2017-18 Offseason Talk

Glen

4 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

Boogie for Kyrie

I completely doubt it. Boogie is the better player, and we actually have a good shot at re-signing him while we wouldn't with Kyrie. Plus Kyrie doesn't want to get overshadowed apparently and that's exactly what would happen under AD. If we're involved in the trade it's gotta be as the 3rd team, unless of course you could get Kyrie without giving up Boogie but... you can't. 

1 minute ago, Spartica4Real said:

I completely doubt it. Boogie is the better player, and we actually have a good shot at re-signing him while we wouldn't with Kyrie. Plus Kyrie doesn't want to get overshadowed apparently and that's exactly what would happen under AD.

What makes you say they have a good shot of re-signing him? And Kyrie would have full control of the offense in New Orleans.

I saw Adam Silver say that Seattle would be "on the short list" of cities for possible expansion.

Other than Seattle, what other cities do you guys feel would be on that list?

I've always though Nashville would be a good city to carry an NBA franchise. 

24 minutes ago, champ11 said:

So I actually think the Allen Crabbe move was bad for the Nets. What do you guys think 

Depends on if you think the Nets could attract free agents.  Doesn't seem like they are a prime target right now, so they're willing to accept some meh contracts with decent players to provide something worth watching on the court.  I mean the team doesn't look too bad.  Could possibly compete for a playoff spot in the east, 

2 hours ago, champ11 said:

So I actually think the Allen Crabbe move was bad for the Nets. What do you guys think 

i mean yeah ignoring the "trade", they just basically gave crabbe 3/~57 in a market where that's not even seen as reasonable anymore.

i dont get how they didn't get value for taking on that contract especially considering the financial landscape among teams for next offseason. 

was a misstep for them iyam. 

25 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

i mean yeah ignoring the "trade", they just basically gave crabbe 3/~57 in a market where that's not even seen as reasonable anymore.

i dont get how they didn't get value for taking on that contract especially considering the financial landscape among teams for next offseason. 

was a misstep for them iyam. 

yeah he's frankly a very meh player and i understand that they got better, but i think that cap space was more valuable despite the fact that they aren't a FA destination. Felt like the Carroll deal wasn't great either even though they are doing what they can and I respect that.

I'm upset they saved Portland from their own stupidity for free pretty much. I'm sure the league is not happy with them for letting that squad outta the luxury tax

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

yeah he's frankly a very meh player and i understand that they got better, but i think that cap space was more valuable despite the fact that they aren't a FA destination. Felt like the Carroll deal wasn't great either even though they are doing what they can and I respect that.

I'm upset they saved Portland from their own stupidity for free pretty much. I'm sure the league is not happy with them for letting that squad outta the luxury tax

Could've been like one of a few teams w/ money to throw at guys and they're getting rid of that opportunity for like nothing. At least w/ Carroll they got picks, they just erased 18m in cap space for a real solid bench guy. I was alright w/ Carroll, but w/o getting any additional value makes it way harder to justify these kind of moves as good ones. If we're being real, Crabbe (in the current climate) is a ~8m guy? Probably would've got something like that this offseason? Why you would take on ~18m for 3 years w/ no added value in that deal? Banana's iyam. 

But yeah like you're saying, kudos to PRX for bailing themselves out on part of the top 3 silly offseason's in the last 5 years. That sentence probably doesn't make sense, but f it. 

Archived