Redskins vs. Eagles - 12/15 @ FedEx - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

So it looks like we are picking 4th overall at the moment. Wtf?! Dolphins and Giants ahead of us Bengals too of course 

I believe a coin-flip determines who picks 3rd. Miami is listed at #3 because they do it alphabetical if you have same record and same SOS. But if we tie on all tiebreakers, the last one is a coin flip

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I believe a coin-flip determines who picks 3rd. Miami is listed at #3 because they do it alphabetical if you have same record and same SOS. But if we tie on all tiebreakers, the last one is a coin flip

That's ridiculous. They really need to change this system.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That's ridiculous. They really need to change this system.

Oops. Forgot about the other ones that happen beforehand...

https://operations.nfl.com/the-players/the-nfl-draft/the-rules-of-the-draft/

If the teams have the same strength of schedule, division or conference tiebreakers are applied. If the divisional or conference tiebreakers are not applicable, or ties still exist between teams of different conferences, ties will be broken the following tie-breaking method:

1. Head-to-head, if applicable
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games (minimum of four)
  3. Strength of victory in all games
  4. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games
  5. Best net points in all games
  6. Best net touchdowns in all games
  7. Coin toss

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

It won't get to a coin flip since there is a head-to-head game between Washington and Miami.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Oops. Forgot about the other ones that happen beforehand...

https://operations.nfl.com/the-players/the-nfl-draft/the-rules-of-the-draft/

Yes, in most cases, if two teams in opposite conferences have the same record and strength of schedule, it goes to a coin flip as you will not have enough common games to trigger any of the tiebreakers prior to the coin toss. However, since Washington played Miami and won, the Dolphins get to pick first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Well- from what I've heard / read . It's not clear who had coverage. Norman came all the way across to pick him up-too late. It's on Munusky for not have them coached up in my opinion !

I just don't know how these guys don't know what they are doing though. They have practiced this defense since May. I guess maybe... Maybe... It's bc the calls are coming in late but still, there’s no reason this should keep happening. Take the Ertz TD. The Redskins had 4 defenders on the line of scrimmage to cover 3 guys. Then, for some stupid reason they let the best receiver the Eagles have go uncovered - Ertz - Craig Hoffman said this  morning he thinks it was Moreau’s responsibility to cover that part of the field there, but w/o knowing the call it's impossible to know for sure. Moreau was the guy on the outside, Colllins was towards the end of the line & Anderson was standing up in a two point stance on the line of scrimmage and there was another DB there too. Moreland maybe?

Anyways, I guess the same could be said for Norman, but to me bc he didn't think he was going to play and he didn’t look ready or interested in playing which pretty much defines his entire season. He's just suited up on Sunday’s to collect his check.

• Like 1