Xbox Series X

showtime

6 hours ago, opeth0500 said:

Does the series s run at 120 FPS? I have a series X in my living room on an hdmi 2.1 tv and a Xbox one S in my bedroom. Recently my girlfriend was watching tv in the living room so I tried playing Halo in the bedroom. I can honestly say I can never go back from 120. 

It does yeah. I vaguely remember it actually outperformed the XSX and PS5 in some of those frame rate tests. Which if you’re producing 1/4 the size of something it makes sense.

55 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Well, we managed to get a 2nd one with Walmart+. The question now is do we replace our XBox One in our family room, or see if any of our friends have been trying to get one and sell it to them at cost?

It's the holidays. You know what to do.

Im not going back through the thread, but has there been any promising exclusives announced for XBX?    Sony is going to be a juggernaut the next 2 or 3 years with their exclusives, and I thought Microsoft was going to take steps to compete with them on that front.    The only one Im really aware of was the new Halo.   I believe I saw a couple more, but nothing that really stood out.

5 hours ago, 43M said:

Im not going back through the thread, but has there been any promising exclusives announced for XBX?    Sony is going to be a juggernaut the next 2 or 3 years with their exclusives, and I thought Microsoft was going to take steps to compete with them on that front.    The only one Im really aware of was the new Halo.   I believe I saw a couple more, but nothing that really stood out.

Several but they are a ways out still. 

And even then technically Microsoft doesn't do console exclusives because all Microsoft games release on PC at launch as well as console. 

But Microsoft does have several AAA titles in the works at their various studios. 

Hellblade 2 looks solid.

Obsidian is working on a potentially good one as well.

And with the acquisition of Bethesda all future Elder Scrolls and Fallout titles will be Microsoft exclusives (as will starfield) so they have some heavy hitters in their lineup is just going to take a bit of time until they really start coming out. Starfield is next year... Elder scrolls 6 is their next project but it'll be years until we see that.

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 43M said:

There is two lanes here.

Exclusives (both 1st and 3rd party) and then on top of it what’s coming to Gamepass. Cause extra stuff is launching early in Xbox or is launching everywhere but day 1 into GP. Have stuff like Deathloop coming there next fall too.

Like next year you have A Plagues Tale 2 launching there day 1. Also some cool looking indies like Somerville launching first.

But in terms of outright aaa exclusives to the ecosystem, starting this fall you had Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite, both are also on The Xbox One though.

Xbox is going all next gen starting next year. You’ll be able to play on Xbox One but it’ll be through cloud streaming.

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, GSC | Spring 2022. Launching only on Xbox for now and on Gamepass. FPS, post apocalyptic game. Upgraded to UE5. Sequel to the cult classic 2009 game (I never played it)
  • Redfall, Arkane | Summer 2022. Campaign Co-op Vampire game. Can do single or with a couple other people.
  • Starfield, Bethesda | 11/11/22. BGS’s first new game since they got the Fallout license, set in space. Called a “Han Solo Simulator” or “Skyrim in space”
  • Forza Motorsport, Turn 10 | Fall 2022. Entirely next gen racing game. Given some of the tech used in horizon (they share) it should be real pretty at least.

• Avowed, Obsidian | 2023. First person RPG. If Outer Worlds was their Fallout, this seems to be their Elder Scrolls. Set in the Pillars of Eternity universe.
  • Fable, Playground Games | 2023. Reboot of the old action RPG franchise. Brand new 2nd team, will probably be a little more photorealistic.
  • Hellblade II, Ninja Theory | 2023. Cinematic open 3rd world sequel, will be one of the 1st Xbox studios games using Unreal Engine 5. Just showed gameplay at TGA.
  • Contraband, Avalanche | 2023? A co-op heist game, made by the Just Cause team.
  • State of Decay 3, Undead Labs / 2023? Supposedly a bigger sequel.

• Quake?, id soft | 2024?. This has been reportedly what they are working on since Doom Eternal. Rebooting another classic shooter franchise. But nothing is really well known, could be out sooner.
  • Indiana Jones, MachineGames | 2024?Only game we’re not 100% clear on in terms of exclusivity. But should be out late 2023 or probably 2024. Reports that they were working on Wolfenstein 3 as well?
  • Perfect Dark, The Initiative & Crystal Dynamics | 2024? Reboot of Joanna Dark, between both studios a lot of people who worked on the Tomb Raider reboot. Bringing in CD maybe means it’s out sooner but probably 2024 at the latest.
  • Gears 6, The Coalition | 2024? They are taking a break to familiarize themselves with UE5, they were half of the team that made that Matrix preview that came out as well as a smaller game. But they reportedly are working on Gears too.
  • “Midnight”, Compulsion | 2024? Not a lot is known aside from a working title and some screen shots. But they beefed up the team a lot. Said to be a 3rd person action game set in the gothic southern fantasy. It could creep into 2023, We Happy Few was awhile ago.
  • ”Cobalt”, inXile | 2024. Almost the same, smaller team that is getting pumped up with that Microsoft money. Steampunk RPG.

Other stuff

Halo Infinite is said to be a platform, so aside from the multiplayer they are likely going to be doing story expansions or follow ups within the same launcher.

Everwild is a Rare game that was due out next year but is going back into the oven until 2024.

There is a fantasy game with IO (Hitman), new 2nd studio they opened. Rumor is Avalanche, IO and maybe Asobo (Flight Sim, A Plagues Tale) are possibly being bought if these projects go well.

Reportedly a Kojima game that has been in development for a little bit, other smaller projects from teams inside Xbox/Bethesda or 3rd party publishing deals that have been rumored.

Double Fine will probably have something out in that AA space the next couple years. They move fairly fast and have multiple teams doing stuff. Was a bit all hands to get Psychonauts 2 to the level of polish it had.

On the Bethesda side not a lot is known.

Zenimax Online has a couple teams making new games, not necessarily MMOs. Some of the newer studios Zenimax bought the last couple years are unknowns. The Deathloop studio in Arkane will probably start onto something new for like 2025. Elder Scrolls 6 won’t be out until like 2026 at the earliest, shouldn’t take as long since the new engine is built but a minimum time for them. Same with the next tango game, will be a bit with Ghostwire getting delayed. But not really going to list that far out because aside from Elder Scrolls a lot can change.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One thing I hate about Microsoft Store and having a Digital Console, they NEVER lower their prices. Not even old sports games. Even PlayStation lowers their digital prices. 

Probably gonna wait 7-8 months but probably gonna get a PS5 Disk version. At least that way I have Xbox for Gamepass and PS5 for everything else. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had to do an offline reboot with a USB before due to my saved games being corrupt. There have been a few times over the years I'll be in the middle of a game and it says something like "saved data corrupt." I recently got it again and the USB reset didn't work.  I'm going to try again later, but any reason why this happens often?  I'm stuck on the "something went wrong" screen and cannot play.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Do any of you know a way to check in store stock? Pretty much every website out there no longer shows them for pick up. And most of the "stock checkers" dont seem to be helpful either. 

No but Xbox Series X is decently easy to get these days… way easier than a PS5. Heck I saw a Series X at a pawn shop the other day still sealed for $50 over retail. Also many on eBay for right around retail. 

And they do go in stock online in real stores pretty often. Just gotta keep checking.