Xbox Series X

showtime

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:
17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

@Matts4313 Looks like Microsoft.com has it in stock

Yes still in stock.  I haven't played in almost two months and am too occupied growing my business so I may end up pushing back a purchase until the holidays.

I wanted one for this weekend. They had them at Target, but you have to do it through all access. Not ideal, but I will just pay it off when they send me the first statement. 

So cloud gaming is pretty awesome. Couple clicks, no download time, off and running. Only tried Mortal Kombat, but no lag or anything that would make it unplayable. 

Im assuming they all (NES/Sony) have this since Googles attempt at gaming?

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

So cloud gaming is pretty awesome. Couple clicks, no download time, off and running. Only tried Mortal Kombat, but no lag or anything that would make it unplayable. 

Im assuming they all (NES/Sony) have this since Googles attempt at gaming?

Sony has a version for a library of games (I think mostly older gen, but not positive), some Nintendo games have it.

But yeah it’s pretty integral to what Xbox is doing. They created a toooon of server farms with the XSX chips to do it. 

Some point this year they reportedly are releasing an Apple TV style streaming puck so you can make any TV an Xbox easily. Would definitely opt for one of those over a roku because of the flexibility. Put one on our other TV.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Sony has a version for a library of games (I think mostly older gen, but not positive), some Nintendo games have it.

But yeah it’s pretty integral to what Xbox is doing. They created a toooon of server farms with the XSX chips to do it. 

I was just surprised at how playable it was. I think in an RPG or something like that, lag time wouldnt matter as much. But in a fighter, like Mortal Kombat, its all about lag. So I was impressed. 

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Some point this year they reportedly are releasing an Apple TV style streaming puck so you can make any TV an Xbox easily. Would definitely opt for one of those over a roku because of the flexibility. Put one on our other TV.

Id buy one. Assuming it comes with a normal remote control, that is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Id buy one. Assuming it comes with a normal remote control, that is. 

I think yeah the point is to be easily pairable , they are also releasing an app for TVs with Bluetooth to just play it right off there

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Finally got a Series X but got hosed by GameStop trading in my Project Scorpio edition XBOX. Didn’t get any extra credit for the special edition. Last year there was a $50 difference between standard and PS edition. 

GameStop ripping someone off? Imagine my shock.

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Is it worth upgrading from my Xbox one to X or S? A ton of Madden features aren't available on older gen so I am considering making the move up.

If so, is the X at $600 worth the difference of the S at $375? From what I read the X is faster and has better graphics? 

It is definitely worth upgrading from an Xbox One to X or S, assuming 2 things. 1) You game enough that a new console is worth it. 2) Xbox is your main console and you don't have a PC.

Now whether to get the X or S is up to you.  Personally I would go with the S because it still looks good and is plenty of fast and is saving you money.  The lack of storage in the S is a flaw though.  There is a new version of the Series S coming out soon though, I'd say wait for that one to come out

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2023/06/microsoft-announces-new-350-1-tb-xbox-series-s/

However if you are good on money and don't have any other console, then the X is probably worth it.  Just keep in mind that it came out in 2020 and it is 2023.  There is a chance we aren't far off from Microsoft coming out with an upgrade from the X.  Which is why I think it might be better to get the cheaper option of the 2.  Xbox hasn't went longer than 3 years without a new console release since 2010.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1