GDT: Texans (8-5) @ Titans -3 (8-5)

ragevsuall17

13 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

The playoffs to me are not looking good at all. Ravens win this week and lock up the #1 seed and get to sit their starters against the Steelers week 17. Steelers face the worthless Jets this week and Houston gets lucky to face the Bucs without Godwin and Evans. Not good odds at all IMO.

nobody to blame but ourselves

37 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

nobody to blame but ourselves

Indeed this what happens when you don’t make it a QB competition from the beginning & play the better of the 2, this what happens when you start the season off constantly splitting carries between Henry & Lewis after Henry proved last season that this offense should go through him & he’s a workhorse type of back. Vrabel is too smart for his own good, he really needs to be held accountable going into year 3. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Indeed this what happens when you don’t make it a QB competition from the beginning & play the better of the 2, this what happens when you start the season off constantly splitting carries between Henry & Lewis after Henry proved last season that this offense should go through him & he’s a workhorse type of back. Vrabel is too smart for his own good, he really needs to be held accountable going into year 3. 

Who knows what RT would've been like if he started right away. He could've been great or he could've had some immediate growing pains.

We should've beaten Indy and Buffalo, for sure. No reason to take Henry out of the game in the 4th against Indy when he was gashing them and no reason we should've lost to Buffalo...even with Mariota.

12 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Who knows what RT would've been like if he started right away. He could've been great or he could've had some immediate growing pains.

Even with the growing pains there's no way in hell he would have been worse than Mariota. I think everyone's heard it by now but the reports were that he just looked better than him in training camp. Should have been a competition like some have already said on here.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Even with the growing pains there's no way in hell he would have been worse than Mariota. I think everyone's heard it by now but the reports were that he just looked better than him in training camp. Should have been a competition like some have already said on here.

Exactly, vrabel as a HC just for some reason enjoys making it hard on the team. Like even the WR by committee approach he was doing earlier I remember games Tajae was getting more snaps than AJ & certain packages he takes Davis off the field, & not to mention we payed a slot WR 9 mill to be a blocker 

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

perhaps, but that doesn't necessarily mean we do/don't start the season 2-4. Do we do better? Perhaps. But even with Mariota, the Indy/Buffalo games should've been victories.

Mariota didn't pull Henry in the 4th qtr against Indy. Art Smith did. Mariota didn't miss 4 kicks against Buffalo. Cairo Santos did.

• Like 1

The Colts game is the one I look at and think would’ve been a definite win with Tannehill, it’s the only early loss I recall where the QB play was the major detriment, and given how close it was, there’s no way we lose it with RT. Which, even if that’s the only difference, that would’ve left us only needing one more win to clinch a playoff spot.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

The Colts game is the one I look at and think would’ve been a definite win with Tannehill, it’s the only early loss I recall where the QB play was the major detriment, and given how close it was, there’s no way we lose it with RT. Which, even if that’s the only difference, that would’ve left us only needing one more win to clinch a playoff spot.

would've been a definite win if we kept in Henry and if any of our defensive players actually wrapped up Brissett, as well. We allowed way too many drives to be extended because we couldn't tackle Jacoby.

Mariota was awful. But we did so many little things poorly that game.

Just now, titans0021 said:

Assuming Houston wins, there’s absolutely no reason to play Henry on Sunday.

I heard this on the radio too,

But I am missing something? If we  just beat the Saints and the Steelers lose out, we will be 9-7 and they will be 8-8.  We'd get the last WC spot?