Week 2 Texans @ Bengals

MrCincinnati

I've had a vision guys.

Start the season 0-3 (lol next week will be a bloodbath lololol).  Pull one out against the Browns, lose to the Bills.  1-4.  Limp their way to a 2-6 start.  Then things finally start to click, they end the season 5-3 for a 7-9 finish.  Marvin is re-upped for another year.  Cincinnati is lit on fire.

I know everyone hates Andy Dalton right now, and he's played two pretty bad games.  But i think it's pretty short sighted to think he's going to play like this all year.  That would be a pretty bad bombing out of a career.  Like the worst the NFL has ever seen.  Better days are coming.  Unfortunately for you guys, you'll see it as costing you a high draft pick and it'll just enrage you further.

Me?  I'll be the pole barn.:D

7 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Special teams was great. Geno was great. The rest was trash. Fire Alexander. Fire Zampese immediately 

The whole defense played great.  The only time they looked bad was when Marvin and Guenther call a zone on third and long.  Watson beat them for a TD when the LBs were ten yards off the ball, and darn near did it again late on 3rd and 18 on the drive they got the last field goal.  Same play-calling that killed them for years.

7 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

The whole defense played great.  The only time they looked bad was when Marvin and Guenther call a zone on third and long.  Watson beat them for a TD when the LBs were ten yards off the ball, and darn near did it again late on 3rd and 18 on the drive they got the last field goal.  Same play-calling that killed them for years.

They've always had problems containing running QB's on 3rd downs.  The DE's go upfield, so does Geno, and the QB just has one LB to beat to the edge.  Rinse and repeat.

There was one play last night where Jordan Willis kept contain and chased Watson to the sideline for a 1 yard gain.  I think it was a 1st or 2nd down, but still.  I thought, is that what that's supposed to look like?

9 minutes ago, theJ said:

They've always had problems containing running QB's on 3rd downs.  The DE's go upfield, so does Geno, and the QB just has one LB to beat to the edge.  Rinse and repeat.

There was one play last night where Jordan Willis kept contain and chased Watson to the sideline for a 1 yard gain.  I think it was a 1st or 2nd down, but still.  I thought, is that what that's supposed to look like?

It doesn't help that we can't take the ball away.  Dennard let an easy pick 6 go through his hands, and Jones nearly got another pick.  Somebody has to make those.

2 hours ago, theJ said:

I know everyone hates Andy Dalton right now, and he's played two pretty bad games.  But i think it's pretty short sighted to think he's going to play like this all year.  That would be a pretty bad bombing out of a career.  Like the worst the NFL has ever seen.  Better days are coming.  Unfortunately for you guys, you'll see it as costing you a high draft pick and it'll just enrage you further.

Me?  I'll be the pole barn.:D

This has happened before.  QBs hit a wall or are broken by bad offensive lines.  See Matt Schaub, Jake Delhomme, Marc Bulger, etc...  Dalton isn't better than any of those guys.  His fall will be similar.  It's just a matter of how long we stick with him.  We know the offensive line stinks and it'll probably be 2 years at least until we can fix it.  We need to get a QB that doesn't fold so easily under pressure...

15 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

So lost in all this is that Boyd was a healthy scratch.  Should have just traded him in the offense for a guy that took a snap once at center.  Would have been more useful.

Don't get me wrong I like Boyd, he's just wasted on this coaching staff...

Last report i've seen is that he had a hamstring injury.  Did you see something different?

Archived