card that early if I was town. 

I'd wait until it was getting close to a lynch I didn't like... yeah it might make you look like you're saving someone, but if this is your only move and you're trying to save a mislynch, it doesn't matter anyways.

Playing it this early, especially with a good player like touch, is essentially a 1-shot vigilante.

I think he's scum and wanted to get his civ-looking move out there asap. Picking an easy target like Llama doesn't get many second looks.

Also, llama is town. So. 

I had the move a couple games ago and never used it.  

This is factual wrong on a couple fronts

You were scum in domes western game and he used the duel to defeat you. Fact

I also didn’t read llama as scum based upon his answer and read llama more as a newbie. Fact

Ive never seen duelist as a scum power. Fact (That doesn’t mean that it’s always that way)

5 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

The first post was was a few minutes after I first noticed. I was going over the OP to look at players I hadn’t seen yet. I couldn’t remember if I saw him or not so I went to his post history. He was viewing the thread. 

then I posted about how there was a few people hiding, each subsequent post is a continuation from that with him still in the thread. 

then when he gave his list, it was completely manufactured. He chose those names because they were naturally tied to an excuse. 

Was it you or Dome in the last two scum chats I was in (probably dome) that told me this was a cheap way to play? 

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

How long was he viewing the thread?   10 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour?

There were a good number of other players "hiding" as you are stating here.  you tagged almost 50% of the players, yet did not post any of the others that were hiding?

Altogether I believe it was at least 20 minutes. I’m on my phone or id check the time stamps. It was roughly 5 minutes before that first post when I first saw it. 

Hadn’t gotten that far. Then I saw what I believe to be a scum response and jumped on it. 

Just now, theuntouchable said:

Altogether I believe it was at least 20 minutes. I’m on my phone or id check the time stamps. It was roughly 5 minutes before that first post when I first saw it. 

Hadn’t gotten that far. Then I saw what I believe to be a scum response and jumped on it. 

I did check the same thing after I knew that was a thing. About a 15 minute interval still viewing with no response.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

No, I rip them for backing each other even when they’re obviously scum. See: Orca as scum 2 games ago and Pickle defending him.

So you are backing someone on Day 1 similar to how Orca and pickle will back each other on Day 1.  I am not interested in a discussion beyond Day 1 for the current discussion.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don’t vote him/Malf/SwAg/Dome day 1 as they’re IMO the best players, so rolling the dice on losing them as Town that early isn’t worth the risk IMO.

All the more reason for Touch to potentially use this on Day1.   Can lead to an easy mis lynch and a way to have mafia easily slide past with votes with only 2 options....and as you are stating the case, "I won't vote Touch on day, he is too good for town to lose"

• Like 1