Xbox Series X

showtime

1 minute ago, Nazgul said:

I know it's called an XBOX, but they didn't need to actually make it a box.

I'm honestly not sure what people expected.  This console is roughly 4x more powerful than the Xbox One S.  Did people really think they would be able to keep the consoles as small as they are today, while making them that absurdly powerful?  The thing is basically a PC, so it has a mini-PC tower.

Xbox continuing their trend of terrible console naming*

Xbox - Solid.

Xbox 360- Sure why not.

Xbox One - It's the third console wtf.

Xbox one X - Sure....

Xbox Series X - XboxSX another terrible name. 

Edited by SwoleXmad
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Xbox continuing their trend of terrible console naming*

Xbox - Solid.

Xbox 360- Sure why not.

Xbox One - It's the third console wtf.

Xbox one X - Sure....

Xbox Series X - XboxSX another terrible name. 

I agree with this.

I read an article a few days ago that Microsoft was going to release two consoles 2020 holidays.  One would be a cheaper console and then a more expensive version that's supposed to be roughly 4x more powerful than the current Xbox One S.

Also, I wish they would have shown the price.  I'm really curious as to what the price of these things will be with all the internals and power they will have.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

I agree with this.

I read an article a few days ago that Microsoft was going to release two consoles 2020 holidays.  One would be a cheaper console and then a more expensive version that's supposed to be roughly 4x more powerful than the current Xbox One S.

Also, I wish they would have shown the price.  I'm really curious as to what the price of these things will be with all the internals and power they will have.

I'd treat that with a grain of salt given next gen consoles are still a little under a year away and Xbox has plenty of time to change their mind on that because splitting the user-base that early on is a bad idea. 

Whoever announces the price first is an idiot, but agreed. 

Whoever reveals first whether that's $400-500 will most likely be undercut in price by the other.

16 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I'd treat that with a grain of salt given next gen consoles are still a little under a year away and Xbox has plenty of time to change their mind on that because splitting the user-base that early on is a bad idea. 

Whoever announces the price first is an idiot, but agreed. 

Whoever reveals first whether that's $400-500 will most likely be undercut in price by the other.

I don't think the player base will be split.  In fact, all Xbox one S and Xbox One X users will more than likely be able to play with Xbox Series X users..... Xbox Series X users will just be able to run the game at higher FPS and the game will look better.

I don't think this will be like other gens where the consoles were separated.  Like going from PS3 to PS4 was.

14 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't think the player base will be split.  In fact, all Xbox one S and Xbox One X users will more than likely be able to play with Xbox Series X users..... Xbox Series X users will just be able to run the game at higher FPS and the game will look better.

I don't think this will be like other gens where the consoles were separated.  Like going from PS3 to PS4 was.

Xbox Series X is the higher end model. Meaning developers will look to base their games off of the cheaper/more popular lower end model first meaning the X is going to need multiple developer port. Kinda like how the switch has different modes for docked/mobile play, it's a hassle Microsoft should avoid and just roll with the series X.

I agree, both being backwards compatible helps a lot on that end but I have a feeling Xbox is still gonna split it's user base with two different models at launch, along the Wii U esque name compared to the One X. 

All facts, should've just kept it named Scarlett for all that, lol

Sounds inspiring even though I'm not a huge Xbox fan, but its cool that they're making it backwards compatible with all gens. Controller still looks wild to me and I'll always believe they should have stuck with the 360 design.