2017-18 Offseason Talk

Glen

I’m so excited for this season. The Warriors didn’t really have any serious challengers last season. But I think the Thunder and Wolves have the talent to make things interesting against them this season. Still, the Warriors going into their 2nd season with Durant should be even better then last season.

Just now, Darkness said:

I’m a Warriors/Curry fan, so yes

Got it. It's not even a contest. Curry is better than Westbrook is every aspect of basketball except rebounding and athleticism. Even scoring in the paint I'd have to think hard since Curry is so lethal around the rim.

1 minute ago, Darkness said:

I’m so excited for this season. The Warriors didn’t really have any serious challengers last season. But I think the Thunder and Wolves have the talent to make things interesting against them this season. Still, the Warriors going into their 2nd season with Durant should be even better then last season.

Spurs and Rockets would keep it more interesting than the T-Puppies. 

Also it's really the Pels you gotta worry about iyam tbh imo

1 minute ago, Spartica4Real said:

Spurs and Rockets would keep it more interesting than the T-Puppies. 

Also it's really the Pels you gotta worry about iyam tbh imo

The Wolves could do to the Warriors what the Warriors did to the Spurs in '13 I believe. Tie it 2 games a piece and gain a ton of respect around the league. But the Warriors would still probably blow them out the final two games.

The Wolves won't stand a chance against the Warriors this year unless Towns and Wiggins improve defensively. Still the West is going to be a bloodbath and it's going to be super fun. I also second that Curry is so much better than Westbrook it's not fair.

54 minutes ago, Darkness said:

Chances the Cavs are better then last season? I think it’s possible should IT return to form 

I think they are. Kyrie is the Warriors killer, but they got a lot deeper and now have someone to guard KD while LeBron could guard Green. Offensively they were predictable but damn near unstoppable, especially late in the series. But defensively? Not so much. And all their additions minus Crowder don't really help out in that area. Could they be that great offensively to still overcome it? Don't think so, but possibly.

I'm not buying the Cavs are better until I see it in the postseason.  The east is so bad and watered down that the Cavs will look fantastic against most teams and still have a great record.  Wait until they play the Warriors in the Finals again with a 5'9" guard and revisit this question again.  

1 hour ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Got it. It's not even a contest. Curry is better than Westbrook is every aspect of basketball except rebounding and athleticism. Even scoring in the paint I'd have to think hard since Curry is so lethal around the rim.

Curry is much better around the rim.  That's not a question either.

I definitely think the Cavs are better if IT gets healthy.

Timberwolves will disappoint unless they improve their shooting.

2 hours ago, Darkness said:

Chances the Cavs are better then last season? I think it’s possible should IT return to form 

It’s not IT that makes them better than last year. It’s the depth they added. If they can cut down Lebrons minutes and the bumps he takes during the regular season that alone makes them better than last year. 

26 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

the Wolves are definitely losing in the 1st round

TBH I don’t think they make the playoffs. Butler isn’t good enough to carry a team. Wiggins is all talent no brain/heart, Teague is the most average player in the league. Towns will need to improve a lot on defense. 

Archived