Week 2 Texans @ Bengals

MrCincinnati

Well... I don't really even know where to begin.

First thing, the offensive line wasn't THAT bad tonight. No, not great, or even good... but it was okay-ish.

Special teams were fantastic. The defense was very good outside of one busted play. Unfortunately, giving up one backbreaking play per game has became their M.O.

I've came around on Dalton in recent years, but something is wrong with him. He's always been a guy who has had happy feet in the pocket, but he's also played behind a good offensive line and had a good coordinator for most of his career. He no longer has either, and the results have been horrendous. He is panicking on virtually every pass and the weak OL has clearly gotten in his head. He's missing easy throws now and his decision making has been putrid. It's becoming more and more obvious that Dalton just isn't capable of playing well unless he is in an ideal situation (good coordinator, good offensive line, good skill players). He's missing two of those three ingredients and we're seeing that he just isn't a guy who is going to win you a game by himself.

Zampese is ******* clueless as an OC and is easily the worst we've had since Brat. He should have been fired yesterday, but remember, this is the Bengals. They don't make bold moves.

The reality is this is the team we're stuck with. It's a potentially very good defense with Burfict but the OL issues aren't going away. Whitworth and Zeitler aren't coming back, and Zampese isn't about to get fired. We're going to play in a lot of low scoring games and are likely looking at a 6-10 type season. We're going to GB next week - there's another loss. 0-3 teams don't make the playoffs.

The reality is wholesale changes are needed. The Bengals have grown stale. Marv has had two different eras as Cincy's coach (Palmer/Chad and Dalton/Green) and he's accomplished little with both. I give the guy credit for changing the culture here, but the writing is on the wall - it's just not going to happen. It's time to move on. Unless he miraculously turns this season around (don't hold your breath), he likely isn't coming back next year. A new coach will come in - the big question is will he have the opportunity to clean house, or will Mike insist on trying it again with the old gang? I suspect the latter.

I had high hopes for this season. Weak schedule, a promising draft, team was pretty healthy going into the opener, etc. I never dreamed we'd start 0-2 with two games at homes. But, here we are. And given what's ahead (at Green Bay), it looks like the season may be over before it ever began.

It's a shame. Feels like it's going to be a wasted year of some of our best guys' primes.

5 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

AJ Green making comments I've never heard him make before 

Good. He should be angry. They should all be angry. I'd rather they blast each other/coaches/ownership/hot dog vendors/etc. before they give you the standard "we just gotta get back to work" BS cliche answers the coaches are going to give you.

Pacman not holding back either. Maybe these guys realize what we all do - way too much damn talent to be this ******* bad.

Archived