Xbox Series X

showtime

9 hours ago, iknowcool said:

It is definitely worth upgrading from an Xbox One to X or S, assuming 2 things. 1) You game enough that a new console is worth it. 2) Xbox is your main console and you don't have a PC.

Now whether to get the X or S is up to you.  Personally I would go with the S because it still looks good and is plenty of fast and is saving you money.  The lack of storage in the S is a flaw though.  There is a new version of the Series S coming out soon though, I'd say wait for that one to come out

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2023/06/microsoft-announces-new-350-1-tb-xbox-series-s/

However if you are good on money and don't have any other console, then the X is probably worth it.  Just keep in mind that it came out in 2020 and it is 2023.  There is a chance we aren't far off from Microsoft coming out with an upgrade from the X.  Which is why I think it might be better to get the cheaper option of the 2.  Xbox hasn't went longer than 3 years without a new console release since 2010.

Storage can be rectified with the Xbox Series S 1 TB model @$350 USD. Launches 09/01/2023. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/xbox-series-s/carbon-black tbh the X is worth it for the Disk Drive if you wanna play physical games and or have movies on blu-ray/DVD etc.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2023/06/13/phil-spencer-says-xbox-series-x-doesnt-need-an-upgrade-is-that-true/?sh=642c50ad4228

The Series X is their "Mid gen" upgrade they just launched it in 2020 instead of 2023, expect a slim revision this year or something similar to their 2016 Xbox one S refresh. Tbh it might just be the Series S 1 TB @350 that's their xbox refresh this year. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 11:56 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Is it worth upgrading from my Xbox one to X or S? A ton of Madden features aren't available on older gen so I am considering making the move up.

If so, is the X at $600 worth the difference of the S at $375? From what I read the X is faster and has better graphics? 

Definitely worth the upgrade.

Depends on your setup, but the X is more of a future proof move this point in the generation. S is great for people not upgrading their tvs still, or really care about getting that peak performance on things. There are occasionally games that lag behind on the S, usually do to hiccups in that port. But it’s not a widespread thing, you get like a game or two talking about that. Like right now Larian is talking about getting the couch split screen to work as they want on the S as an issue for the Xbox release of Baldur’s Gate 3.

Also games are still stupid big, especially with the games like Madden and COD where they don’t really bother optimizing as much as they could. So the doubled SSD size gets it into a good sweet spot.

I’d be curious about them doing a North American price drop this fall, and if not NA maybe you can pop down to grab one ha. But right now you’re actually paying less than we would (~$450 US)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Huge leak on Xbox’s plans from now to 2030

New controller next year (brings haptics, gyro and speakers to it…essentially more in line with the Dualsense)
F6XRyy3XoAA6uU0?format=jpg&name=large

Polished up hardware after that. Not a pro, just a new sku for S and X.

F6XRNMYXEAAzHVk?format=jpg&name=large

image.png

F6XTVZlWMAAhhmB?format=jpg&name=large

Gaming leaks Oblivion and Fallout 3 remasters/remakes. Dishonored 3, Doom Year Zero, etc. 

\image.png

Companies they are looking at for acquisition. Warner Bros, Valve, “prime asset” Nintendo. (Which explains the flirting they’ve done the last few years)

and way more

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Huge leak on Xbox’s plans from now to 2030

New controller next year (brings haptics, gyro and speakers to it…essentially more in line with the Dualsense)

Polished up hardware after that. Not a pro, just a new sku for S and X.

Gaming leaks Oblivion and Fallout 3 remasters/remakes. Dishonored 3, Doom Year Zero, etc. 

Companies they are looking at for acquisition. Warner Bros, Valve, “prime asset” Nintendo. (Which explains the flirting they’ve done the last few years)

and way more

What do you think Project Kestrel could be? 

59 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

What do you think Project Kestrel could be? 

Hm Zenimax Online Studios game from previous leaks, so really could be anything.

I know there was some talk of them doing single player or co-op games.

If it's them doing their own thing, Kestral would make me think something with planes/ships. I wonder if it'll be entirely their own thing or if they are building it off Starfield like ESO was. I think it's it's own thing, but there is a chance to do a cool game covering the Colony Wars in Starfield. Big Mechs, Ship combat, big battles. You do that with a crew and ESO type storytelling...I can at least see that as a game.

There were murmurs of someone within Xbox/Bethesda doing a Mandolorian game, but that slide specifically talks about a "Licensed IP Game".. so Kestral isn't that probably.

Screenshot_2023_09_18_at_11.47.12_PM.web

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elevators_rule said:

Biggest leaks I've ever seen in gaming. Wild what's come out these past few days.

it's wild, the only slight saving grace for them is that more games didn't leak and that schedule was older. With everything taking an 18-24 month bump back because of covid/delays. Looks more like this from Bethesda.

2022 -> 2024 |  Indy, Oblivion Remaster. Starfield DLC

2023 -> 2025 |  DOOM Year Zero, Projects Platinum and Kestral (Zenimax)

2025 -> 2026 |  The Elder Scrolls IV, "Licensed IP" Game, Fallout 3 Remaster, Ghostwire 2, Dishonored 3, etc

So no Xbox studios games, though maybe that leaked as well. Plus they'll have Activision/Blizzard wrapped up this fall, so that will add to it too.
We know Starfield will probably get multi-year support, whether that is just small things or full dlc/expansions remains to be seen.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Urgg, still going back and forth so hard regarding getting an X or S.

If you're playing on a 4k TV, X is significantly better for $100 more. If you have a gaming PC and just want an entertainment device in the living room (I have a few coworkers like this) then the S is great.

Important to note that the main/difference is how crisp the graphics are. S is 1440p while X is 4k. Both make use of the same fast SSD.

Edited by elevators_rule
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Urgg, still going back and forth so hard regarding getting an X or S.

Get an X, between the storage and occasionally having better options performance wise… at this point it’s the only one I’d get for a main box.

Unless you don’t have an updated TV, then the S is fine.

• Like 2

On 10/22/2023 at 10:54 AM, elevators_rule said:

If you're playing on a 4k TV, X is significantly better for $100 more. If you have a gaming PC and just want an entertainment device in the living room (I have a few coworkers like this) then the S is great.

Important to note that the main/difference is how crisp the graphics are. S is 1440p while X is 4k. Both make use of the same fast SSD.

22 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Get an X, between the storage and occasionally having better options performance wise… at this point it’s the only one I’d get for a main box.

Unless you don’t have an updated TV, then the S is fine.

18 hours ago, Danger said:

X

without thinking twice. The Series S isn't going to age well IMO.

Thanks for the advice boys.

Anything will be an upgrade over my old school One. I'm leaning towards the X too as I have an awesome TV and think it's worth going big, but the price is a lot more substantial than $100.

On Amazon Canada, the S is going for  $380 and X is $630. Is the additional $250 still worth it?

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Thanks for the advice boys.

Anything will be an upgrade over my old school One. I'm leaning towards the X too as I have an awesome TV and think it's worth going big, but the price is a lot more substantial than $100.

On Amazon Canada, the S is going for  $380 and X is $630. Is the additional $250 still worth it?

Might be worth waiting for the sales next month.

If you have the good tv, you’ll want an X. 

• Like 1