GDT: Texans (8-5) @ Titans -3 (8-5)

ragevsuall17

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Crash course Janoris is better than some of the bums we had out there.

Man asking Logan to play outside is painful sims can’t cover neither can Tye, Adoree can cover but he’s injured & he doesn’t have the ball skills of Janoris he already has 4 int & his beef with the giants DC is they wouldn’t let him travel & shadow the best WR 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

depends on how you define impact player, but i don't think he's ever going to be a miller/mack type guy. and that's fine, he's a good player. the problem right now is that there is not a single other player on our defensive front who is even remotely effective rushing the passer, so you just double landry all day and kill our pass rush. casey has fallen off a cliff, simmons isn't quite there yet, and we've got a bunch of nobodies on the other edge.

I don’t think Landry is getting doubled as much as people are acting like. Right now all he gets are cheap spot sacks and rarely makes splash plays. 
he’s not good enough to warrant double teams. 

6 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I don’t think Landry is getting doubled as much as people are acting like. Right now all he gets are cheap spot sacks and rarely makes splash plays. 
he’s not good enough to warrant double teams. 

I don't think that's quite true. I saw him getting doubled by the tackle and RB quite a few times today. Idk about the whole season, but it happened more than a few times today.

To speak on a couple positives, I thought Tannehill played a really good game today, which is nice to see in a playoff-atmosphere type of game. He wasn't the 80% completion, 10 ypa Tannehill from the past few weeks, but he played at a high level and statistically probably would have had another 110+ QB rating if Firkser holds on to the ball, giving him a 3rd TD and taking away the INT. Had a few drops from receivers today too. If this is the Tannehill we consistently get(because we all knew we weren't getting the Tannehill before on a consistent basis, no QB can pull that off), I'm comfortable with giving him a long term deal. Hopefully that is the sign of things to come with him as our QB.

I thought the o-line pass blocked well today too. Tannehill was sacked twice, but one was a coverage sack and the other sack on the last play of regulation, Davis just got beat. But even DAvis played better outside of that snap today.

The most encouraging thing about this season, if all else holds, is Tannehill could very well be the franchise QB. I really hope what we saw today is what Tannehill's norm is going to be.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

To speak on a couple positives, I thought Tannehill played a really good game today, which is nice to see in a playoff-atmosphere type of game. He wasn't the 80% completion, 10 ypa Tannehill from the past few weeks, but he played at a high level and statistically probably would have had another 110+ QB rating if Firkser holds on to the ball, giving him a 3rd TD and taking away the INT. Had a few drops from receivers today too. If this is the Tannehill we consistently get(because we all knew we weren't getting the Tannehill before on a consistent basis, no QB can pull that off), I'm comfortable with giving him a long term deal. Hopefully that is the sign of things to come with him as our QB.

I thought the o-line pass blocked well today too. Tannehill was sacked twice, but one was a coverage sack and the other sack on the last play of regulation, Davis just got beat. But even DAvis played better outside of that snap today.

The most encouraging thing about this season, if all else holds, is Tannehill could very well be the franchise QB. I really hope what we saw today is what Tannehill's norm is going to be.

Agreed, I was happy with most everything today, save for that fluke interception and the CB play. I really undersold how bad off we are without Adoree. We really need to get some depth at CB this offseason.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

I am looking forward to next season because of this. 

Tanny and AJ Brown, adding hopefully a defensive playmaker.

Things could be a lot worst for us this year.

We are in the hunt which is always nice. I like how Arthur is seeing the talent on the team. Giving the ball to jonnu out the back field was a big surprise. 

Keep building on this and next year I will expect a deep playoff run. 

• Like 1

I’m just really frustrated in how much of punks we looked like for most of the game on D. Got absolutely blown off the LOS and barely pressured Watson. 

other than the splash plays by Vaccaro and Simmons/Brown on the INTs, it was a pathetic performance from our defense imo

7 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Agreed, I was happy with most everything today, save for that fluke interception and the CB play. I really undersold how bad off we are without Adoree. We really need to get some depth at CB this offseason.

Important to note we're missing Butler as well. If you lose your top two CBs, and they're also your two outside corners, it's gonna sting pretty bad. Sims is a solid #4 guy but when you have to ask him to cover Hopkins or Fuller you're asking a ton.

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

I’m just really frustrated in how much of punks we looked like for most of the game on D. Got absolutely blown off the LOS and barely pressured Watson. 

other than the splash plays by Vaccaro and Simmons/Brown on the INTs, it was a pathetic performance from our defense imo

They gave up 24 points. And one of the touchdowns started around the ten yard line. Idk how much more you can ask of them. They werent great, but they weren't getting bullied either. Mercilus doesn't get that lucky pick, or if Ryan Succop isn't absolute trash we have a real good chance of winning.

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Important to note we're missing Butler as well. If you lose your top two CBs, and they're also your two outside corners, it's gonna sting pretty bad. Sims is a solid #4 guy but when you have to ask him to cover Hopkins or Fuller you're asking a ton.

Which is why next week I'm not too confident. 

Their wr talent plus Kamara out the back field.  

We are gonna need to score with them and hope for a mistake by then on special teams or running the ball. Can't expect Brees to make a mistake. 

8 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

They gave up 24 points. And one of the touchdowns started around the ten yard line. Idk how much more you can ask of them. They werent great, but they weren't getting bullied either. Mercilus doesn't get that lucky pick, or if Ryan Succop isn't absolute trash we have a real good chance of winning.

I'd ask them to come up with a stop late in the game with our season more or less on the line.

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Which is why next week I'm not too confident. 

Their wr talent plus Kamara out the back field.  

We are gonna need to score with them and hope for a mistake by then on special teams or running the ball. Can't expect Brees to make a mistake. 

I'm hopeful Adoree is back, but I'm honestly not even sure what his exact injury is so I dunno how likely that is.

I think we have a decent shot regardless. We're not going to stumble over ourselves on offense like we did today too often, assuming things keep up the status quo that they've been under Tannehill.

Offense played well enough to put up 31 points today. ARguably 34 if you have a better kicker and you kick a FG instead of faking the punt.

Pees will scheme up a stop of two just like he did today. It's just the offense doesn't have a ton of margin for error with this mash unit defense we put on the field.

Edited by TitanLegend
  • Like 1

Well the crowd was into it today but I doubt they do it next week. Gonna be a lot of saints fans in the building. 

We missed a chance to really get the city in a frenzy. 

Things were pretty hype here for most part. I've seen a lot of car flags and people talking. 

But now that mojo is likely gone. 

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Well the crowd was into it today but I doubt they do it next week. Gonna be a lot of saints fans in the building. 

We missed a chance to really get the city in a frenzy. 

Things were pretty hype here for most part. I've seen a lot of car flags and people talking. 

But now that mojo is likely gone. 

stadium didn't even look close to filled, though