Xbox Series X

showtime

59 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This is a cool review. I wasn't aware you could play your old xbox games on this dating back to the OG xbox. That's amazing.

Yeah it’s a great feature, there are some 460 games I still go back to in between new games.

On 10/25/2023 at 5:20 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

This is a cool review. I wasn't aware you could play your old xbox games on this dating back to the OG xbox. That's amazing.

Wow I had no idea, and I've had the X since the day it came out on that black friday years ago.

Not sure if you 'Muricans have Staples or not but they have a pretty dope deal right now:

https://www.staples.ca/products/2993232-en-xbox-series-x-console#bv-reviews-container

The X is usually $650 but it's on sale for $525. I was planning on waiting to see what other sales come out, but this is only live for 3 days (Not even a black Friday deal) and looks like the best sale I have seen for an X to date.

What do you think, should I chance it and go for this or hold off to confirm no better sales?

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Not sure if you 'Muricans have Staples or not but they have a pretty dope deal right now:

https://www.staples.ca/products/2993232-en-xbox-series-x-console#bv-reviews-container

The X is usually $650 but it's on sale for $525. I was planning on waiting to see what other sales come out, but this is only live for 3 days (Not even a black Friday deal) and looks like the best sale I have seen for an X to date.

What do you think, should I chance it and go for this or hold off to confirm no better sales?

I don't think you're gonna get a better deal frankly.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Ended up getting a 20% discount at Shopper's for their friend and family promo today only. Got $150 off an X!

Let's goooo.

Nice, glad you waited for the deals.

Also finally getting to the point of actually needing one industry wise this year.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Details on the Wu Tang game

LINK

“According to both reports, the game is a third-person melee-oriented RPG complete with four-player co-op. The game was also said to heavily involve the Wu-Tang Clan members themselves with the game’s soundtrack and would feature the likes of loot, weapons, and gear from defeated enemies. According to the reports, the game is in development at Brass Lion Entertainment, a new studio formed in 2019 by Manveer Heir.

Insider Gaming can corroborate these original reports and understands that the game is currently in its Alpha stage.

The gameplay evolves around fast-paced melee combat in third-person, with a strong focus on having both music and combat intertwined. Players can choose from four different weapons that all have different and unique playstyles (single swords, dual swords, etc.). It’s understood that the game features a massive catalog of the Wu-Tang Clan’s music, most of which has been re-imagined by producer and DJ Just Blaze for the game.

The Wu-Tang Clan’s involvement goes beyond just their music, too, as all nine Wu-Tang Clan members are also playable and act as the player’s limited-time buff that will give you ultimate moves, increased health, and more. 

Gathered loot and items all fit into the game’s central social hub, named the ‘Neighborhood’. Here, players will be able to sell their loot, listen to music, and show off their unique fashion choices with one another. Sources outlined that the game will be a “welcome space for all players” and will center around characters from BIPOC and historically marginalized communities.

Gameplay sent to Insider Gaming under the condition that the footage doesn’t go public and the source remains anonymous shows an animation style somewhat similar to Into The Spider-verse. For example. one front flip with a slam attack contained 7-8 frames of animation. As for the overall visuals, the game is bright, colorful, and anime-like in style. Players can explore the vast world freely, which is described as “blurring the boundaries of reality”.

Insider Gaming was unable to get an accurate release date from its sources, but gameplay suggests that the game could still be one or two years away at the very least.”

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Xbox 2024 gets detailed at the Dev Direct 

• Indiana Jones, sometime in 2024
  • Hellblade II, May 21, 2024
  • Avowed, Fall 2024
  • Ara, Fall 2024 (Civ clone)

All 4 of these games have potential to be really fun, and I think at worst they'll all be solid. Can't imagine any of them being true "flops" like previous big Xbox releases. Super excited for Hellblade II, and looking forward to Avowed/Indiana Jones. Ara isn't my favorite genre, but I could see myself giving it a shot. Shaping up to be a good Xbox/PC year for Microsoft games.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, MacReady said:

I just bought one.

Did zero research whatsoever.

I just want to play Starfield.

What should I know about this thing?

You’ll get more or less out of it depending on your tv and how new it is.

but that’s moreso for high frame rate games .