2017-18 Offseason Talk

Glen

On 7/28/2017 at 3:49 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

Why is that a surprise? He's shown next to nothing during his time in the league.

He's one of the best perimeter defenders in the history of college basketball.  You'd think some team could use him as a role player off the bench.  He could be the next Patrick Beverley.  

By our metric, the five most statistically efficient seasons of the 21st century are the past five Rockets seasons, almost exactly in chronological order.

https://theringer.com/inefficiency-week-nba-teams-efficient-shots-michael-jordan-wizards-c64c94a0c51b

They ranked all of the offenses of every team the last 20 years in terms of efficiency and the MJ Wizards were the least efficient. Also the KG Wolves had 3 of the 5 least efficient years.

28 minutes ago, Darkness said:

The Warriors offense has clearly been better then the Rockets every season during Kerr's tenure as HC, making that metric garbage

I skimmed it but I think it was calculated by where they shot, not if the shot went in. So what teams took the most efficient shots, hence why the Rockets came out on top. 

4 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I skimmed it but I think it was calculated by where they shot, not if the shot went in. So what teams took the most efficient shots, hence why the Rockets came out on top. 

Oh. Dumb metric if that's the case. It's common knowledge that the Rockets offense has consisted almost entirely of 3 pointers and shots in the paint with Harden leading, even when that style of offense fit poorly with the construction of the roster. 

Archived